Safe eye moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wear eye primer and eye shadow 5 days out of the week. The skin around my eyes and my actual eyelids have become soooo dry. Yet most moisturizers I find specifically say "keep away from eyes".

So how in the world can I moisturize my eyes?

Thanks!

There are eye creams made specifically for the eye area that are different from the regular moisturizers. The eye creams are usually in smaller tubes instead of jars if that helps to find them in a store.

There are eye creams made specifically for the eye area that are different from the regular moisturizers. The eye creams are usually in smaller tubes instead of jars if that helps to find them in a store.
all the ones I'm finding so far are "age defying" and "toning". I don't want to put those chemicals on my eyes. Is there an eye cream 100% for moisturizing and nothing else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use coconut oil for the area under eyes! Just rub some coconut oil and gently massage them under the eyes every night before you sleep. You will see the difference within a few days!

Is your eye area different from the rest of your skin? You can then use the same moisturizer for your face for your eyes. That is what eye creams are... moisturizer and actually many have the SAME ingredients as your moisturizer but they give you less and charge you double. You can either use two different moisturizers. One for the type of skin on your face. One for your eyes specifically. Or if it says don't get in your eyes, you could be careful and not rub your eyes. That doesn't mean it is not for under your eyes.

I wear eye primer and eye shadow 5 days out of the week. The skin around my eyes and my actual eyelids have become soooo dry. Yet most moisturizers I find specifically say "keep away from eyes".

So how in the world can I moisturize my eyes?

Thanks!
Mine doesn't - I use Monsia Skincare, from cleanser to toner to day moisturizer and at night the night repair cream. I keep my eyes closed when I apply cream around my eyes. As an additional moisturizer around my neck, forehead & around my eyes I also use vit E oil, this locks in the moisture and my skin still feels smooth and moist in the mornings. I only add vit E oil to my routine in the winter. Hope this helps.

Coconut oil or Ora's Amazing Herbal face oil serum. It's all natural so it won't hurt to put on your eyelids.  Whatever you do use just remember a little goes a lonnng way so you don't need much!

Yet there is another alternative for safe eye moisturizer i.e. virgin olive oil. Yes, it act as a narural ingredient that penetrates deep and seals in the moisture. 

Well, the same was the story of me. I had tried an infinite number of moisturizers, but none came in my favor. When I started searching products online, I came across Solvaderm Brand which has all the range of the goods related to Skin Care. I would request you to go through the same and hope you can get your answer after that.

[SIZE=12pt]Eye comfort depends largely upon sufficient moisture in the eye. In addition to the comfort of eyes not being dry and itchy, moisture on the surface of the eye protects it. Following are some tips to moisturize eyes in a better way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Supplement with research-proven nutrients and eyedrops that have been found to be helpful to manage dry eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Make sure to eat lots of green leafy vegetables.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Avoid sugar and/or artificial sweeteners: Consumption of more than 11 teaspoons of sugar a day has been linked to dry eye syndrome (a single can of soda contains approximately 9 teaspoons of sugar). Sugar is hidden throughout processed and refined foods including cereals, ketchup, and salad dressings.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Avoid the toxic fats in commercial red meat, dairy products, fried foods, and man-made fats. These fats interfere with the proper metabolism of essential fatty acids in the body and are indirect causes of dry eye syndrome[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.[/SIZE]

You can use Yu-Be's Moisturizing Skin Cream for your whole face, including eyes. I use it and it really works, and I've specifically gotten dry patches on my eyelids that it's taken care of. I can't see spending money on two different products if you don't have to.

Latest posts

Back