funny story

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today as I was walking on the street with my friend ,a girl saw as and stopped us telling me that she liked the lipstick shade i was wearing and where did i buy it from.

I was so aurprised at the moment. Everything was okay.i told her it was by bornprettystore.com a 2dollar liquid lipstick.

It seemed she didnt care.

She opened her bag and put out a carboard type of white box and she had plenty of mac lipsticks in theur.

Oh then i said to myself "no!i will stay hours here listening to her,trying to persuade me to sell something"

She said that she was going to give us one mac eyeliner(black) each,for free,and then she told that if we wanted to buy sth else,we can give whatever we want as far as price.from 1€ as much as we want for example. She didnt say that exactly but she saud tgat we are going to give as much as we want to buy the 2nd priduct and by this we are helping her to catch a job to mac. She asked to help her be promoted as a unemployeed aesthitician who wants to find a job.

We didnt buy anything.

Especially because 1) i saw that those products were totally fakes/replicas....the black packaging that every original lipstick (mac) has,was not as well made. The plastic tube was very light. She told us to see and hold the products and swatch them if we want.

2) my friend didnt actually tell that were fake because she dont even wear makeup.

It was a traumatic experience.

im glad i had the knowledge from youtube videos to understand what is fake and be prepared for the worse.

Tell me if sth similar happens in the world.

I haven't come across the fake make-up scam yet, but I am sure they're around. 

The scams that are popular here in Canada is guys selling supposed'd "high-end" home stereo speakers from the back of a van in an alley for cheap, and the lone guy driving around trying to unload "luxury" label garments for cheap so his luggage can be under weight so he can make his flight. There are also fake charities scamming for donations after a natural disaster. 

Yeah, anyone trying to sell you stuff on the street is fake, even drugs.

Good for you on your vigilance. 

Good for me because i knew it was fake. Hail to the internet especially youtube !!

The girl was polite and nice but sorry i dont buy fake makeup on the street . ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that someone tried to sell us fake perfume at Walmart one time. We just kept walking. Then later we heard something about it. Actually now that I remember I think it was something they got people to smell and it made them pass out. Not sure, but glad we had kept walking.

Sometimes I feel offended when they try to sell me fake stuff.

But other times I am thinking theyre miserable bad people.

Latest posts

Back