sakura33

Birchbox July 2016 spoilers

Some of you have some good boxes.  Would love to try the Shiseido samples.

I got a 5 item box.  2 hair care items again, shampoo and styling lotion, super-goop sunscreen, smash box mascara, and thermal water.  meh.  Thinking about cashing out for rituals shower gel and a facial cleanser after this month.  Anyone have any favorites?

Arrow antiperspirant deodorant is really good, it looks tiny but goes a long way.

I also recommend Marvis toothpaste.

I am so glad I did not sign up for the past two boxes (june and july) as there aren't any boxes I've seen posted online that I covet.

Just FYI I was able to review my boxes this morning. One curated, one not. Get those points before 7/11!

Just FYI I was able to review my boxes this morning. One curated, one not. Get those points before 7/11!

It says I can review for points, but I am not getting the full review screen or points for the review I submitted. Blah.

My review page still has stars and a box instead of questions.  I think it will only work if you get an email asking if you want to peek at your page.  And those only come out after it ships.  With my luck mine won't ship until the 12th. :(  

Looks like I'm getting the Smashbox mascara instead of the Marcelle I selected :( I was able to review my box though. Also getting

Raw Sprirt fragrance-I like trying new scents, so I don't mind perfume samples

MDSolarSciences sunscreen-I will use, but not excited about

BalanceMe Radience Face Mask-happy about this :)

Marcelle Micellar water-another think I will use but am not especially excited about

• Like 1

I am finding it so unfair some people are able to review their boxes early- and if they had more than 5 items they get the correct amount of points (ie 70 for 7 items)- when people like me who's curated box has shipped but am not able to review for points before "the deadline"--- not sure if this means those able to review before July 11 will also get to review their Aug boxes, or if they just get an extra $2 out of it but still = unfair to me.

• Like 3

Maybe if you email them they'll slip you a few extra points, you never know. I used to email Ipsy customer service all the time, not just for missing items but also out of curiousity, like why didn't I get that makeup brush when my profile says I prefer that over the face moisturizer they send me four months in a row? You know, just silly stuff like that.

ETA I know with bb customer service its probably not the same but it doesn't hurt to reach out to them.

Edited by mirandamanda

My review page still has stars and a box instead of questions.  I think it will only work if you get an email asking if you want to peek at your page.  And those only come out after it ships.  With my luck mine won't ship until the 12th. :(  

mine shipped out and I have the same thing you do :( 

I sent an email complaining about it - along with their original email about the changes in the point system.  We are allowed 5 more reviews.....

If you are seeing stars on your review page you might want to keep checking back.  My box finally shipped and I was able to review for points. 

• Like 1

If you are seeing stars on your review page you might want to keep checking back.  My box finally shipped and I was able to review for points. 

Yes, my box shipped yesterday and today I have the regular review page up.

I was able to review today, too. Although I have to say I felt kind of dishonest giving a review without trying the products.

I might stick around for 1 more month depending on the curated box or the PYS. I like the element of surprise, although this month's box was completely off for me.

I finally got the peek at your box email and I was able to review my products. I too have the wrong mascara choice. I plan to contact them tomorrow and see what they do. Previously they were great about correcting these kind of mistakes. I don't know what they will do, but if I am not sent the right mascara or offered points, I will not be happy. What is the point in being an Ace and having sample pick and then they don't honor it. My yearly is till November and I plan to stay till then.

I was able to review my box today for 70 points. My mascara sample choice was correct on the spoiler email too. We'll see what actually shows up.

So I was checking out the tracking on my July box and it actually has tracking for 2 packages the first one is dated 2/9/15 and is going to Seattle, WA and the second one is actually my box going to TN....how weird, tracking glitch I guess?

post-122001-0-40483700-1468275287_thumb.png

That used to happen a lot, I think they're reusing tracking numbers, the date from the top one is last year so I don't think you have to worry about it.

Edited by mirandamanda
  • Like 1

I am finding it so unfair some people are able to review their boxes early- and if they had more than 5 items they get the correct amount of points (ie 70 for 7 items)- when people like me who's curated box has shipped but am not able to review for points before "the deadline"--- not sure if this means those able to review before July 11 will also get to review their Aug boxes, or if they just get an extra $2 out of it but still = unfair to me.

I have a real problem with the way they handled the points change. They knew most people wouldn't get their box before July 11th. To be fair to all subscribers, they should have made the change start August 1st. Not only that, the box on my second account has five measly items. I'm pretty sure one will be a foil packet (Klorane conditioner) and the others are really boring. Clinique soap, Smashbox mascara, Klorane shampoo, and yet another Coola sunscreen.

I'm so annoyed I will be cashing out my points and cancelling both accounts. Birchbox is so out of touch. Oh, and giving new subscribers 200 points?? Desperate and misguided. They should be trying to keep their current customers happy as well. I have spent a lot of money in their shop, but those days are over.

In regards to the "new annual subscriptions get 200 points" - I think they are desperate for some cash flow with so many people leaving and want that year of $$ up front. If they were struggling before I can't imagine they are doing any better now.

Just as an FYI..if you are month to month, the FREE100 code worked when I changed my mind about keeping my birchbox another month...I might have cancelled, gotten this email a few minutes later, resubscribed, and gotten all 100 extra points. I'll take the incentive to stay one more month!

But now I'm 7 points short of an even number and $10 more birchbox dollars.

well my box has yet to load!  i had a billing issue, typed my address wrong and fixed it the next day! ... so no reviews for points snd my spoiler is not showing the curated box like I wanted!

Just as an FYI..if you are month to month, the FREE100 code worked when I changed my mind about keeping my birchbox another month...I might have cancelled, gotten this email a few minutes later, resubscribed, and gotten all 100 extra points. I'll take the incentive to stay one more month!

But now I'm 7 points short of an even number and $10 more birchbox dollars.

You can use points in any amount now.