Anyone try the Kat Von D Foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the good and bad reviews are from people with different skin types, trying the same foundation. So, I think it's good for people with normal to oily skin types, but maybe not for people with dry skin, unless you really take care of your skin and do the right prep. But, for people with normal to oily skin, I have seen it look absolutely flawless and give you a shine free, matte/satin finish that lasts all day. It's a quality product, that's for sure, but unfortunately, not everyone may be able to make it work for them. But on those that can, it really does look flawless!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have extremely oily skin and it didn't work for me. The foundation is thicker than just about anything on the market except for maybe Dermablend. It dries very quickly so you must blend fast. I find that even if I use a minimal amount and blend well, it still ends up looking candy. If you're looking for full coverage, I would suggest Estée Lauder Double Wear.

I have dry skin, but in the heat and humidity of summer I do tend to get an oily T zone. I have used both the Kat Von D foundation and Dermablend, to help cover up my redness and acne scarring. Both of these foundations are full coverage, which is what I tend to use during the week for work. A little of the Kat Von D (and Dermablend) goes a very long way. After my skin care routine, I apply a good primer, which helps to prep my skin.I don't dot the KVD on my face like I do with other foundations, as it does dry quickly. I put it on the back of my hand, and with a damp sponge I then apply it and it goes on very easily.  I'm sure makeup gurus can get this foundation to work with a brush, but I can't lol. I lightly dust RCMA powder over it and it gives a great matte finish.  I don't have an issue with it looking cakey or settling into my scars. 

I however take very good care of my skin, I follow the Korean skin care routine, and I don't have any issues with my dry skin, it stays very moisturized, so I can get away with using the KVD foundation without issues. 

If you are interested in the KVD, I would go to Sephora and get color matched and get samples first and test it out. 

Back