Do you feel beautiful with makeup on AND without it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I've been thinking today about why I have to coat my face in a layer of smudge to feel pretty? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE makeup! But do I need it to feel good about myself?

My answer is yes, yes I do. A few years ago I never wore makeup and felt fine. But now that I wear it, I feel like I can't leave the house without it. It makes me feel better about myself.

But what is so wrong with just me, bare-faced without makeup? Nothing, absolutely nothing! The same goes for you all!

I guess my point is we should all be happy with who we are. I'm sure we all love makeup, but we should be proud of ourselves with or without it.

I love, collect and use it but, in the last year there have been more no makeup days than makeup ones. I go to work with no makeup quite often and when I do wear it, my students notice (girls mostly)  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I mean, I do feel more put together and "prettier" with makeup on but, "bags under eyes and visible pores" days don't bother me at all. Also, 99% of the people we meet won't scan our face the way we think they would (except teen students  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ). So yes, I agree with you, it all washes off in the end. 

Honestly, I loooove makeup so much. I mean, I made a career out of it. I love talking about it and showing people the difference it can make. I read articles and reviews nonstop in my spare time. But the #1 thing I have learned from it all is that we need to take care of our skin. Since I became a makeup artist, I have gone above and beyond with my skin care and learned so much about the difference it can make, not only with how my makeup looks on healthy, glowing skin, but how gorgeous I still feel when I'm not wearing any makeup at all. Since I started really taking care of my skin, I love the way my face looks without makeup. Even skin tone, less redness, less dryness, and no blemishes make for a very confident makeup-free me!

P.S. I end up talking to clients way more about their skin care than about their makeup. After all, the paint is only going to look good if you're starting with a pristine, clear canvas. Beautiful makeup begins with healthy skin!

Honestly, I loooove makeup so much. I mean, I made a career out of it. I love talking about it and showing people the difference it can make. I read articles and reviews nonstop in my spare time. But the #1 thing I have learned from it all is that we need to take care of our skin. Since I became a makeup artist, I have gone above and beyond with my skin care and learned so much about the difference it can make, not only with how my makeup looks on healthy, glowing skin, but how gorgeous I still feel when I'm not wearing any makeup at all. Since I started really taking care of my skin, I love the way my face looks without makeup. Even skin tone, less redness, less dryness, and no blemishes make for a very confident makeup-free me!

P.S. I end up talking to clients way more about their skin care than about their makeup. After all, the paint is only going to look good if you're starting with a pristine, clear canvas. Beautiful makeup begins with healthy skin!
So...since skincare is so important for you..im wondering if you want to share some information about what products to choose for

Combo to oily.sensitive.and acne prone.

All together.

;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My name is lawrence cris joy and my answer is , I think i feel more even beautiful without make-up! 

Definitely makeup can enhance but it is not what makes you beautiful. I think I look younger without makeup. I love makeup. Own a ton. I guess if I feel beautiful I feel with or without makeup depends on how well my skin looks. On good days, it looks glowy and fresh and that is WITHOUT makeup. Then with makeup, I can feel pulled together and pretty bc I'm wearing a favored makeup looks. I guess I can feel pretty with or without makeup or I can feel less than pretty with or without makeup.

I feel better without my makeup on, becouse I feel fresh .. On the other hand, there are times when I need to put some makeup on, to feel pretier.. 

Latest posts

Back