sakura33

Birchbox Points Changes

I want to cash in my points on a new fragrance, I'm really interested in Tocca. Does anyone have a favorite Tocca scent they recommend?

I want to cash in my points on a new fragrance, I'm really interested in Tocca. Does anyone have a favorite Tocca scent they recommend?

I liked the Florence that came in my Play box last month, but a lot of people hated it.  They said it was like old lady perfume.  Bianca is green tea and Giuletta is green apple.  Those seem to have a more universal appeal.  On a slightly related note I bought and returned the Lolia Sweethearts set.  They smelled wonderful but had zero staying power. 

I liked the Florence that came in my Play box last month, but a lot of people hated it. They said it was like old lady perfume. Bianca is green tea and Giuletta is green apple. Those seem to have a more universal appeal. On a slightly related note I bought and returned the Lolia Sweethearts set. They smelled wonderful but had zero staying power.

I did get a chance to smell Florence, I completely forgot about that! I loved it! I didn't get to really use it before my kids threw it in the trash on accident. I just want to find something that I love that isn't worn by every single person at the mall (*cough* Bright Crystal). I loved TokyoMilk Dark Everything and Nothing.

I got a Gorjana necklace to use 410 points.... ACE Free shipping is gone, cost me $5, and I could swear that the standard shipping cost changed mid transaction.

That's so weird - I cashed out on one of my accounts tonight, and the ACE free shipping was applied. It's also still listed as a benefit under the ACE program terms of service. These inconsistencies are just going to alienate whats left of their customer base.

After days of heavy debating I gave in and finally ordered the summer le box, because fomo. I had only 127 points so after 15% off and -$10 points I paid $43 oop. The only percent off codes that work at this point are (15%):

FIRST15OFF

COMEBACK15OFF

• Like 3

I cashed out on my 422 points (well, I still have more, because my purchase was less than 42.00!

I purchased

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint - Nude

Kikkerland Copper Hand & Foot Nail Clipper Set (so cute)

plus I added the mystery pack and used COMEBACK15OFF

I paid zero for this and still have 6 points - lol

• Like 1

Well I cashed in my points. I Decided I would just keep an eye out on Ebay and Poshmark for any Tocca sets. I decided to get some things to add to my front room, so I went with the Umbra Prisma tray and 5x7 brass picture frame. I love Umbra! I also added on the Number 4 detangling brush because my little monsters just broke my favorite brush (using it on our German shepherd), and I added the MSP because why not? I was able to use the COMEBACK15OFF code which saved me $6.45 so I only paid $3.05 for my entire order with my points. I'm really irritated with my non-ace account because every time I try to purchase something that says "ships free", I end up finding a shipping charge in my basket. I may just wait to cash out on that one.

• Like 2

Well I cashed in my points. I Decided I would just keep an eye out on Ebay and Poshmark for any Tocca sets. I decided to get some things to add to my front room, so I went with the Umbra Prisma tray and 5x7 brass picture frame. I love Umbra! I also added on the Number 4 detangling brush because my little monsters just broke my favorite brush (using it on our German shepherd), and I added the MSP because why not? I was able to use the COMEBACK15OFF code which saved me $6.45 so I only paid $3.05 for my entire order with my points. I'm really irritated with my non-ace account because every time I try to purchase something that says "ships free", I end up finding a shipping charge in my basket. I may just wait to cash out on that one.

You should be able to contact customer service and they can add your points from your non-ace account to your ace account.  I've done that in the past. 

I was able to use COMEBACK15OFF too! I haven't been able to use a code in like a year! I bought my favorite Atelier perfume and some powder, saved $22, and had $31 in points, but still paid $42. 

I was able to use COMEBACK15OFF too! I haven't been able to use a code in like a year! I bought my favorite Atelier perfume and some powder, saved $22, and had $31 in points, but still paid $42. 

Ooooh which Atelier perfume? I loved the Vanille!

The death knell continues.....

Is this the end of Birchbox?

http://www.racked.com/2016/7/13/12122758/birchbox-subscription-box-decline

I cancelled my yearly subscription yesterday and had used my points up right after they announced the point changes. I've got 4 months left, will be interesting to see if there is a decline in box quality.  My July box was pretty good, no complaints to speak of.

Edited by lulubelle107

I cancelled my yearly subscription yesterday and had used my points up right after they announced the point changes. I've got 4 months left, will be interesting to see if there is a decline in box quality. My July box was pretty good, no complaints to speak of.

Tracy did a great job with the article, and well, I was quoted so that's cool'.
  • Like 2

I cancelled my yearly subscription yesterday and had used my points up right after they announced the point changes. I've got 4 months left, will be interesting to see if there is a decline in box quality. My July box was pretty good, no complaints to speak of.

ugh sorry for the double post, not sure what happened! Edited by Krystyn Lowe

Tracy did a great job with the article, and well, I was quoted so that's cool'.

That is cool! It was a well written article.

I feel sad that Birchbox is struggling, as I have enjoyed it over the years. 

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was mentioned, but looks like we'll get 2 PYS in August - two hair products of choice. Also... 54 boxes, wow I didn't realize I've been with Birchbox that long! 

post-86409-0-79315700-1468599177_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was mentioned, but looks like we'll get 2 PYS in August - two hair products of choice. Also... 54 boxes, wow I didn't realize I've been with Birchbox that long!

attachicon.gifbbaug.jpg

I saw that, but had a different understanding of what it meant. It states that 2 hair products are guaranteed to be present in every box - but not that we get to actually choose both of them. I read "personalized" in that statement as Birchbox-speak, meaning they would use our profiles to "personalize" our boxes - and we all know how successful that has been.

I like your interpretation better!

• Like 1

I saw that, but had a different understanding of what it meant. It states that 2 hair products are guaranteed to be present in every box - but not that we get to actually choose both of them. I read "personalized" in that statement as Birchbox-speak, meaning they would use our profiles to "personalize" our boxes - and we all know how successful that has been.

I like your interpretation better!

Good point! I didn't even consider the fact that "personalized" might mean "tailored to your beauty profile". Unfortunately, I haven't really used anything from the past 4 or 5 boxes so I think I'm finally done with Birchbox for good. Redeemed my remaining points for Groomed for Greatness value set, hubs was very excited :)

• Like 1

I am done w/ Birchbox! I cancelled my subscription and just used up all my points.

I picked up my favorite Tocca fragrance (Florence) and w/ points and the COMEBACK15OFF code (thank you for that) I paid about 25 dollars total.

Besides being sampled out, the end of the points program was the end for me.

• Like 1

I just placed an order and my points counted $1 per point. I had 228 points (less than two hundred before I placed the order so the extra points were counted based on the order. I ended up getting $22.8 off the total by using the points. I think this system is way better than before when I had to wait for 100 points to get $10 off. Looks like the points were being counted similar to Sephora where it adds the current purchase amount to the points you already have and you can use them right away. Am I the only one who didn't know that the points are like this now? I've been majorly confused with this point change lol I knew the points were changing but couldn't keep track of what the new system was going to be like.

• Like 1

I just placed an order and my points counted $1 per point. I had 228 points (less than two hundred before I placed the order so the extra points were counted based on the order. I ended up getting $22.8 off the total by using the points. I think this system is way better than before when I had to wait for 100 points to get $10 off. Looks like the points were being counted similar to Sephora where it adds the current purchase amount to the points you already have and you can use them right away. Am I the only one who didn't know that the points are like this now? I've been majorly confused with this point change lol I knew the points were changing but couldn't keep track of what the new system was going to be like.

Maybe you just got really lucky lol Because my order didn't work that way. I made an order today and I started with 237 points and had $30 worth of stuff in my cart and it will only apply 237 points to my order. I wish it was applying like how you said though

• Like 1

It must have been a glitch then if it doesn't work for everyone that way. I wish it did work that way for everyone! 

• Like 1

So I'm confused...I just reviewed my husband's August Birchbox Man box, and received 10 points for each review (50 points total).

I thought reviews weren't supposed to count for points after July - wasn't that the change they announced? 

I'll gladly take the points!  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the discrepancy.

• Like 1

If you were able to review your July box before the July 11 cut off you can still review up to 5 samples this month.