Ashley Losie

Ipsy September 2016 Spoilers!

I got my bag:

post-93138-0-92847100-1473798470_thumb.jpeg

The serum is nealry empty. My bottle is already wrinkled from squeezing some out. Boo! Also it's my third "primer" type product in a row.

The blush is pretty and full sized!

The rest is ok, I don't get plumped lips from the too faced lippie though. Oh well just gloss to me.

The bag is a nice material seems like it won't get dirty.

• Like 1

I canceled my Ipsy subscription so I didn't get this month, and I can't say I feel that I missed out on anything. It feels like Ipsy includes a lot of the same products and brands that other subscription boxes send out. I get that this is probably because these brands are trying to promote themselves, but it gets a little frustrating when you see that a bunch of popular sub boxes have a certain brand for several months in a row. 

I've already gotten a few of the products in this month's selection from other boxes: the Briogeo conditioner (I got this in a sample size from Sephora Play in May, and this month I got the full size from Popsugar), the Eyeko eyeliner, and the Living Proof treatment. I also got a sample size of the Belif product from Sephora (not the sub box, but as an extra from a purchase I made) and I've gotten a couple of samples of the Too Faced lip injection product as a bonus gift in a couple of different purchases. I didn't get the "extreme" lip injection project from Too Faced, just the regular one, but even that one annoyed me with how much it stung so I don't think I would like the extreme version.

I think Ipsy is a cute service, but it really needs to branch out and start including a better variety of brands. There are brands that I repeatedly see on Ipsy, and it just gets annoying. 

Edited by zillionthwriter
  • Like 2