Which Eye Make-Up Palette should I get?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm very new to this website and signed in, mostly, to ask y'all this question.

So I was thinking about getting some Eye-Palettes and now I cannot choose between the 3 following ones, which I can get 2 of:

Urban Decay Naked Basics (the first)

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony

So I like warm tones a little bit more than neutrals, cool tones I don't reeeally like, but I work with them too- sometimes.

I can get 2 of those.

Now I don't know which one's, and what I should get first.

Please share your oppinion on this.

Actually the only shades really why I want the get the one from The Balm "Matt Lopez" and "Matt Kumar".

Also I don't know if, If I want it, I should get the ultimate Basis one first, because I don't feel like the colors in this palette are great for putting all over the lid, up to the brow bone as a base.

Thanks for any recommandation

I hope my english is fine, because I'm from Germany (greetings)

Hi! Welcome to MUT! I have the Urband Decay basics and really like it. I would get the Basics ultimate if you can because it's like the basic but with a lot more colors. I want the ultimate basic but haven't got it because I have the basic palette and some of the shades are so similar. I haven't tried the Balm one but the colors look good.

Welcome! I have only tried out two of those (Naked Basics 1 and Meet Matt), but I would suggest the Ultimate Basics! While the Balm has amazing matte eye shadow formulas, if you only want one or two shades, I would suggest something else then. I haven't tried it either, but based on the Naked Basics 1 formula, I don't think you could go wrong with it. Good luck!

I've tried all of them (the UD were mine, and my mum had the Balm ) and I can say that my number one is definitely  the Ultimate Basics! I'm in love with the look I achieve using that palette..

I got the Pure Cosmetics neutral palette in the fall FFF box and the shades are GORGEOUS!! People said it was a dupe to the UD naked palette. But costs almost the same :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I swapped for mine on MSA. I haven't used it yet, just swatched the shades and they were beautiful. 

[SIZE=10.5pt]Well, I personally have tried all the Urban Decay Naked series but found Naked 3 the best among all and Kat Von D Metal Matte Eye Shadow which is 4 to 5 dollar high in cost. Naked 3 gives you 13 rich mattes and 9 metal crush shades.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Apply the eye shadow with shades + light eye [/SIZE]comtour brush which will not be included in the package, you will have to buy it separately.

I'd definitely go with the Basics Ultimate and the Meet Matte, I love theBalm's eyeshadows. I have a sample of the Matt Battali from another Meet Matte palette and it is super gorgeous. 

Back