Haley Hayes

Glossybox August **spoilers**

Thanks so much for starting the topic @ and posting the spoiler!! 

The application of this product seems kinda silly and messy.

I usually use take the day off by clinique and just rub it around my eyes and lashes until the mascara dissolves, then follow up with cleanser.

I'm curious if they are actually sending this to everyone or if this will go the the same way the Nuxe shimmer spray did in July boxes.   

• Like 2

Agreed. The Nuxe isn't even a better product IMHO, I think it smells like canola oil and cheap jasmine perfume and isn't as useful as the shave oil since I don't always want that much sparkle, but the value difference coupled with the teaser indicating that would be what was in everyone's box kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

And then there are the folks (such as myself) who received neither the Nuxe oil nor the full size shave oil, but a 1.7 oz sample of shower gel "oil" worth pocket change ($2.31, by the most generous estimate).

I don't have a problem with variations per se, as long as the values are comparable. This month the value disparity was upwards of $50. Not cool, GB, not cool at all.

• Like 2

And then there are the folks (such as myself) who received neither the Nuxe oil nor the full size shave oil, but a 1.7 oz sample of shower gel "oil" worth pocket change ($2.31, by the most generous estimate).

I don't have a problem with variations per se, as long as the values are comparable. This month the value disparity was upwards of $50. Not cool, GB, not cool at all.

Ugh that's awful, I'm sorry.
  • Like 1

According to MSA, every box should have this item, not full size either, deluxe size!!!!  Looks like a possible trip to the eye foundation to me!!!lol!!!  I am so lazy at times, I just use make up wipes and pray for the best depending on what time I get home from work!  I just resigned up with a 3 month special and 2 free past boxes!  I doubt I will get the NUXE, I was under the impression that everyone that item but does not seem to be the norm!

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that would have ticked me off, too. At least the other two were sorta comparable in use, that crappy shower gel is just meh, it isn't even the Rituals stuff which is nice. :(

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that would have ticked me off, too. At least the other two were sorta comparable in use, that crappy shower gel is just meh, it isn't even the Rituals stuff which is nice. :(

Glossybox has released a second spoiler: Trifle Cosmetics Lip Parfait Buttery Lip Cream

http://experience.glossybox.com/us-2016-august-sneak-peek/

The TooFaced mascara remover is allegedly "in every box," but they said that about the Nuxe oil last month, and we all know how that went down....

There's no similar promise made re: the lipstick, but I would be happy to receive one for the packaging alone - I mean, seriously, that's a PUG on one of them!

But based on my experiences with Grouchybox (oops, er, Glossybox) the last couple months, my box variation will probably consist of 3 Sinful Colors polishes, self tanner, and a dead spider.

• Like 7

But based on my experiences with Grouchybox (oops, er, Glossybox) the last couple months, my box variation will probably consist of 3 Sinful Colors polishes, self tanner, and a dead spider.

You never fail to crack me up!!!  *LOL* Oh, and I am excited to try the lipstick, too!

• Like 3

A dead spider might be an improvement over a $2 shower gel. At least you could use it for Halloween decor and given their shipping schedule lately it would have arrived in time for the holiday.

Edited by Bizgirlva
  • Like 3

There's (finally!) what looks to be an August full box post on Instagram:

Looks like:

-TooFaced mascara melt off

-trifle cosmetics lippie

-Fango body polish

-Wella hair oil

-some type of after sun lotion

-invisibobble hair ties

I would be decently happy to get this box - there are at least 3 things I would definitely have immediate use for (lippie, body polish, and hair ties), and the hair oil and after sun would get used eventually. The only item I'm iffy about is the mascara remover (which is of course the one "guaranteed" item). I have pretty sensitive/allergic eyes, and I've read a couple reviews that this stings or otherwise doesn't work so well for sensitive eyes.

I will say that those are my favorite hair bands. They really don't leave ponytail indentations, even if used on damp hair - and I have fine, textureless, stick straight hair that typically dents like nobody's business.

• Like 1

There's (finally!) what looks to be an August full box post on Instagram:

Looks like:

-TooFaced mascara melt off

-trifle cosmetics lippie

-Fango body polish

-Wella hair oil

-some type of after sun lotion

-invisibobble hair ties

I would be decently happy to get this box - there are at least 3 things I would definitely have immediate use for (lippie, body polish, and hair ties), and the hair oil and after sun would get used eventually. The only item I'm iffy about is the mascara remover (which is of course the one "guaranteed" item). I have pretty sensitive/allergic eyes, and I've read a couple reviews that this stings or otherwise doesn't work so well for sensitive eyes.

I will say that those are my favorite hair bands. They really don't leave ponytail indentations, even if used on damp hair - and I have fine, textureless, stick straight hair that typically dents like nobody's business.

I've always wanted to try these hair ties! I'm hoping this is the US box. I have basically the complete opposite of your hair (thick, coarse, curly) and get obscene ponytail bumps and headaches from having to wear them so tight so hopefully they'll work on my hair as well. I'd honestly love this box completely. 

• Like 2

Sorry for the spamming comments, but MSA's is also up! 

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/08/glossybox-subscription-box-review-coupon-august-2016.html

The only variation I'm seeing is instead of the Borghese body polish, it's a Borghese face mask. 

Edit: I finally scrolled down the MSA review and there's a new magazine thing for us and it seems to show all the variations you could be receiving. 

Edited by KrissyMichelle
  • Like 1

Looks like a good box. I just cancelled because I have too many products and need to cut back. My never ending quest to cut back and it doesn't seem to work in the long run but I keep trying. The pull back to sub boxes is just too strong and I always seem to come back. lol

• Like 2

Sorry for the spamming comments, but MSA's is also up! 

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/08/glossybox-subscription-box-review-coupon-august-2016.html

The only variation I'm seeing is instead of the Borghese body polish, it's a Borghese face mask. 

Edit: I finally scrolled down the MSA review and there's a new magazine thing for us and it seems to show all the variations you could be receiving. 

I like it. I am looking forward to getting my box. My only complaint is the lipstick color. I am glad it is not another red, but I already got a couple of similar shades (i think from allure?). I personally prefer more fun colors like fuchsia, plum, or rose.

I love know what the variations might be. I wonder if that will be the only variations this month, or if it is just a variation from boxes that get borghese? 

Can anyone read what the sneak peak for September is?

• Like 1

MSA box is valued at $57...looks like this month may be similar to last month. Last month they said boxes would be atleast $60...and we know what happened. This month they said boxes would be $70+...

I like it. I am looking forward to getting my box. My only complaint is the lipstick color. I am glad it is not another red, but I already got a couple of similar shades (i think from allure?). I personally prefer more fun colors like fuchsia, plum, or rose.

I love know what the variations might be. I wonder if that will be the only variations this month, or if it is just a variation from boxes that get borghese? 

Can anyone read what the sneak peak for September is?

Someone asked about the sneak peek in a comment and Liz commented: Here is the text from the Sneak Peek: As September quickly approaches, the world turns its eyes to the fashion and beauty scene. GLOSSYBOX has collaborated with an extremely talented illustrator to bring you a keepsake, specially-designed box replete with products for you to set the stage, walk to the runway or simply vogue.

• Like 2

Jay.   Please please let us know what your box is this month.  I just got my July box and I just cannot tell you what was in it.  I will post my august box.

Someone asked about the sneak peek in a comment and Liz commented: Here is the text from the Sneak Peek: As September quickly approaches, the world turns its eyes to the fashion and beauty scene. GLOSSYBOX has collaborated with an extremely talented illustrator to bring you a keepsake, specially-designed box replete with products for you to set the stage, walk to the runway or simply vogue.

Oh... more jenner  nail polish?  waiting with baited breath.

I ran out for lunch today and when I got back to my desk my box had been delivered. I got the tracking email about an hour ago.

post-93138-0-85421600-1471028819_thumb.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of hair oil the but the Wella one smells nice.

The After sun lotions smells awesome, if you like coconuts you'll love it. I'm just going to use it at regular lotion instead of after sun lotion I love the smell that much. It's a little thin for regular body lotion though.

I'm not too sure about this Too Face melt off mascara dissolver, but I'll try it tonight when I remove my makeup. I just rubbed some of it on my hand and it makes my skin feel nice. We'll see.

I already have a set of invisibobbles from Allure, but mine were black or navy. I like the pink ones too. These are nice and small so they can go right in your purse or even around your shifter in your car. I don't have a lot of hair, it's pretty thin so smaller hair holders are perfect for me, I don't feel like I have to wrap it around my hair a bazillion times for it to feel secure.

I got the "guilty pug" lipstick. The shade is just ok on me, neutral enough. The packaging is too cute. They're cruelty free too. Looks like you'll get one of two shades either guilty pug or exotic fruit.

I got Borghese body polish, I like the smell, very spa like. Looks like you'll get either the polish or one of the various body muds.

And yep September promises a "keepsake specially designed box"

All in all I like this box way better than the last couple and they seem to have stepped it up this month and started to ship earlier.

• Like 3