Alix26

Ipsy August 2016 Spoilers

My bag actually turned out pretty good this month!  Happy dance!

-it hair care 12 in one

-Ofra Highlighter

-The Organic Pharmacy Rose Facial Cleansing Gel

-Nomad Cosmetics Spice Market

-Ciate London Paint Pot

Overall I'm happy with my bag, I'm getting:

Jersey Shore Cosmetics Mongongo Lip Conditioner in Vanilla Coconut Crème

Tarte Cosmetcis deluxe LipSurgence lip crème in Wonder

Symphony Beauty Makeup Cleansing wipes

Clate London Paint Pot ( In Dangerous Affair or Spinning Teacups)

Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Neapolitan Palette 

If I get the nail polish in Spinning Teacups I will look to trade, that color will just not work for me!

Worst bag ever.  :angry:

Pacifica Lotus Infused Bronzer in Sunkissed - UGH I DON'T USE BRONZERS STOP SENDING THEM TO ME!

Winky Lux Diamond Complexion Powder - This is the only item that's not terrible, but I'm not excited about it either.

Organic Surge Perfecting Face Polish - Don't need this.

IT Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Mini Gel Eyeliner - I don't really like black eyeliners. Much prefer brown ones. 

Ciate London Paint Pot - I already got one of these back in February and I don't need another.

My bag:

Japonesque blush- I have so much blush and tend to wear gels or creams, will trade

Tarte lipsurgence in Wonder- I love these crayons and buy them regularly! I haven't tried this shade before. This one is a win for me :)

IT haircare leave in treatment- I need a product like this, hope it works well.

In transit camera close up- sounds interesting. I'll definitely try it.

Beauty For Real black eyeliner- I knew there was no escaping black eyeliner with so many in the spoilers:(

This bag is 3/5 at best for me. I didn't get anything I was hoping for from the spoilers.

Winky Lux Powder- It has a cute container and I was looking for a new face powder

Pacifica Bronzer- also cute container- features a unicorn

Ciate- I like getting these tiny nail polishes

Tarte Mascara- wanted this from the spoiler

It 12 in one hair stuff- this is the only thing I don't think I will like

Ciate London Paint Pot in Dangerous Affair (oxblood burnt burgundy) or Spinning Teacups (lavender) - Hoping to get the shade Spinning Teacups as I have too many dark reds already in my collection

Okay, but I LOVE that name, Oxblood Burnt Burgundy. I'd want that one just for the name. "What color is on your nails??!" "Oxblood". 

• Like 1

Okay, but I LOVE that name, Oxblood Burnt Burgundy. I'd want that one just for the name. "What color is on your nails??!" "Oxblood". 

Haha yeah it reminded me of a nail polish by the brand RGB in the actual shade name Oxblood I got from an Allure Beauty Box awhile back, here is a link if you want to read up on it or whatnot http://www.allure.com/review/rgb-nail-polish-oxblood-review

Overall, I'm happy with my bag this month.  I'm getting:

1. IT Cosmetics Mini Eyeliner - I already have this in the full size, but I do like it.  I really wanted the Tarte mascara, but oh, well.

2. Ciate Paint Pot - excited!

3. Diamond Face Powder - excited to try

4. K Beauty masks (set of 2) - excited to try

5.  Marc Anthony argan oil hair treatment - meh, too many silicones for my taste and I'm drowning in hair masks right now

The bag designs this month are really cute, too!

I'm getting:

ThisWorks (moisturizer that does 27 other things)

Winky Lux Complexion Powder

Peter Lamas Supreme Radiance Complexion Booster

IT-Cosmetics gel liner (snooze)

Beau Gachis sponge

This bag is just ok for me. It’s not super exciting, but everything will get used eventually, except maybe the radiance complexion booster. I like that it has retinol, but it looks really dark on ipsy’s page....

I am getting:

Trust Fund Beauty
Liquid Lipstick in K, Bye

NEOGEN CODE 9
GOLD BLACK CAVIAR ESSENCE & GOLD TOX TIGHTENING PACK

Winky Lux
Diamond Complexion Powder in Light or Medium

IT Cosmetics
No-Tug Waterproof Mini Gel Eyeliner

Global Beauty Care
Dead Sea Wash Off Mask

I think I'm getting a great bag! 

This works camera close up- its a mask, moisturizer and primer in one!  I always am looking for products that combine and i can always use anything to moisturize my super dry skin. 

Peter Lamas super radiance complexion booster- again anything that helps with complexion or dry skin

Nomad eyeshadow in spice market-  looks so pretty

tarte mascara - can't complain

caite london paint pot - first nailpolish i got from ipsy and the colors look nice

Edited by gingerjenny

I'm very conflicted about this month's bag - I'm getting:

Rodial Smoky Eye Pen in Black - I always wear liquid liner so this probably won't get used.

Secret Garden Ampoule Masks - I just used up my last sheet mask sample, so these are nice to get!

Organic Surge Perfecting Face Polish - I do like face scrubs, and the hand lotion a few months ago was good...

Ciate London Paint Pot - I love getting polishes and I haven't tried Ciate yet, so that's a win!

Nyx Born to Glow - I hope hope hope I get the light one (I own the full size) because the other would be way too dark and would not get used at all!

Overall, it's certainly not a bad bag, but there's nothing that I'm incredibly excited about.

My bag is meh!

post-93138-0-88687700-1470677208.png

I'm getting:

111SKIN Bio Cellulose Facial Treatment Mask - will use. I like to use all types of masks.
Beauty For Real I-LINE 24-7 Eyeliner in Black Magic - ugh black eyeliner. Who doesn't have 4 billion black eyeliners already?
OFRA Cosmetics OFRA x @DupeThat “You Glow Girl” Highlighter - I first thought this was eyeshadow but it's highlighter, which I like better, but the packaging on these little guys is difficult. 
Peter Lamas Supreme Radiance Complexion Booster: what is this a moisturizer? It annoys me to get repeated brands I just got this brand in June, c'mon with all the products available I couldn't get something in a different brand? 
Ciaté London Paint Pot - I like nail polish and I like both colors so that's a win!

It's a 2/5 bag for me. Will have to see how the highlighter and complexion booster look on me.

Not thrilled with my bag this month although the bag itself is pretty - much better than that 80s-esque graffiti monstrosity. I'm getting the Tarte Lash Paint, the diamond powder in light, the Ciate paint pot (hopefully not the oxblood color it shows!), the Jersey Shore lip balm and some sort of olive anti-aging moisturizer. Despite reviewing my bags and updating my profile to show that I have zero interest in nail polish and lip balm, I seem to get one or the other every month. And both this month! As well as some no-name moisturizer. I really wanted the liquid lipstick and the Gimme Brow. Sigh.

I'm actually somewhat excited for my bag this month

Pacifica bronzer-We'll see how dark it is, it'll probably be too much for me.

Winky Lux diamond complexion powder-Excited to try!

IT Cosmetics eyeliner- I may be the minority but I like getting black eyeliners!

Ciate Polish-We'll see which color I get I'm hoping for the darker one.

IT Hair Care 12 in one Serum-I don't use hair serums this is the only thing I know I won't like.

Got my bag today and I'm seriously so happy with it. The Rodial liner is awesome! The Lord & Berry lip pencil is SUPER soft/buttery/smooth and gorgeous. The Nyx highlighter I got the shade Gleam and it's really pretty (FYI I'm super pale and it looks really pretty, like pearly-pink. I already own sunbeam and I love both of these. Applied with a damp beauty blender, they look gorgeous)! I love the smell of the face polish and can't wait to try it tonight and the Secret Garden face masks packaging is super cute!

• Like 3

I got my bag today and decided to just cancel my subscription. I've been thinking about getting rid of a few subs, and I'm kind of over Ipsy. I think the $10 Sephora box is better right now anyway.

Overall I'm happy with my bag, I'm getting:

Jersey Shore Cosmetics Mongongo Lip Conditioner in Vanilla Coconut Crème
Tarte Cosmetcis deluxe LipSurgence lip crème in Wonder
Symphony Beauty Makeup Cleansing wipes
Clate London Paint Pot ( In Dangerous Affair or Spinning Teacups)
Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Neapolitan Palette 

If I get the nail polish in Spinning Teacups I will look to trade, that color will just not work for me!

Well I got my bag and of course I got the shade of nail polish that I hate, Spinning Teacups. I was so hoping to get Dangerous Affair. I just can't pull off this shade. Oh well, I like the rest of my bag, so I'll just be happy with what I got  :)

Im just the opposite I love toned down and neutral lipsticks. And I agree lip butters never seem to run out lol I got a neutrogena lip butter from a Walmart beauty box that I used religiously everyday and one day I left it in my hot car (big mistake!) So I sorta just left it there for about 2 weeks baking in the hot sun everyday. 

Confused as to why you copy and pasted part of what I said earlier in this thread ??  Are you trying to raise your post count or something?? strange..

Confused as to why you copy and pasted part of what I said earlier in this thread ?? Are you trying to raise your post count or something?? strange..

Ha, yeah that's weird, why not just contribute to the conversation rather than copy someone else's post?

Confused as to why you copy and pasted part of what I said earlier in this thread ??  Are you trying to raise your post count or something?? strange..

I hid her post because it made no sense to copy and paste part of your original post, maybe she didn't mean to but she could have made that clear. Plus it seemed kind of spammy.

I got my bag today.

Here's some pictures of my bag, samples and swatches:

post-93138-0-49524500-1471290892_thumb.jpg

post-93138-0-51677800-1471290930_thumb.jpg

post-93138-0-36655200-1471291137_thumb.jpg

The Ofra highlighter is really pigmented and super shiny, only takes a light touch.

The gel liner is really soft and it stays on pretty well after rubbing, I like it more than I thought I would.

The complexion booster baffles me. It's really dark in the tube. I rubbed it in right next to the blob on my hand and even I think it's dark, like really dark. It works on me because I have a tan and I'm part Italian. But anyone with a fair complexion I fear is going to make them look "dirty" and not in a ooh hey I just applied bronzer way. In like a 'uh did you rub mud on your face' kinda look.

This product is kinda like a combo primer/highligher. It kinda annoys me that I have two products with shimmer or glitter in them and the complexion booster. Ipsy thinks this is a "serum" according to their reviews. Ugh no it's more like a tinted highlighter/primer. I'll probably use it this week since I have a tan from the beach this past weekend but after my tan fades I can't see using something like this regularly.  

I also got a sheet mask and the red polish. Either shade polish works for me, the red is a nice fall color but I might try to get the lavender color as well. The bag seems pretty popular so I might try to swap it. 

• Like 2

Still no bag yet! Has anyone else found this month to be more late than usual?