Help with my Foundation PLEASE

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have very oily skin, even acne prone and I used to use Walmart foundation like cover girl. So when I went and got matched with a Clinique acne solutions liquid lipstick and a stay matte powder I had very high expectations seeing that I spent over $50 on just foundation. well it covers really well I don't need concealer but my foundation gets so cakey. it rubs off if someone touches my face I've tried putting moisturizer then a translucent powder then liquid foundation and then my other powder and basically the same results I'm still very optimistic and I'm hoping I can find a solution because I like the foundation juts not the really after wearing it for an hour so please if you have any tips or tricks im willing to try anything

Hey love! Have you tried using a gel based primer? I also have oily skin and I use one from Rimmel. Completely inexpensive but works wonders. Keeps my makeup on my face and smooths everything out. This will prevent your makeup from coming off or looking too cakey as you'd powder less.

Also, cakey-ness is due to too much drying out either from the powder you're using to set the foundation, or the foundation itself is too drying. Sometimes products for oily skins end up sucking out all the oils and natural moisture so we end up looking like a cakey disgusting mess! Try mixing the foundation with a cream so its more like a BB cream. This will make it lighter in consistency but keep the coverage, while maintaining moisture. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Clinique foundation for my acne prone skin but did not like their acne solutions line. It also probably seems a bit cakey because if I remember correctly (it was years ago that I wore it) it contains salicylic acid which dries your skin out.

I would buy an expensive bb cream to blend with it until you've used it up and can move on to the next product if you're still not happy.

But do go back to Clinique because they're great for acne prone or sensitive skin. Just tell the rep what you liked and disliked about the product and they can hopefully find you something in the middle.

Or if you've bought it within a few weeks, take it back and tell them it's not working out, it doesn't hurt to ask and I've had them refund makeup purchases before.

Back