Secret Santa Winter 2016 - Main Thread: Rules, Reveals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let's begin planning our next Secret Santa!

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 5.12.38 PM.png

Here are the rules copied from last year:

:santa: Secret Santa 2016 Rules :santa:​
  • minimum of 50 quality posts by the sign up deadline (November 13th, 2016). Posts such as one word answers and "Hi"s don't count. The best way to guarantee you have the minimum count of posts required for participating is to take part in the forums and chat away. :) We look forward to seeing you on the forums.   :luv:

• Must be in good standing with no serious infractions and/or negative trade ratings within the last 12 months.

• Sign ups for Secret Santa are open now and will run until November 13th, 2016 

• Sign-ups are done through Elfster . Please be sure to include your MUT user name in Elfster so we know who is who.

• Gifts must be sent out no later than December 15 for domestic delivery to assure delivery by Christmas (10 days via USPS to arrive by 12/24

• Shipping via priority mail is no required but tracking is mandatory so that we can keep track of the packages and make sure the recipient ends up receiving the package without problems. Please email your tracking number to @@Reija so that we can have it for our records.

• Total gift value should be approximately $25.

• Item(s) must be NEW in their original packaging and never have been used, swatched or opened.

• Once you sign up please do not change your mind and try and back out of Secret Santa because it will cause problems with the participation list. If you have a special unforeseen circumstance, please contact @@Reija ASAP to see what we can do.  If you do back out you may be prohibited from participating in future events.

• Include your forum username somewhere on your gift/gift tag to indicate who the gift is from. You may omit your real name if you so choose however do not omit your username.

• Posting photos of the gifts you receive is not required although we would love to see the reveals so everyone can see what you got.   :) Please make sure you acknowledge the receipt of gift so that we can keep track of it on our end to assure that everyone receives their gifts. Please post your acknowledgment in the forum or PM @@Reija

• This is a swap exchange and as with all swap exchanges there is a risk that someone might not send a gift at all (failing to send a gift as agreed upon will remove your from future gift exchanges and swaps). If you do not receive a gift by December 24 please let @@Reija know. This is why using tracking to send your gift is so important. With tracking you can prove that your item(s) was sent and we can use tracking to solve potential shipping problems if the package ends up missing. During the holidays shipping gets hectic and packages sometimes get lost. It's best to ship your package out as early as possible to avoid possible problems with the delivery.

ALLERGIES: If you have an allergy or sensitivity please PM @@Reija so that she can inform your Secret Santa. Please note this will not guarantee that your Secret Santa will be able to prevent any reactions as some companies do not list all ingredients.
Participating in Secret Santa is at your own risk.

:santa: Happy Secret Santa Exchange!!!! :santa:

Has an elfster group been created yet? I just logged in and everything I had saved is gone so now begins the fun of making a new wishlist!

Just wanted to follow-up on this. Our original deadline for signing up was the 13th which is tomorrow. I've made changes to the group and extended it to this coming up Friday. For last year's participants, please check your Elfster account. There should be an invitation pending. Hopefully we get the same group going as last year and others as well. It's so much fun!!  We want to be able to do the draw pretty early so that everyone will have enough time to shop for their secret santa and send the gift on time. Thank you all who participated last year and are participating this year!

I would like to take part. I hope I am not too late. I did this last year (I think it was last year) and LOVED IT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
However when I did it, it was not on elfster. I wonder if it was 2 years ago that I participated? Could be. That being said, how do I find the elfster signup. Sorry! I'm confused lol

I wasn't aware that names were picked, I have a shopping list and some orders to put in! So excited, I've been waiting a year for this  :lol:

Also whoever has me, I wasn't paying attention to my elfster list and I haven't added much, sorry! I'm going to get right on that, maybe this afternoon my list will be less-Ulta exclusive.

I'm in the same boat! I totally forgot that Elfster does the drawing automatically based on the dates set. Oops! I just checked this morning and saw that it had been drawn. I better get shopping ASAP! Thank you all who are participating this year!! It's going to be so fun! Sorry I haven't updated my wishlist either. I'm pretty much ok with any makeup though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

How do I update my wishlist on elfster? I feel like I can only find things on the site that they sell. Is that true? 

If it is... 

Here is my wishlist...

1. Josie Maran products (I just started to get into her argan oil for my face). However, I don't really like lotion/creme. 

2. Masks - face, hands, lips 

3. Waterproof mascara

4. Any good black eyeliners

5. Products for lips that help with chapped lips or to make your lips soft and nice for winter weather. 

Brands I like: Tom Ford, Chanel, Dior, Marc Jacobs, Dr. Jart (for skin care), Becca, ELF, Revlon and Estee Lauder. 

It's not very self explanatory on Elfster. You can add the link once you have it from ULTA, Sephora, Amazon etc.

On the top of the page, go to add to wish list which will open another page where you can input the link. Click on the middle tab (see pic) and you can add the link there. It will then ask you to save the link and once you click save, the item is saved in your wish list. Hope this helps.

Here are pics:

elfster.jpg

elfster 2.jpg

elfster link.jpg

Also, if you want, there's an elfster button that you can add to your browser so when you see something you like, you can just hit the 'elf it' button and it'll save directly to your wishlist. I think all you have to do is search for it on their site, and follow the directions.

I think my santa is on the ball and my gift is arriving today. WTG Secret Santa. I'll update when it arrives.

Hi all, I got my secret Santa gift today.

My wonderful SS was @! She did a great job of searching around for all my favorite things, here are some photos!

IMG_2385.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

I pulled everything out of the box before I stopped myself to take some pictures, on top was all the yummy snacks and goodies.

Next I dug out some sample packets of DCH products. 

She sent me some great products, the pink lip balm and wipes are vanilla icing scented/flavored. YUM! I can't wait to use them, she also sent me a couple beautiful nail polishes and a full size DHC cleaning oil, which is one of my favorite makeup removers!  Well done lady!

I can't wait to go home from work and dive into all this yum and fun! Thank you soooo much!! I love every bit of this!

Latest posts

Back