Hair care tips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My hair has split ends and they are very fragile. I used to trim my hair when there are split ends. Since I have long hair, I find it difficult to trim. Can anyone recommend some good hair care tips? I'm just fed up of trimming. 

Using a hair mask can help deep condition the ends. Also using a priming product on the ends before blow drying or curling etc can also help to protect the ends. You can also do oil heat treatments where you warm up the oil first and then you put it on the ends and wrap the hair in a towel and let it soak in for a while.

Using a hair mask can help deep condition the ends. Also using a priming product on the ends before blow drying or curling etc can also help to protect the ends. You can also do oil heat treatments where you warm up the oil first and then you put it on the ends and wrap the hair in a towel and let it soak in for a while.
Got to cut all the split ends first but everything Reija has mentioned above is what I do even though my hair is not damaged anymore. I still use Pro-Naturals shampoo (sulphate free), conditioner, hair mask & argan oil leave in treatment (this also works as a good heat protectant). I use the hair mask once a week and the argan oil after each shampoo.

Hi Natalie220!

From today, start using hair oils like in combination for instance almond, mustard, coconut, olive, nigella. Massage your hair with the mixture of these oils before washing your hair. Secondly, in addition to the use of oils make use of high quality chemical free shampoos and conditioners.  

The best tip  is to apply henna (not the one with chemicals! a home made one preferably)
Its cooling effects prevent splitting of ends, keep ur hair silky and shiny ,it has anti dandruff properties And it is a natural hair dye too. Apply the henna for approximately 2 hours once a week and you will see the magic happening!!

It's always annoying when your hair keeps on splitting at the ends. 

What I would do is wash your hair less often with a sulfate free shampoo, incorporate a hair mask into your routine, and try to use less heat on your hair. 

My holy grail hair product is coconut oil ! I have tried many masks, cheap/high end, but nothing worked as well as coconut oil. 

Hello Girls!! Want to straighten my hair naturally. But how.? Need some advice or online article. Anyone can help me? 

Try using some protein hair care masks, but be careful , don't use it too often! Try using driers and streighteners less and eat more vitamin D.

For a protein packed conditioner, mix eggs and yogurt and rub it into your scalp. Leave on for five or 10 minutes, and then wash it off completely. After the final rinse of shampoo, apply 1 tsbp lemon juice to your hair. Simply towel dry your hair and style as normal to get rid of dry hair.

Hi, Natalie220.

Perhaps your hair might be a little dry. You can try a product by Nick Chavez called Velvet Mesquite Serum. It helps to make the hair smooth and soft.

VM_Serum_Web__07520.1434522624.500.659.png

This is what the 2 oz. bottle looks like.

4oz_VM_Serum_Supersize__09489.1449773131.500.659.jpg

And this is the bigger 4 oz. bottle.

Nick also makes a hair mask.

vm_masque__93855.1486672207.500.659.png

Latest posts

Back