Birchbox September 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It looks like we will be choosing a MILK product for the September Sample Choice. Thanks so much for the info @@carothcj !!! Here is the picture

birchbox september 2016 spoilers.png

Well, I'm interested in trying more products from this brand....I just hope that the sample sizes are a bit more generous than those ludicrously tiny lip samples they've put out in the past...

I don't know how to feel about this. I'm just not interested in this brand. To me the packaging looks super cheap which makes me think the product is average at best. Honestly I haven't tried anything from them so maybe they have great products. Also as mentioned above the samples Milk has offered before have turned out to be hilariously sad which just adds to my negative view of them. Personally I'd rather have a Bite mini (even though I know that's not going to happen).

I just want them to tell us our options for sample choice and curated so I can decide if I'm staying or not. 

Did anyone click on the free prize link on their website? I got a deluxe sample of the Arrow brand cheek tint in berry flush with the code FLUSHED on any purchase. The fine print says the codes are account specific and for new subscribers only but it applied at the checkout for me. 

Can't wait to see what the sample choices are for this month, I did like the lipstick sample that I got from the Milk brand before, it was teeny tiny and drying but the color was so pretty.

I'm between the blush and the highlighter. The mascara has mediocre reviews. The curated box is full of products I've already tried.

To be honest, none of these are really doing anything for me, but the video says all subscribers will get one of the three Milk items. In that case, I'm going for the blush/lip tint, primarily to avoid the other two. I hardly ever use cream highlighter, plus I already have several. Between the 900 unopened mascaras currently in my possession and the mediocre reviews the Ubame mascara has received, I'll pass on that.

The curated box seems a bit boring. Some of those are great products, like the Dr. Jart+ and the Vasanti, but like @@bliss10977 , I've seen 'em and tried 'em all before (4/5 of them).

So both Jeffree Star and Laura Lee did reviews of the highlighter on their channels this past weekend and both said the "milk Melt makeup technology" doesn't dry down. It leaves a greasy almost tacky residue. Bummed I would have wanted to try the cooling stick or one of their eye liners!

Ugh Birchbox is making me feel like such a negative Nellie lately.

I would have preferred almost any other Milk products than those three. I feel the same way about the curated box too - I might get it just to be sure to get another Vasanti, I can always use that. And I like the dr jarts, so I can use that for travel (although I just got the Marcelle bb cream last month for that) but I don't want the mascara or the Amika, that is my least favorite dry shampoo.

Maybe I'll just take my chances and hope that I get one of those crazy rogue boxes that doesn't have any of the sample choices in them (that happened to me once when I didn't pick a sample because I liked all of the options - of course!)

I just canceled. Those sample choice options were not at all enticing to me. I think I just view Milk makeup really negatively. Meanwhile the curated is boring. I don't use dry shampoo and I already have a billion scrubs to use up. The mascara is the Milk one which doesn't seem to be a five star item or anything. I love the Dr. Jart and wouldn't mind trying the Lip Sunscreen but they are such tiny samples. I definitely don't think they are worth $10. If these boxes turn out to be amazing I may resubscribe but I've gambled enough of my money away at Birchbox. Plus my recent contact with their customer service was poor and there is no point system. 

I picked the curated box- not because I was in love with any of the products. I went to Sephora this weekend and tried the MILK products. The highlighter didn't really show up on me (It didn't give any highlights to my skin tone) and you could barely see the lip/cheek product on me. I can always give away the mascara.

I ended up going with the Milk lip/cheek color because I have enough mascara and not big on using highlighters at least not on a daily basis.

I went ahead and picked the mascara, I have no interest in the highlighter or blush but honestly none of them are particularly interesting. I've already received 3/5 of the featured box already (there's never enough scrub in that Vasanti tube) and I hope I get a half-decent box for September.

Latest posts

Back