Do you think which one is the best cleansing?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to know about which is the best cleansing between cleansing water, cleansing milk, cleansing cream and cleansing oil?

I am Asian girl. I have oily face in T zone and I make up everyday.  :unsure:

I like cleansing water for quick cleansing but for deeper cleaning I like a foaming cleanser. Sometimes I do a double cleansing with cleansing oil or cream and then with a foaming cleanser after.

I've heard oil is actually good for oily skin. Oil is like a magnet to oil, so the idea is that the cleansing oil will unclog your pores by attracting the dirt and oil out. I hope this helps. 

If I have been wearing makeup, especially eye makeup I double cleanse. First using jojoba oil to remove eye makeup and follow by using my Monsia cream cleanser then the toner, rinse with cool water then apply my Monsia night repair cream. If my face feels dry I may add a couple of drops of vit E oil applied mainly to my neck, forehead & around my eyes. It does not make my face oily just keeps it hydrated through the night.

i think that cleansing water is for like on the go. it is not a deep cleanse.

i use cleansing water to remove makeup from my eyes. 

for face cleaning i use mild cleansing lotions , i think they work better than oils as i have very oily skin

I want to know about which is the best cleansing between cleansing water, cleansing milk, cleansing cream and cleansing oil?

I am Asian girl. I have oily face in T zone and I make up everyday.  :unsure:
Heyy Puylovely, If you've oily skin, its not because you have a lot of oil on your skin, its because your lacking oil in your skin, so it produces its own oil. So the best option for you will be an oil cleanser :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If you wear a lot of makeup and struggle to remove makeup then use a milk cleanser to melt the makeup and then go in and wash your face. Hope i helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There is no such thing as the best facial cleanser for everyone.  It really does depend on your skin type and what else is going on with your skin.  For normal skin, I prefer mild soap-free cleansers made for sensitive skin, like Johnson and Johnson's Purpose cleanser, Aveeno's Ultra Calming Facial cleanser or CeraVe facial cleanser (NFI).  I prefer foaming cleansers as they seem to do a better job than lotions.  They leave the skin feeling cleaner, and tend to leave fewer bacterial counts on the skin.  

I am not a big fan of scrubs of any sort as they tend to irritate and dry the skin.  This is particularly important  during the winter months when the air is dry both outside and inside.  In addition, for people with acne or rosacea, scrubs can actually make you break out more. 

For people with acne or rosacea, I recommend consulting your dermatologist, as there are a number of prescription cleansers that would help treat these conditions as well as cleanse the face.

There is no such thing as the best facial cleanser for everyone.  It really does depend on your skin type and what else is going on with your skin.  For normal skin, I prefer mild soap-free cleansers made for sensitive skin, like Johnson and Johnson's Purpose cleanser, Aveeno's Ultra Calming Facial cleanser or CeraVe facial cleanser (NFI).  I prefer foaming cleansers as they seem to do a better job than lotions.  They leave the skin feeling cleaner, and tend to leave fewer bacterial counts on the skin.  

I am not a big fan of scrubs of any sort as they tend to irritate and dry the skin.  This is particularly important  during the winter months when the air is dry both outside and inside.  In addition, for people with acne or rosacea, scrubs can actually make you break out more. 

For people with acne or rosacea, I recommend consulting your dermatologist, as there are a number of prescription cleansers that would help treat these conditions as well as cleanse the face.
I tried the Made from Earth Rosehip Serum for my rosacea on my cheeks and it works because my cheeks really flare up in the winter with central heating, cold, etc. It has definitely helped the flare ups and moisturises really well. I use on my cheeks morning and night under foundation. No rosacea product works for everyone but the Made from Earth Rosehip Serum worked for me and is reasonable in price 

Use warm water: both hot and cold water can cause your skin to dry out. If you wash it the wrong way, you can make your skin more irritated and redder. You should wash with a sensitive cleanser, one without fragrance, and avoid any that contain alcohol or other drying agents. Try products such as Cetaphil or Purpose.

·         Pat dry with a soft towel when done. Do not scrub your face, which can cause your skin to become more irritated.

·         Try cleansers with sulfates such as Rosanil. These ingredients will help with inflammation.

·         If your redness involves pimples and you do not have sensitive skin, try products that have benzoyl peroxide such as Clearasil.

Latest posts

Back