Ipsy August 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

tarte lipSurgence
Benefit Gimme Brow
OFRA Cosmetics Eyeshadow 
NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator
ipsy-august-2016-spoilers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I would like either the NYX or the gimme brow.  I am funny about lipsticks, I don't use black eyeliner and I am on eyeshadow overload!!! 

I'd love to try the Tarte mascara - I keep picking it up when I go to Sephora/Ulta and then putting it back down.  I'm tired of every box sending out the new Benefit brow products, because the shades never work on me. Didn't ipsy do the Lipsurgence a while back?  All the boxes blend together...

I'd be happy with anything but the Lipsurgene. I have a Nyx Illuminator and like it a lot and wouldn't mind more. I like single shadow pans. I can always use eyeliner or mascara. And I'd like to try the Benefit brow products. 

I'm not really sure what I want out of these. Maybe the Nyx honestly. I think I've tried the mascara and brow product and I didn't like either. The lip product is fine but I got it in a past bag.

I'd love the Gimme Brow or either Tarte product, but these kind of spoilers from Ipsy always make me nervous. It's like 95% of us are going to get the black liner and a handful of lucky people on IG will get the other products.

Hoping for the brow product the most. My second choice would be the NYX illuminator. I hope I don't get the Ofra shadow because I've gotten a bunch of individual shadows from that brand over the past few months, and last month Boxycharm sent me six of their shadows along with a magnetic palette. I'm 99% sure that the shadow in that picture is one I already have.

I kinda like the bags, goes with a princess theme pretty good.  Hoping for no eyeliners this month.  Do they still do a bag reveal and what is inside? 

Eyeliners are my favorite thing to get from ipsy! Except the cheap pencil non-waterproof kinds. A few months ago I got an illamasqua liquid eyeliner I am completely in love with. I wanted to get another one for when mine dries out or I end up using it all. Cant find them for less than $25 on ebay for the same one that Ipsy gave me in the bag. 

BRING ON THE EYELINERS!! I swear to god if they give me that awful Tarte lip butter I will be so upset. I still have the same one from earlier this year and I dont know who's skintone that color of lipstick will ever go with. Im starting to build a collection of bright red or odd colored lip products that I would never use.

I love red lipsticks, I can't wear nudes or browns.  I like the illamasqua  liquid liner because I only wear on the lid, other than that I don't like eyeliners very well.  Lip butters never seem to run out!!! 

MSA has a clear breakdown of the spoilers so far, and my ideal bag would include:

• Trust Fund Beauty Liquid Lipstick in K, Bye
  • Benefit Cosmetics NEW gimme brow volumizing eyebrow gel
  • Symphony Beauty Makeup Cleansing Wipes
  • Lord & Berry Maxi Matte Crayon Lipstick
  • A blush

I kinda like the bags, goes with a princess theme pretty good.  Hoping for no eyeliners this month.  Do they still do a bag reveal and what is inside? 
The reveals are supposed to all go up at the same time about midway through the month now. 

Eyeliners are my favorite thing to get from ipsy! Except the cheap pencil non-waterproof kinds. A few months ago I got an illamasqua liquid eyeliner I am completely in love with. I wanted to get another one for when mine dries out or I end up using it all. Cant find them for less than $25 on ebay for the same one that Ipsy gave me in the bag. 

BRING ON THE EYELINERS!! I swear to god if they give me that awful Tarte lip butter I will be so upset. I still have the same one from earlier this year and I dont know who's skintone that color of lipstick will ever go with. Im starting to build a collection of bright red or odd colored lip products that I would never use.
They did an Ipsy offer a while back where you got one of the older bags (December 2014 I think but I didn't receive that months bag and it won't show me past bags I hadn't received on the site). Inside the bag was Smashbox mascara, Bye-Bye Under Eye, Pixie shadow duo, something I can't remember, and a Ilamasqua liner. I bought it solely for the liner because I received it one month and loved it!

My ideal bag would include:

The Nomad Shadow in Spice Market - I received another shade of this brand two(?) months back and it's SUPER pretty. I depotted it and it's magnetic and sits in one of my custom palettes.

Gimme Brow - Simply because I'm interested in testing a tinted brow gel. I tend to stick to pomades.

Honestly, I'm okay with just about anything else coming in my bag. Those are the only two items I'm really hoping for but everything else I'd be happy with as well as long as I got those two in there. Also, I like both bags a lot. 

I love red lipsticks, I can't wear nudes or browns.  I like the illamasqua  liquid liner because I only wear on the lid, other than that I don't like eyeliners very well.  Lip butters never seem to run out!!! 
Im just the opposite I love toned down and neutral lipsticks. And I agree lip butters never seem to run out lol I got a neutrogena lip butter from a Walmart beauty box that I used religiously everyday and one day I left it in my hot car (big mistake!) So I sorta just left it there for about 2 weeks baking in the hot sun everyday. I was upset everytime I looked at it sitting on the dash of my car lol So I stashed it in my purse and I was going to throw it away inside my work later. Turns out the lip butter was fine, I just sorta shoved the product back in the tube with a spoon and Im still using it everyday a month later lol

I also had left a pencil eyeliner in my car as well but theres no way Im shoving eyeliner back into a pencil lmao

Rest in Peace to all of the makeup being ruined in peoples cars this summer

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back