Foundation For Dry Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a foundation that is medium to full coverage for dry skin? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @@Faiths13! Welcome to MUT! Not sure if you are looking for drugstore foundations or higher end but the Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation is great. Mineral foundations are great too. They give a great coverage that is buildable (you only need a little bit in the brush and apply in circular motion) and lasts really well.

Hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would prefer high end, but I'm open to either. I actually just tried the Ester Lauded and it was very dry on my skin. I have been using Mac Studio Fix, but it shows some patchy spots.

Dior is outstanding and so is Guerlain. Guerlain lingerie de beauty foundation is about the only one I've fully used and repurchased. The coverage is great and looks very natural.

I have the driest. skin. of life. Lol and I have a couple of suggestions for you! The new Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation is gorgeous, doesn't stick to dry patches and gives you a beautiful luminous finish. I've also heard the new Tarte Water Foundation is amazing for dry skin, but haven't tried it yet. They also have a gel foundation from the Rain Forest collection that will work well for full coverage. One of my favorites is the Tarte Maracuja Oil Miracle Foundation, and they have it on sale right now on the Tarte website, and it comes with a great foundation brush too! I also love the Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation. If you'll notice the trend with the names, anything with the words "oil", "aqua" or "luminous" are usually a good bet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Honestly though, my #1 tip for issues with dry skin and foundation is prep! Using a hydrating primer, like the Laura Gellar Hydrating Spackle Primer, which feels cooling on the skin, isn't too thick, but feels like sooo hydrating and has a bit of a tacky finish, which helps your makeup last forever. Glossier Priming Moisturizer is a great primer, and really moisturizes the skin too! Hope this helps!!

I've recently started using the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea water foundation and love it. Even more than their Amazonian Clay foundation, which I've used for years. It gives a very flawless finish and doesn't stick to my dry patches. It wears for a long time as well. Just make sure to pair it with a water based primer if you use one, I use Laura Mercier foundation primer.

I tried Tarte's Hybrid Gel foundation and was not impressed. They don't have a shade light enough for my pale skin, and although I tried mixing it with a white base....the foundation didn't last but a few hours before it started to bleed. Could be because I had to mix it with another brand though. 

@@LadyGordon I've heard mixed reviews of the Tarte Gel Hybrid Foundation too. I think you have to have a very particular type of skin to make it work, and that's just not practical for sales in the makeup world. I heard that it's great for very dry skin, which fits me, so I still want to try it, but they do have a limited shade range as well. Have you tried mixing it with Cover FX Custom Cover Drops? That's a great shade mixer and doesn't really affect the consistency very much at all.

@@LadyGordon I've heard mixed reviews of the Tarte Gel Hybrid Foundation too. I think you have to have a very particular type of skin to make it work, and that's just not practical for sales in the makeup world. I heard that it's great for very dry skin, which fits me, so I still want to try it, but they do have a limited shade range as well. Have you tried mixing it with Cover FX Custom Cover Drops? That's a great shade mixer and doesn't really affect the consistency very much at all.
Thanks @, I had not heard of the Cover FX Custom Cover drops, I will have to try that. I hate for the jar of the hybrid gel foundation to just sit there. I'm hoping the issue I have is the mixer I used, can't remember the name now. I just wish they had a larger shade range, especially for those of us who are really pale. Hope that it works for you!

I'm using Loreal True Match foundation, It looks natural and super blendable. It's not high end but It will keep your skin moisturized all day. I really like it. Maybe you can try it too!

L’Oreal True Match Foundation is ideal for dry skin because it comes with Glycerine that sufficiently moisturizes the skin plus Vitamin B, E that offer you all the nourishment you requires while you wear it.

Hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would prefer high end, but I'm open to either. I actually just tried the Ester Lauded and it was very dry on my skin. I have been using Mac Studio Fix, but it shows some patchy spots.
I have really dry skin too and thought the same thing about the Estee foundation - I think Makeup Forever HD is the best - I also use it with Cle de Peau concealer stick which is nice and creamy. Makeup Forever HD looks so lovely and natural too. 

To give a complete coverage to your face with your foundation, use the products wisely. Firstly divide your face in 4 parts then apply foundation. This way you will be able to cover your face completely. 

I would suggest the Makeup Forever HD. I don't have dry skin and one of the reasons it's not my favorite is because it leaves me skin looking dewy. I feel like this would be a plus for dry skin as it would probably be very hydrating.

My go-to is Estee Lauder Double Wear, and since you didn't like that one and I LOVE it, maybe you would love the foundation I hate? lol

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is a great one for dry skin. Everyone who uses it always say they almost ALWAYS get compliments when they use this foundation! Worth a go!

While I'm here, I actually came across this new instagram page @findingtheglow and she has so many great tips all beauty related! Been so helpful for me

If you are looking for light-medium coverage, I recommend Wet & Wild photo focus foundation. And for medium-full coverage, Milani's concealer and foundation two-in-one

dry skin face scrub

Ingredients: 

1 tablespoon oatmeal 
1/2 tablespoon honey 
1/2 tablespoon sweet almond oil

Mineral Air foundation works best for combination to dry skin. If you are looking for medium to full coverage, this might give you the best results. The main use of foundation is to stick to the skin all day long without creating any patches of either dark or light shades.

Latest posts

Back