Want to b makeup artist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone I love to do makeup and I want to b a makeup artist I haven't done any course I just watch YouTube videos .I want to start with bridal and party makeup .plz give me suggestions what I should have in my kit of which brands ????also I haven't practiced on anyone I just do my makeup on special occasions .help me how I start with professional work???

MAC, Bobbi Brown, Christian Dior and techniques like HD and airbrush are best to make your kit best and get celebrity look after using these products.Also quality products will help to make your work much more impressive and popular.

Offer your services to photographers testing models, filmmakers, vloggers, etc. Generally speaking, people start out working for low or no pay until they can get enough experience to start charging for their time. Craigslist usually has postings for short films, and there's also Facebook groups you can join so you can network. 

Hey if you want your makeup to stay in place from ceremony to reception, then it is absolutely necessary to have a primer in your bridal beauty stash.,Makeup Sponge. Simply put, these guys are a game changer,Blush and Bronzer,Setting Powder.,Mascara.,Eyeliner.,Go-To Eye Palette.,Blotting Paper.

Hi everyone I love to do makeup and I want to b a makeup artist I haven't done any course I just watch YouTube videos .I want to start with bridal and party makeup .plz give me suggestions what I should have in my kit of which brands ????also I haven't practiced on anyone I just do my makeup on special occasions .help me how I start with professional work???
First enroll at an accredited make-up school. However, the important thing here is to practice on various skin tones. Also professional photographs of your work are your resume to show to potential brides, graduation clients, birthday clients etc. 

If you want professional tips as a make-up artist, you should get a consultation and training from a salon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also make a makeup artist profile and find local people that will need your makeup service, that way you can practice on other people and make some money at the same time. here is the site https://avanearbysalon.com/makeup-artists/ 

It takes a lot of practice and patience. Work with different tones and skin types.

If you want to pump your skills to a new level, 2 options are obvious:
1) Find a school or courses that you can afford and can improve your skills;
2) Try to go to a steeper master in the students for free. Just offer :) Free hands will not hurt anyone, the more you have basic skills!

Back