NEED A NEW FOUNDATION PLEASE HELP!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is my call for help, fellow makeup obsessers (don't know if that's a word but lets just go with it) 

So my birthday is coming up and I really want a new foundation. I have tried MAC Studio Fix which I loved but I want to test out a new high end foundation. I am stuck between Nars Sheer Glow or Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation. I'm open to other suggestions, but I would like full coverage that doesn't look cakey. My skin is mostly oily but sometimes, quite rarely, I get kind of dry around my nose. I don't mind if it doesn't COMPLETELY cover everything because, that's what concealer was made for, am I right? But I would like a mostly full coverage

Thanks in advance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried a sampple of the Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation and it was nice. I have the NARS Velvet Matte Tint and it's nice but I haven't tried the Sheer Glow. Lately I've been obsessed with the Chanel Les Beiges foundation. I have a few samples and keep using them. The full size is on my wish list for sure. The coverage is great and looks natural. It's so easy to apply. My ultimate favorite foundation is Guerlain Lingerie De Peau. I've repurchased it because it's so good.

I tried a sampple of the Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation and it was nice. I have the NARS Velvet Matte Tint and it's nice but I haven't tried the Sheer Glow. Lately I've been obsessed with the Chanel Les Beiges foundation. I have a few samples and keep using them. The full size is on my wish list for sure. The coverage is great and looks natural. It's so easy to apply. My ultimate favorite foundation is Guerlain Lingerie De Peau. I've repurchased it because it's so good.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely look into those.

@@makeupfuelsmysoul I wouldn't recommend Nars Sheer Glow if you have oily skin, and if you want something full coverage. It's definitely light to medium coverage, at best, and is meant to give you that dewy finish, which, with oily skin, may emphasize your shiny areas, like the T-zone. You could try their Sheer Matte foundation, but again, it will be sheer coverage, not full.

I loooooove the Charlotte Tilbury foundation. It has looked flawless on pretty much everyone I've put it on, with the right prep of course. Proper skin care and the right primer is a must. Lasts all day, doesn't break up or look cakey on the skin. It looks like silk.

There are tons of great high end foundations for oily/combo skin out there. You might try the new Kat Von D Lock It Foundation, which will last, keep you shine free and is a great formula. The TooFaced Born This Way foundation is also beautiful on every type of skin, and will give you a beautiful airbrushed, flawless finish. That one is a personal favorite of mine. It looks so natural while somehow still being full coverage. Good luck!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue as you (oily skin and occasional dryness around the nose from dehydration). I LOVE Sheer Glow but have not yet tried the Magic Foundation. If you go with Sheer Glow, I've found it helpful to use a beauty blender and only dab/bounce to apply and completely avoid pulling/smearing if that make sense? The bouncing helps reduce the flaky skin because it's not disrupting it as much. I use a heavy layer of the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder to combat oiliness (which you can't see at all) and it's good to go! 

Also, early Happy Birthday!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The very best full coverage foundation I have used - and continue to use - is Estée Lauder Double Wear. It's incredibly long wearing, doesn't separate on oily skin and doesn't look cakey.

Lancôme Teint Idole 24H - my other Holy Grail. Doesn't quite last 24 hours but will get you through a work day and then some.

I would stay away from Kat Von D Lock It - it's incredibly thick and can be a challenge to blend out before it dries and looks cakey more often than not.

Rather than Nars Sheer Glow, try to get your hands on a sample of their All Day Weightless foundation. You'll get more coverage.

Latest posts

Back