zillionthwriter

Sephora Play! August 2016 Box (Spoilers)

This is turning out to be my all time favorite sub.  I must be in their target marketing group or something. 

• Like 3

super excited!! this box keeps getting better and better...i just wish i could opt out of perfume samples...goos thing my sister loves them

• Like 1

super excited!! this box keeps getting better and better...i just wish i could opt out of perfume samples...goos thing my sister loves them

I feel the same about the perfumes. I don't ever wear perfume, so they're always a waste to me.

• Like 2

I'm excited too! This is going to be a good month! So far I've been happy with the Sephora box.

• Like 1

I love love love Sephora Play! Not uber thrilled with the Lancome and eye balm as I have so much of that stuff but I'll keep it for swaps!

• Like 1

I dont wear mascara or eye shadow in the summer,  I am def going thru the hot and sweaty phase of my life.  Having said that, I will keep sephora.You cannot beat this box.  I will be happy with any anti aging stuff they give me.

• Like 1

My box shipped! Even though I lean towards skincare, I'm glad they are doing a mix of makeup and skincare with this month. Still my favorite beauty box.

• Like 1

I'm not super hyped about this month honestly. Lancome burns my poor skin! The rest of it is all usable though except for the perfume. I want them to send me more mini lipsticks!  

• Like 1

Does anyone have a guess about how long those of us signing up can expect to be waitlisted?

Does anyone have a guess about how long those of us signing up can expect to be waitlisted?

I was on the waitlist and never got an email. I went on the Sephora Play site and they had sign ups open. I signed up and got right in. I would check the Sephora site periodically to see if you can get in.

• Like 2

FYI to anyone still on the wait list - I just checked the site and apparently subs are open, because I was able to sign right up!  (I was on the list, but they didn't email me to let me know.)  I cancelled Ipsy so fast it made their heads spin, and now I am a Playa!  =)  YEEEEE-HAW!

• Like 2

I'm not thrilled with this subscription.  None of the boxes I've gotten have really wowed me thus far.

I like the Perversion mascara because it's one of my favorites, so I'm happy to have more.  Other than that, I was underwhelmed.  The mini eyeliner is pretty but I already have so many, and the same goes for the MUFE eyeshadow. 

The eye cream doesn't get great reviews (Caudalie) and I don't need yet another moisturizer.  I also already have a whole makeup bag full of little perfume samples.

• Like 2

Two of my samples were empty (Lancome & Claudiele) and Sephora Customer Service credited 200 points to my account for it...  I kind of had to push for the other 100 points... two empty samples should equal 200 new mini samples you could get at Sephora... which BTW... I don't really shop there anyways.  Maybe 1x a year on a big bender.

Does anyone know if those 50pt cards can be redeemed at sephora inside jcp?

@@wmb07 I don't think so. I tried at my closest Sephora in JCP in May and they called HQ but were told no. I'd love it if they changed that because the JCP is much closer to me than the mall.

Two of my samples were empty (Lancome & Claudiele) and Sephora Customer Service credited 200 points to my account for it...  I kind of had to push for the other 100 points... two empty samples should equal 200 new mini samples you could get at Sephora... which BTW... I don't really shop there anyways.  Maybe 1x a year on a big bender.

Does anyone know if those 50pt cards can be redeemed at sephora inside jcp?

I was able to redeem my first one there last month, and when my second one didn't scan this month, I called CS and was told they'd had some issues with that and my 50 pts credited, but nothing was mentioned about it being due to my going to a SiJCP..

Edited by artemiss