Purply highlighters??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been scouring the internet for a subtly purple powder highlighter. I hate cream highlighters with a burning passion but it seems that the only highlighters I can find that fit the bill are creams, or a cream to powder formulation, which I still don't trust. I have very fair skin so I'm looking for something with a pearly lilac sheen and NO SHIMMER. Basically just NARS Copacabana, or even MILK's holographic stick, but in powder form. Something light and maybe irridescent with a tinge of purple- like a lilac or lavender. Not stage makeup. No intensely shimmery or deep dark violet shades. I want a highlighter. If I wanted to look straight up purple I would smear some eyeshadow on my high horse cheekbones and call it a day. I know the highlighter I'm looking for exists because I've had several unaffiliated people tell me that a highlighter with pearly purple tones behind it will work wonders for nearly translucent skin such as my own. As far as I can tell, they're all pointing me in the direction of a fairy tale product that will only manifest in my daydreams. I'm tempted to launch my own line just to create my own perfect highlighter because apparently if you want it done right you gotta do it yourself

No I hadn't heard of it! Thanks so much it's so pretty I can't believe I never found that gem myself, I'm always at Sephora haha.

I have the Besame violet power. It is very translucent as it is a setting powder so you don't see it. I don't think it would work well as a highlighter due to it being translucent.

If you don't want shimmer, then you may need to try a matte blush that is very fair. Since it's a blush, it will be easy to sheer it out and give you that ethereal lilac glow to boost your radiance without putting a purple stripe across your face. Try Mac Powder Blush in Full of Joy.

91c99540-4d0c-0134-17c2-060e3e89e053.jpg

If you find that it's not highlighting the way you want it to, use a nude, pearl or white highlighter underneath and it will boost the highlight factor. Otherwise, why not try an eyeshadow? I've used lots of eyeshadows as highlights and they are essentially the same product. They're a shimmery powder, but you may try searching for one that has "pearlescent" in the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@cassilee23 - I also have to say, I know you don't "trust" cream to powder or cream highlights, but may I ask if that may just be bc you're not sure of the best way to apply it? My favorite purple highlight of all time is Colourpop Hippo, which is a cool-toned, icy lavender and it's more of a mousse-like texture, with more opalescence than shimmer. It's almost immediately powder on the face, and I simply use a mini buffing brush to apply it, by tapping it into the product and then lightly tapping it onto my cheekbones. You don't need to buff it in or wipe the brush across your skin. Just tap. Also, Hippo is gorgeous, gives that ethereal glow you're looking for, and is only $8. Plus, if you've never bought anything from Colourpop before, sign up for their emails and they'll send you a coupon for $5 off your first purchase, making it a whopping $3. How can you beat that? I'm a die hard Colourpop fan, so check out all their products and I guarantee you, you won't be disappointed. Here are some photos to demonstrate:

Screen_Captures26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just order customized product! Go to Etsy and search... There are TONS of AMAZING make up companies, CRUELTY FREE, VEGAN, that take CUSTOMIZED ORDERS! It's wonderful, you just describe the colors like you did, send some links to pics for reference and BAM: you have your own product! It's genius and addictive - believe me!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually haven't considered purply highligters while doing makeup, but now I am obsessed with those! They are perfect for cold tone skin, and they look so elegant I think. 

The Bobbi Brown highlighter in Telluride is exactly what you describe I think. I have it and it's gorgeous. It's a light dusty purple to mauvish highlighter and is very buildable. I love it BUT it's limited edition from this summer. You might have to search a bit but I'm sure there are still some for sale.

Latest posts

Back