Birchbox August 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to this info from the app, box customization starts on 7/19, which is this coming Tuesday. It says we can choose samples that day, but unless they're changing how they do things (which is possible), I think they mean sample choice will be revealed that day? Usually we choose about a week after the options are revealed, right? Who knows now though. image.png

According to this info from the app, box customization starts on 7/19, which is this coming Tuesday. It says we can choose samples that day, but unless they're changing how they do things (which is possible), I think they mean sample choice will be revealed that day? Usually we choose about a week after the options are revealed, right? Who knows now though.
image.png
That does seem awfully early. But who knows?

The box customization page is loaded, nothing there yet content wise, I guess we'll see if it's up tomorrow. Or we could try a message on FB and see if they respond.

So are they no longer doing the add-ons that actually ARE discounted if you do the add on and instead just listing a bunch of regular priced stuff from their website?

TBH I haven't really noticed add ons lately that were truly discounted. A lot had a "sale" price from the "value"- but if you went to the product page, it was the same sale price. I think they are pushing it for the free shipping aspect- but if you are an Ace that is not meaningful

TBH I haven't really noticed add ons lately that were truly discounted. A lot had a "sale" price from the "value"- but if you went to the product page, it was the same sale price. I think they are pushing it for the free shipping aspect- but if you are an Ace that is not meaningful
Didn't they just have the keds shoes on one of the Add on options only a few months ago? Those were half off the price on the Birchbox site, if I remember correctly. So now it looks like offering those type of add ons have gone by the wayside too even though I don't think I've ever done one (wanted to once but already sold out). Boy BB really is taking away all the perks!

The video is up on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYx6loigiis

It's all hair care items for sample choice.

• Beauty Protector Oil
  • R&C Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste
  • Oribe Wave & Shine Spray

Featured box: Endless Summer Box

• Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow
  • Acure Coconut & Argan Oil Cleansing wipes
  • Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil
  • Stila stay all day liquid lip in Patina (dusty rose)
  • Hum Nutrition Raw Beauty Superfood powder - hmm ok?
  • Beauty Protector protect and detangle
I'm going for the dry shampoo paste. What are you gals thinking??

Last edited by a moderator:
alright.... I am actually pretty excited about the dry shampoo paste and the featured box. Darn you, birchbox sucking me right back in. Although I do think this will be my last month with 2 boxes. 

alright.... I am actually pretty excited about the dry shampoo paste and the featured box. Darn you, birchbox sucking me right back in. Although I do think this will be my last month with 2 boxes. 
Me too.

I'd love the Stila lip and the wipes from the featured box but not enough to go back to two boxes/month. I think I can trade for them.

Hmm. Of the sample choices I guess I wouldn't mind trying the oribe, but I'm not sure exactly what it does from her description.

I'll probably go with the curated box though. I can probably use everything and there's no perfume. My last few non-curated boxes have been awful so I'm not sure I want to risk another disappointment this month.

I wasn't sure if I'd cancel or not this month.  But I'm picking the curated box - I'll use everything except the Marcelle BB cream.  I've been wanting to try the LP oil too.   

I'm picking the R&Co Paste and hoping the other hair item in my box isn't awful. I liked the curated box, but not enough to get all those dupes, so I cancelled my second sub. Depending on how my non curated box goes I may or may not cancel that one as well, since I think the sample choices have been really lackluster recently and there are other boxes I'd rather try. 

Curated box is pretty nice actually, I think I will pick that one. Also want to try the Oribe spray, but there is no way I'm going back to two boxes especially with no points.

I was thinking of getting the curated just because the Stila is so pretty, but that box has so many dupes and things I like but don't love.  Then I saw on Redit there is a $20 Stila matte love kit.  It has patina, two other shades and a cute clutch.  Maybe I will just grab that kit and chose the dry shampoo.  

Latest posts

Back