Need some Advice. :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm interested in trying a product (preferably online) that will help mask a small PORT WINE stain on my upper right lip (about .3 cm's wide. Most people tell me its not that noticeable, but it ruins my faces symmetry in photographs and I currently cant afford laser surgery to have it removed, my only solution so far has been to grow a mustache (I'm a guy fyi) and Truth be told it looks terrible on me haha... so I want to keep a clean face. I can post a picture if thats necessary.

I want something that I can put on my lips each morning that will mask the stain on my lip and give my lips a consistent color throughout... preferably unnoticeable that I'm wearing makeup. (Not that I care what some idiot may think, but it will save my some explanations) If it tints my lips slightly to the "naked" look, thats fine too, so long as its moderate and not glaringly obvious that I'm wearing any sort of lip stick.

Next, and this is the lesser of the two evils, but the port wine stain also spreads into the skin just above my lip, I can probably manage to find cover up on my own but does anyone have a brand recommendation?

If you reply, I'd really appreciate it if you left an Amazon link to the product you're directly referring too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thank-you.

And just to re-clarify, I don't have anything against any guys that wear makeup- it's just I'm from kinda a cliche farmer joe town with alot of rednecks.

Hi! Welcome to MUT! Have you looked into theater/professional makeup? Those type of lines have products that are great for coverage more than regular drugstore makeup. Cinema secrets is a great brand. Joe Blasco is great too just to name a few. For the lips you might try a lip pencil. Make Up Forever and MAC are great. The only problem with lip liners is that they won't last all they do you would have to retouch. Lip stain might be a good one to try too because lip stains are not like traditional lipsticks. Hope this helps and hope others have suggestions too.

I cant post links to amazon as the site is down right now but for a lip stain Emite Makeup lip and cheek tint might do you can buildup the colour with it. As Reija said a lip pencil but I can see that wearing off quite fast. and for above the lip you could try a couple of things either a bit of concealer good cheap one would be Maybelline instant age rewind or Revlon colorstay concealer and powder on top to set it. or maybe a green colour correcting concealer and a small amount of mineral makeup like bare minerals or laura mercier on top.

Anyone with skin discoloration, hyper pigmentation or scarring, I always use Dermablend. Most makeup uses about 5-20% pigment at the most, whereas Dermablend uses about 40% pigment in their formulation, and also boasts a 16 hour wear, Now, being that you would apply it around your mouth area, eating and drinking would cause it to break down a little quicker than usual, but there are a few things you can do to help that, such as setting their cream or liquid products with their translucent powder to make it last longer. Any time you put a cream or liquid product on your face, setting it with a powder locks it into place, as a general rule of thumb. This will help especially when you sweat or eat/drink.

I would also use a sponge applicator to apply any Dermablend concealer or foundation that you choose, bc a sponge is porous, and mimics the skin, and thus, will look the most natural. You simply dab a small amount of product on the skin with your finger (a little goes a LONG way with this stuff) and then take the sponge and dab it onto your face with a bouncing motion. Do not rub or drag. This will blend it seamlessly into the skin and give you the most natural finish.

I really like Dermablend products, I've used them on clients with severe burn scars all over their face and Vitiligo covering 90% of their bodies. It covers tattoos, birth marks, you name it. It's all in how you apply it though, so watch the tutorials on their website for tips on how to use it to make it work the best for you, and understand that finding an accurate shade match is also key, so use their shade match tool as well. 

Dermablend Official Website:

http://www.dermablend.com/makeup?cm_mmc=cpc-_-googleSearchBrand-_-Search%20-%20Dermablend%20Brand%20-%20Ex_Brand%20Short-_-kw:%20dermablend&gclid=Cj0KEQjw1ee_BRD3hK6x993YzeoBEiQA5RH_BM47c9CVaVIK5h6pT-KlRXLYDSfyuTzlj2Iw59JEuZkaAvFX8P8HAQ

Dermablend Products on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dermablend

Vichy Dermablend is something I always come back to when my skin breaks out, you should try it out.

Latest posts

Back