At what age did you start wearing makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would wear makeup for special occasions starting in middle school, but I didn't start my own collection till I was 18. 

Occassionaly worn makeup at around 7 or 8 (weddings and graduations). I like looking at makeup in Duty Free brochures when I was a kid. LOL. But I started wearing makeup regularly around 20 y.o. I couldn't afford them then, the drugstore products here are prestige in our country.

Five! Lol. I used to steal it from my mom or big sis. When I was allowed? 13 or 14!

I dont think I really started until  around college and I would only wear it on dates  .I remember going on my first date and wearing makeup but for the most part I wouldnt wear it as an everyday thing is was more as a way to impress people or to get peoples attention.I didnt have the money in high school to wear it everyday I also didnt see the point because it would have been a waste to waste good makeup on people who I didnt even like or wanna be around lol.If people didnt like me I didnt wanna waste my time and money on trying to impress anybody I didnt think it was worth the effort.

I still only make the effort when I see that the person I'am with likes me with and without makeup and that it makes no difference some people are just shallow and wanna be around you for the way you look.

Last edited:
I was 10, in 5th grade, although my mother would send me back to wash my face if I had on too much blue eyeshadow. I don't think I wore much more than that until I was in high school. I was devoted to Aziza shadows, Cover Girl Marathon mascara (still can't find one I like as much as that one), and Maybelline duo blush (came with a darker one for contour and a lighter one for highlight). And Maybelline "Kissing" lip products (Slicks, Sticks, Potions). I would give anything to have all those products back on the shelves again!

For my 13th birthday my older sister took me makeup shopping for the first time.

I remember getting powder and blush and eyeshadow and light brown mascara and Bonne Bell lip glosses (not the plain kind we all used as kids but tinted, I actually wish they still made whatever it was they were called, they were great). This was the summer before 7th grade, the start of "real" junior high.

I didn't wear foundation until highschool so 14-15.

I was a dancer so I was always familiar with stage makeup as a young kid and loved playing with my mom and sisters cast offs.

I had things like powder and lipgloss in jr high, so that was around age 13. 

I was off and on with makeup in high school. I used it whenI felt like it, but was usually too lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me i think i started around 15. Stole my mums make up most of the time up until i had enough money to buy my own lol

I wore mascara in high school because I felt like I had to or something. I really didn't care about makeup at all. Then when I was like, 20 I got suuuuper into it. Now makeup buying/playing/wearing is pretty much my main hobby. High-school-me would never have guessed I'd own hundreds of dollars worth of makeup products as an adult, or that I'd spend hours playing with it!

I really wanted to start wearing make up at around 14, but my parents were quite strict. At around 16 I 'rebelled' and started wearing makeup. My daughter started wearing make up at 15, I took her to a nice make up counter so she could get good quality, suitable make up for her skin type and in nice colors, rather than the cheap concealer, black eyeliner and bright blue eyeshadow I started with ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back