Perfume help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have no idea if this is the right place, so I'm really sorry if it isn't. I've been looking to buy my wife a new bottle of perfume. She has one that she bought that she uses whenever we go out (which we don't do nearly enough anymore), but I wanted to give her another bottle of a different fragrance. I could get her another bottle of the one she currently has, but that seems like a cop out to me.

What she currently has is a bottle of Dior hypnotic poison, one that I think she wears mainly for me, as I really like cinnamon. I know that she likes the smell of cinnamon too, but she likes vanilla much more, and sandalwood.

I did do some looking up beforehand, and while I did find some promising ones, I really would prefer to hear a real person's advice instead of reviews that might be faked. I can't ask any of my friends either, as they might tell her what I'm planning. I'm really cornered here.

Any help?

Oh dang, I just remembered. My wife recently died her hair blonde, and I remember reading about getting purple shampoo for blonde hair, if someone can tell me if this would be a good secondary gift, that'd also be great. I'll see if I can find the article in my history somewhere.

Edit: found it seems like it's pushing one of the products pretty heavily, although looking at the article I probably should mention that my wife has a more dirty blonde look than a pure yellow haired blonde.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have no idea if this is the right place, so I'm really sorry if it isn't. I've been looking to buy my wife a new bottle of perfume. She has one that she bought that she uses whenever we go out (which we don't do nearly enough anymore), but I wanted to give her another bottle of a different fragrance. I could get her another bottle of the one she currently has, but that seems like a cop out to me.

What she currently has is a bottle of Dior hypnotic poison, one that I think she wears mainly for me, as I really like cinnamon. I know that she likes the smell of cinnamon too, but she likes vanilla much more, and sandalwood.

I did do some looking up beforehand, and while I did find some promising ones, I really would prefer to hear a real person's advice instead of reviews that might be faked. I can't ask any of my friends either, as they might tell her what I'm planning. I'm really cornered here.

Any help?
I really like YSL Black Opium and Tom Ford Orchid. They are both warmer scents like the Dior poison. The Elizabeth and James Black Nirvana is really good too and cheaper. It has vanilla in it.

@@Reija Thank you so much for the help! I ordered the YSL Black Opium, and it should be arriving soon. I'll try and remember to update if she liked it or not.

EDIT: I actually saw your post pretty much right after you posted it, but I misplaced my password and only found it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: She loved it! Thank you so much! Now I just need to think of more reasons to get her to wear it.

I think I can handle that myself though, so this is goodbye.

If ever, for whatever reason I need a little beauty help, I'll keep you guys in mind.

Latest posts

Back