Reija

Glossybox July 2016 **Spoilers**

That box had Tree Hut shaving oil instead of the Nuxe shimmer oil too. I would be disappointed if I received that variation. The Nuxe is the item from spoilers I'm most looking forward to.

If you get Tree Hut and I get Nuxe, I would trade :) I love Nuxe products but I doubt I would use a shimmer oil. I would definitely use a shaving oil though. 

I got the Tree Hut, and I dunno, while I think I may have liked the shimmer oil as a product more, this does smell amazingly coconut lime, which has been my goto for hair/body care fragrance this summer, though, so I am about to give a whirl.. :lol:

Love the lavender arnica sheet mask, the nail spray, the eyeko is a lovely neutral taupe color, the makeup remover great for travel and the spa water interesting and indulgent (nothing I'd buy, wonderfully luxurious for poolside glam B)

Overall, it felt like a good summer box to me, so I am happy. 

• Like 2

I really love this box! The Tree Hut shaving lotion smells wonderful and the size is great. The mask will be great to use and the eyeko is neutral enough that can go with any thing.  This is my favorite box from them in over a year.

• Like 2

I got my box! But uh um nail polish again?!?

post-93138-0-70584100-1468874182_thumb.jpeg

Not just any nail polish, black nail polish from sinful. Ugh

• Like 2

Oh and this was on the back of the card, a sneak peek for August.

post-93138-0-56968000-1468876626_thumb.jpeg

It's a mascara remover.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I saw that someone on facebook got a melted lipstick, and someone else got a vichy water.  They must be just throwing random leftover things as the 6th item in the box.  A black polish?  What a letdown!

• Like 1

Also, I did try that sinful polish from last month, and even with a good topcoat, it was chipping in 2 days.

I really need to read. My polish isn't black, it's clear. It's a top coat. It's just a black bottle.

I just opened it and was expecting a stream of black polish. But it's just plain old super shine top coat. All in all I can't complain I used my dots on this box so it was "free"

• Like 3

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I like it. I hope I get the same variations as you.

I am actually hoping I get 2 boxes, but I am not sure how that works. I have a year sub and called last month to use my glossydots on a July box. If I am correct, if you have a monthly sub, you just get that month's box free, but if you have a year prepaid sub you get a 2nd box. Has anyone else done this that can verify that? 

• Like 1

Got my box today. Got the same items as above but I got the Kylie Jenner nail polish in Kommando which says it's a "step one" whatever that means. It's an ugly pinky beige color.

• Like 1

I'm pretty upset.  The ads Glossybox put out for July said that this month's box would be worth $95+.  How much was my box worth?  $53.  That's a huge difference!  I checked their site and they've now change the ad to say it will be worth $60+ and my box isn't even worth that much!  I was really excited to get the Nuxe shimmer oil.  Of course, I didn't get that.  Did anyone get the Nuxe oil?  And was anyone's box worth $95+?

I'm pretty upset. The ads Glossybox put out for July said that this month's box would be worth $95+. How much was my box worth? $53. That's a huge difference! I checked their site and they've now change the ad to say it will be worth $60+ and my box isn't even worth that much! I was really excited to get the Nuxe shimmer oil. Of course, I didn't get that. Did anyone get the Nuxe oil? And was anyone's box worth $95+?

I did see on Instagram and some blog reviews that people did receive a Nuxe oil, but it doesn't look to be the shimmer one - rather it looks like the same one that went out in the 2015 holiday box. Between Instagram, forums, and blogs, I've seen a lot of variation in products and their subsequent value this month.

My box is due to arrive on Friday, which annoys me a little, since according to tracking it shipped out of PA on July 13. Really? 9 days to get from PA to CT? I'd make a joke about it being shipped via the Pony Express, except it probably would have been faster for an actual horse and rider to make that delivery run. I mean, c'mon!

Edited by Jay.Aitch.Gee
  • Like 1

I used the shaving oil last night & I love it!! I think it's my fav GB find to date. The smell reminds me of summer (coco - lime) & everything is silky smooth.

• Like 2

I saw on Reddit that they originally advertised everyone would receive a Nuxe Oil. I don't remember if that said it or not, but if so, that is messed up. I thought it was funny she said she wrote them and simply told them her oil was missing. I am over this box. I got excited for this box due to the spoilers but it looks like a lot of people aren't getting them so...

Edited by sakura33

Wow. Wow wow wow just wow. My Glossybox arrived today - a day earlier than scheduled, but that's where the good news ends. The box I received is, in my opinion, the shittiest variation I've seen yet for this month. My box was:

-Fango mask ($7)

-glov-on-the-go ($5)

-eyeko stick ($12)

-nail polish drying spray ($16)

-sinful colors "step 2 topcoat ($3)

-Sabon shower oil in delicate jasmine 1.7 oz (~$2.23)

Total value: $45.23

What a joke! Seriously, another Sinful Colors polish, which is a low-end polish even among drug store polishes?? And this hotel freebie-sized shower oil? How is this in any way a "variation" on the Nuxe oil, which costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $30, or even the Tree Hut shaving oil, which is at least full size. The full size of this Sabon shower oil (which is honestly more of a shower gel) is 17.59oz and sells for $23.

Not only that, but this stupid shower oil isn't even on the info card in my box. The 6th item on my card is something called "Glow for a Cause" solid perfume (pic below), so it looks like I got a variation on my variation.

Honestly, the only *good* thing about this box is I am on the Gilt City year subscription. If I had paid full price for this box o' disappointment, I would be livid.

post-117264-0-51759700-1469122901_thumb.jpegpost-117264-0-00952400-1469122933_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Yeah, there are a few items I''ve really loved, but not quite enough to justify the full price of the box.

I will point out that the $16 is cheap if you liked the Aqua Universalis perfume, though. I bought two of those last time just for that alone. Plus I do love the limited edition boxes for storage and gift giving. (although I picked up some really cute retro wrapping paper at the end of last xmas that looks adorbs on the top of the regular pink boxes, so I'm doing that this year, I think.)

Edited by artemiss

I got my box yesterday and it had the Nuxe Oil (not shimmer, which I'm actually really happy about since I have no use for shimmery oil), a Too Faced Melted Lipstick, the Fango Mask, Eyeko Crayon, Nail dry spray, and the Glov on the Go thing. I'm really super happy with it, but I also would have been thrilled with the Vichy/Tree Hut variation. (: Super excited for next month.

Wow. Wow wow wow just wow. My Glossybox arrived today - a day earlier than scheduled, but that's where the good news ends. The box I received is, in my opinion, the shittiest variation I've seen yet for this month. My box was:

-Fango mask ($7)

-glov-on-the-go ($5)

-eyeko stick ($12)

-nail polish drying spray ($16)

-sinful colors "step 2 topcoat ($3)

-Sabon shower oil in delicate jasmine 1.7 oz (~$2.23)

Total value: $45.23

What a joke! Seriously, another Sinful Colors polish, which is a low-end polish even among drug store polishes?? And this hotel freebie-sized shower oil? How is this in any way a "variation" on the Nuxe oil, which costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $30, or even the Tree Hut shaving oil, which is at least full size. The full size of this Sabon shower oil (which is honestly more of a shower gel) is 17.59oz and sells for $23.

Not only that, but this stupid shower oil isn't even on the info card in my box. The 6th item on my card is something called "Glow for a Cause" solid perfume (pic below), so it looks like I got a variation on my variation.

Honestly, the only *good* thing about this box is I am on the Gilt City year subscription. If I had paid full price for this box o' disappointment, I would be livid.

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I got the same box as you with the same card mentioning the solid perfume, which was not in my box. I got the same shower oil sample instead.  I am going to call them.

Can anyone tell me if the outer box had a white sticker sealing the lid?

I got a replacement box last month because someone tampered with the box and the mask was missing. I am wondering if Glossybox was the one who added the sticker to eliminate the possibility of tampering... 9Although this box also look someone opened it)

Edited by KDramasinPajamas

I just checked my box and mine has a clear circle sealing the outer carton. I don't believe I've ever had one with seal broken.

I got the Tree Hut oil, Leighton Denny Drying Spray, Sinful Top Coat, Eyeko Pencil, Fango mask, and Glov. But, in the box that the box sits inside, I also got a coupon card for $50 off my first two boxes at HelloFresh. Did anybody else get this?

I got the Tree Hut oil, Leighton Denny Drying Spray, Sinful Top Coat, Eyeko Pencil, Fango mask, and Glov. But, in the box that the box sits inside, I also got a coupon card for $50 off my first two boxes at HelloFresh. Did anybody else get this?

Yes, there was one in my box too. I used to subscribe to them.