Reija

Birchbox September 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

I got that little pixi palette when I rejoined BB.  I actually really like it & have it as my eyeshadow palette when I travel.  I got the wave spray in a Play! bag, and it really didn't do anything for my hair lol

• Like 1

I couldn't use the ouai spray stuff to create beach waves, but it does wonders at holding a curl with an iron.  It's seriously better than Elnett. 

• Like 3

@ Do you spray the Ouai stuff on your hair before or after using the iron? I love the look of big iron curls, but they fall out on me pretty easily. So far Elnett has worked best, but I'll have to give this stuff a try! I have a small bottle from Sephora play.

I'm not sure what I was trying to do the first time I used the Ouai stuff.  I just sprayed it on freshly ironed straight hair and nothing happened.  Maybe I was expecting it to make my hair wavy.  Anyone remember wash and curl shampoo?  "This morning my hair was straight.  Then Bill called..."  Anyway, my hair felt sticky so I grabbed my Kiss Instawave. It was like magic.  I did finish with some regular hairspray.  

• Like 2

I noticed that no one mentioned double points for box add on purchases. That made up for lost review points for me. I expect there to be more purchase point bonuses in the future, which were very common in past but have been scarce recently.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @!! Didn't know about the double points. That changes the way I'll look at add-ons now.

I got an email about September 15th being an important day. Anyone else get it? Thoughts?

birchbox september.jpg

Nevermind I forgot that September 15th is the customer appreciation day. Not enough coffee today. lol

• Like 1

Nevermind I forgot that September 15th is the customer appreciation day. Not enough coffee today. lol

Yeah they mentioned it in the spoiler video to be on the lookout for some cool stuff on the 15th.

Remember last year they personally delivered gifts to people? I hope they do fun stuff like that again. They'd never come to my home or office but it's fun to see other people get rewarded. I'd love it if they'd offer a long time subscriber loyalty perk.

• Like 2

Sadly I am weak willed. I resubscribed because I wanted the Stila Liquid Lipstick they were offering (it was the whole reason I kept my box last month). Knowing my luck I will get Patina again. I'm a little disappointed in myself. Lipstick is my weakness. 

LOC Ultra-Gloss Lip Pencil- I've actually liked the LOC products so far so I'm happy with this! I want the purple. 

Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse- I was actually super interested in this when I saw it in other people's boxes. I don't shampoo but I thought this would maybe be a good product for me. It sounds like it will get the buildup out of my hair, it's ph balanced, and hopefully smells lemony fresh. At least it will smell better than the apple cider vinegar I use occasionally. 

Oribe Cote d'Azur Restorative Body Cream- Yay for body cream! Hopefully this isn't horribly smelly. Though it say's it has orange in it so I'm hoping that's the main scent. 

Oribe Cote d'Azur BBody Wash- Body wash is fine but don't be smelly.

Bioderma Sensibio H20- This was another product I was interested in. I'm glad I'm getting the sensitive skin one. 

Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner- Finally a cleansing conditioner! More of these please!

Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek- Honestly I could care less about Milk but I think this would have been my top pick out of the three options. 

Honestly this doesn't seem like a bad box for me. I'm a little surprised. With the exception of my personal dislike of Milk and the possibility of things being smelly. If BB moves in this direction I may have trouble canceling my account. I would have liked to try the Benefit Tinted Lash Primer though. 

• Like 2

I got my BB on Saturday.  I guess by now, having re-subbed for 5 months, I am not as excited to get it?  Maybe I have too many samples laying around now that I forget to be excited about the stuff?  Maybe the incentive is gone since there are no review points?   Not sure but here it is...

1. TokyoMilk Dark Pretty Rotten Eau de Parfum - I don't even bother with fragrance samples.  I am so particular with fragrance.  So that went right into my "samples for mom" bag that I have been putting together.  lol Is there any way to tell them NO to fragrance samples?

2.  Milk Makeup Lip & Cheek - love love love.  This was the sample I chose and I am really glad I did.  I have used it twice since Saturday.  I may buy from Sephora for the double points, or if I procrastinate from BB since it's free shipping.  

3.  Elisabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara - I needed another mascara sample like I needed a hole in the head.  Although, all things considered, I likely will never have to buy mascara again while I have these beauty subs.  I may also put this in the "mom bag" lol

4.  Davines Oi Conditioner / Shampoo - I love Davines, and have long before BB.  I put these in the mom bag since I already have both in full size (I currently rotate a few different Davines products in my hair care routine & Oi is one of them) but was a little disappointed to find they were foil packets.  This may be a luxury brand, but the samples were only one time use.  

5.  Davines Oi All in One Milk - This was a delux sample size (yay!) of a Davines product I haven't tried (totally shocking).  I really like this.  If a buy it full size though, it will be from my salon.  

6. Nuxe Cleansing Gel - Another one I put in the bag for mom.  I don't need more facial cleanser.  In fact, I use a very, very basic facial cleanser.  

So, I guess in all, the Milk and the Davines Hair Milk were the big wins for me.  

Here are the promos:

Free Shipping

Refer a friend for a chance to win $1,000 and get 50 extra points

Amika Bogo offer

20% off Marcelle

50% off Benefit mascara kit

Milk Makeup Gift

Buy a full size beauty protector product get a free protect and detagle

Aces get 20% off all kits

20% Foreo

20% off Das Boom industries

Whats the milk makeup gift?

Sorry I saw this late. It's the sample choice this month. It was considered a gift I guess according to the link that was listing some promos. I should have been more clear. I took their list and whatever I could find myself when I was looking at their site and combined them.

I ended up placing an order because I wanted the Amika dry shampoo 2 pack. I like the dry shampoo and never thought all my dry shampoo bottles from various boxes would run out but they almost have. lol

I didn't think the deals or offers were as spectacular as last year. I didn't participate in any of them. Oh well my Sept. box should arrive today at least!

• Like 1

I got my box.

post-93138-0-70738500-1474051930_thumb.jpg

2 hair care its, two makeup items and one skin care item.

I generally like cleansing conditioners and the R+Co brand, I hope I like this one too. I've already tried the lemon rinse from glossybox and I like it but I'm giving this to a friend.

I've already tried the mascara from Ipsy a while back so I'm swapping it. Meh!

I picked the lip and cheek tint for my milk item. I think it works way better as a cheek tint than a lip item. It barely shows on my lips but is a pretty nice color on my cheeks.

The micelle solution should work for me but come on with that packaging. It's unable to be sealed once opened. I know Birchbox doesn't make the samples or decide how they are packaged. But it's still annoying to have to find a place to lay this up against while I use it.

• Like 3