Ok, it is actually sitting in the warehouse. So they haven't shipped the box and as usual more help by phone than via chat.

Why on earth to send the tracking number if the box is still in the warehouse?

Edited by Zaichik
  • Like 1

Surprise, surprise..

I got the box today and that means that they have no idea where the boxes are.

I will use everything except for the primer. I still have the same sample from the previous box. I will def use Clinique stick, I like the easy application. Got into this type of lip color after nars duo from Sephora.

The sample are tiny but still a decent box.

Isn't the Smashbox primer supposed to mattefy? I wore it to work and was still super shiny by lunchtime. Doesn't seem to go on as smoothly as the DDF serum/primer a few months ago.

The mud mask is nice. My three year old is high maintenance and has claimed the tiny La Mer as her own.

Did anyone else notice the back page of the mini mag says to go to the Bobbi Brown counter to complete the box with a foundation compact? Anyone know if it's a full size or sample size?

• Like 2

Isn't the Smashbox primer supposed to mattefy? I wore it to work and was still super shiny by lunchtime. Doesn't seem to go on as smoothly as the DDF serum/primer a few months ago.

The mud mask is nice. My three year old is high maintenance and has claimed the tiny La Mer as her own.

Did anyone else notice the back page of the mini mag says to go to the Bobbi Brown counter to complete the box with a foundation compact? Anyone know if it's a full size or sample size?

That is too stinkin' cute! :wub:

(and really, I'm guessing she's the right size given the tiny size ofit! :P )

Edited by artemiss
  • Like 1

I'm curious about the Bobbi brown item too, I would guess it's a sample size, too good to be true if it was full size.

I'm curious about the Bobbi brown item too, I would guess it's a sample size, too good to be true if it was full size.

I just realized I have to drive 80+ miles to get to Nordstrom's. I sent out an email asking about alternatives, do they not realize some folks subscribe to these things for this very reason? (they live nowhere near civilization and want to be sure the products they buy are things they want since returns are generally not possible once back home..)

• Like 1

I'm really intrigued about the Bobbi Brown item. Interesting. Can't wait to get my box.

My box arrived yesterday and aside from the sizes being a little smaller than I hoped, I'm really happy with it!  
I know there was a discussion earlier about the Le Mer being similar to the Nivea cream in the blue jar... has anyone tried both who can speak to the similarity?  I like the Le Mer a lot but it's a bit out of my med student budget :)

Sort of OT but this thread got me to thinking about when the next Beauty Thrills is due (apparently August).  Anyway, when I went to the site it appears that you can STILL buy the last box.  I didn't want to fully test it though because I didn't want to enter my CC # etc.    Would really be amazing if the box really was still up for sale at this point...shows it was not a big hit!

Sort of OT but this thread got me to thinking about when the next Beauty Thrills is due (apparently August).  Anyway, when I went to the site it appears that you can STILL buy the last box.  I didn't want to fully test it though because I didn't want to enter my CC # etc.    Would really be amazing if the box really was still up for sale at this point...shows it was not a big hit!

There is a separate thread for Allure Beauty Thrills discussion.

Here is an example of the most recent thread: Allure Beauty Thrills May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Edited by Bizgirlva

I really don't want to have to drive to Nordstrom, my closest would be either in Nashville or Atlanta.  And Nordstrom Rack does not have a beauty counter.  But if it is a sample size I will live without not getting it, but if it is full size, I might would make the trek to "HotLanta" or Nashville.

• Like 1

I'm going to Nordstrom today at lunch. I took the booklet with me from the box. I'll report back this afternoon on my findings.

• Like 5

I'm at Nordstrom. But the one guy working the BB counter is helping someone who's spending money (and taking forever) so I guess I don't get priority since I am just here for a free sample.

• Like 1

Ok here it is:

post-93138-0-78440600-1468875546_thumb.jpeg

They will want to color match you. It's sample size: .06 oz

It's normally $50 for the compact, the refills (cushion foundation) are $35.

Here's another pic of the actual sample and sponge applicator:post-93138-0-32682100-1468876322_thumb.jpeg

The sales guy applied mine with a brush which is way easier than using that tiny little sponge.

Edited by Bizgirlva
  • Like 4

I really don't want to have to drive to Nordstrom, my closest would be either in Nashville or Atlanta.  And Nordstrom Rack does not have a beauty counter.  But if it is a sample size I will live without not getting it, but if it is full size, I might would make the trek to "HotLanta" or Nashville.

Just give CS a call letting them know you don't have a Nordstrom's in your city, and they will offer you a replacement. I got another mask instead. :)

(But skip the email..I never got a reply to the one about the bronzer last month, nor the one I sent about this..but a quick phone call and I got two replacements with no hassle.)

I don;'t sub to this box, been perusing to maybe trial, but I can answer - yes the Smashbox goes matte, usually within 20 seconds. I got it in a trial at Birchbox and loved it so much, it's my go-to.  With a brush, after I apply all over, my skin looks fresh, clean and non-oily in definitely under 30 seconds.

The only time it doesn't work is if my face is super dirty so it has nothing to cling to, extra oily for that day (because it's too much for it to handle) or I apply when I'm wet/damp from sweat or shower.  It's a bit more of a gel than liquid makeup, so it has to be spread a bit more, but I've found it lasts until I take it off and "holds" my makeup in place like no other.

I hate to complain, but was anyone else disappointed in the size of the Glam Glow sample?  It looked like a good size (2-3 uses), but once I opened it up, there was barely enough for one full-face application.  The little tube seemed to be half empty; if it hadn't had the foil in place, I would have thought it had already been used!