Glossybox August **spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope it is ok that I start this thread. It seems early, but there is already a spoiler out! http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/07/glossybox-august-2016-spoiler-coupon.html?source=notification_email   
e25fe232a3fbbdd0a464924b018b03c6-1.jpg

Thanks so much for starting the topic @ and posting the spoiler!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
The application of this product seems kinda silly and messy.

I usually use take the day off by clinique and just rub it around my eyes and lashes until the mascara dissolves, then follow up with cleanser.

I'm curious if they are actually sending this to everyone or if this will go the the same way the Nuxe shimmer spray did in July boxes.   

Agreed. The Nuxe isn't even a better product IMHO, I think it smells like canola oil and cheap jasmine perfume and isn't as useful as the shave oil since I don't always want that much sparkle, but the value difference coupled with the teaser indicating that would be what was in everyone's box kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

And then there are the folks (such as myself) who received neither the Nuxe oil nor the full size shave oil, but a 1.7 oz sample of shower gel "oil" worth pocket change ($2.31, by the most generous estimate).

I don't have a problem with variations per se, as long as the values are comparable. This month the value disparity was upwards of $50. Not cool, GB, not cool at all.

And then there are the folks (such as myself) who received neither the Nuxe oil nor the full size shave oil, but a 1.7 oz sample of shower gel "oil" worth pocket change ($2.31, by the most generous estimate).

I don't have a problem with variations per se, as long as the values are comparable. This month the value disparity was upwards of $50. Not cool, GB, not cool at all.
Ugh that's awful, I'm sorry.

According to MSA, every box should have this item, not full size either, deluxe size!!!!  Looks like a possible trip to the eye foundation to me!!!lol!!!  I am so lazy at times, I just use make up wipes and pray for the best depending on what time I get home from work!  I just resigned up with a 3 month special and 2 free past boxes!  I doubt I will get the NUXE, I was under the impression that everyone that item but does not seem to be the norm!

Oh yeah, that would have ticked me off, too. At least the other two were sorta comparable in use, that crappy shower gel is just meh, it isn't even the Rituals stuff which is nice. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh yeah, that would have ticked me off, too. At least the other two were sorta comparable in use, that crappy shower gel is just meh, it isn't even the Rituals stuff which is nice. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glossybox has released a second spoiler: Trifle Cosmetics Lip Parfait Buttery Lip Cream

http://experience.glossybox.com/us-2016-august-sneak-peek/

The TooFaced mascara remover is allegedly "in every box," but they said that about the Nuxe oil last month, and we all know how that went down....

There's no similar promise made re: the lipstick, but I would be happy to receive one for the packaging alone - I mean, seriously, that's a PUG on one of them!

But based on my experiences with Grouchybox (oops, er, Glossybox) the last couple months, my box variation will probably consist of 3 Sinful Colors polishes, self tanner, and a dead spider.

A dead spider might be an improvement over a $2 shower gel. At least you could use it for Halloween decor and given their shipping schedule lately it would have arrived in time for the holiday.

There's (finally!) what looks to be an August full box post on Instagram:

Looks like:

-TooFaced mascara melt off

-trifle cosmetics lippie

-Fango body polish

-Wella hair oil

-some type of after sun lotion

-invisibobble hair ties

I would be decently happy to get this box - there are at least 3 things I would definitely have immediate use for (lippie, body polish, and hair ties), and the hair oil and after sun would get used eventually. The only item I'm iffy about is the mascara remover (which is of course the one "guaranteed" item). I have pretty sensitive/allergic eyes, and I've read a couple reviews that this stings or otherwise doesn't work so well for sensitive eyes.

I will say that those are my favorite hair bands. They really don't leave ponytail indentations, even if used on damp hair - and I have fine, textureless, stick straight hair that typically dents like nobody's business.

There's (finally!) what looks to be an August full box post on Instagram:

Looks like:

-TooFaced mascara melt off

-trifle cosmetics lippie

-Fango body polish

-Wella hair oil

-some type of after sun lotion

-invisibobble hair ties

I would be decently happy to get this box - there are at least 3 things I would definitely have immediate use for (lippie, body polish, and hair ties), and the hair oil and after sun would get used eventually. The only item I'm iffy about is the mascara remover (which is of course the one "guaranteed" item). I have pretty sensitive/allergic eyes, and I've read a couple reviews that this stings or otherwise doesn't work so well for sensitive eyes.

I will say that those are my favorite hair bands. They really don't leave ponytail indentations, even if used on damp hair - and I have fine, textureless, stick straight hair that typically dents like nobody's business.
I've always wanted to try these hair ties! I'm hoping this is the US box. I have basically the complete opposite of your hair (thick, coarse, curly) and get obscene ponytail bumps and headaches from having to wear them so tight so hopefully they'll work on my hair as well. I'd honestly love this box completely. 

Looks like a good box. I just cancelled because I have too many products and need to cut back. My never ending quest to cut back and it doesn't seem to work in the long run but I keep trying. The pull back to sub boxes is just too strong and I always seem to come back. lol

Sorry for the spamming comments, but MSA's is also up! 

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/08/glossybox-subscription-box-review-coupon-august-2016.html

The only variation I'm seeing is instead of the Borghese body polish, it's a Borghese face mask. 

Edit: I finally scrolled down the MSA review and there's a new magazine thing for us and it seems to show all the variations you could be receiving. 
I like it. I am looking forward to getting my box. My only complaint is the lipstick color. I am glad it is not another red, but I already got a couple of similar shades (i think from allure?). I personally prefer more fun colors like fuchsia, plum, or rose.

I love know what the variations might be. I wonder if that will be the only variations this month, or if it is just a variation from boxes that get borghese? 

Can anyone read what the sneak peak for September is?

MSA box is valued at $57...looks like this month may be similar to last month. Last month they said boxes would be atleast $60...and we know what happened. This month they said boxes would be $70+...

Latest posts

Back