November 2016 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the thread for November!

Sneak peek video will go up on Oct. 21 (Friday)

IMG_2116.PNG

I really like the look of the box for November, its girly without being too girly. I was looking back through my boxes and so far this year I've only received one perfume sample so I'm guess I'm due for one sooner or later.

Reddit has a thread with the spoilers (screen shots from the app it looks like)- coastal scents blush/bronzer, chella eyebrow pencil, and jane iredel mini sheer lipstick (whatever it is called).

The curated box is the one that was spoiled with the number 4 and benefit theyre real, etc.

I am usually a little defensive about Birchbox and can usually find at least one sample to be curious about but this is a pretty terrible month of options (in my opinion)- especially compared to October. These all seem like lackluster brands/recycled items.

I am surprised too since they must know many people's annual subs are running out around now- I was actually considered renewing mine, since Oct and Sept were so strong (giving me the impression they improved the samples after removing the points)- but this is once again reminding me why I should probably let it go when my Dec box is up... #toobad

Blah if that holds true I'll get the blush/bronzer combo, but it's nothing to get overly excited about.   

Usually I like the featured box enough to buy it separately but not this one.

I'm not excited about a single thing for November. Glad my annual is ending soon...

Here is the sample choice video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM8rJ1Ksa88

Three choices this month:

Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 12.52.52 PM.png

Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil - Tantalizing Taupe

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 12.51.51 PM.png

Coastal Scents Blush and Highlighter Duo

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 12.53.40 PM.png

Finishing touch curated/featured box:

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 12.56.18 PM.png

Includes:

ARDENCY INN MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner

Balance Me Tinted Wonder Eye Cream

Number 4 Jour d'Automne Smoothing Balm

Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening Mascara

Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume

Pick on 10/26 if you're an ACE or 27th for everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Includes:

Pick on 10/26 (Monday) if you're an ACE or 27th for everyone else.
None of the sample is new or that exciting that I want to get it again....

I'm going to get the coastal scents blush highlight combo. It's the only product I haven't tried before and I know I'll use it. I don't mind the eyebrow pencil either but I think I've tried it.

I'm undecided if I want to pick up the featured box. I am curious about that tinted under eye concealer/cream.

Isn't the Coastal scent duo a sample of the full size that Boxycharm send last month??? :rolleyes:   :unsure:

Includes:

Pick on 10/26 (Monday) if you're an ACE or 27th for everyone else.

Isn't Oct. 26th a Wednesday?

I don't know what to pick- nothing is standing out to me,

Thanks for posting @@Bizgirlva! I'm going with the Jane Iredale. I have it already but I like and I'll just throw this in my purse for back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I canceled again (didn't forget this month). I'm just going to wait and see what everyone else's boxes look like. I feel like that really is the way to go with them unless you have your heart set on a certain item that you want to choose as your sample for the month. For me this months box was meh, last months box was amazing, the month before that was curated and prior to that it was awful. I agree with everyone else the sample choice is unexciting like always. I'm a bit surprised how bad the curated box is this month though. Exactly what everyone wants another black eyeliner, their billionth tube of Benefit's They're Real Mascara, a tinted eye cream that will be the wrong shade, a perfume sample that we all try desperately to avoid, and a bland hair product (the hair product is actually the only thing I would be happy with in the box but I doubt it's very enticing to most people). 

Think I'm going with the curated, none of the sample choices appeal to me at all. I go through black eyeliner and mascara like crazy....so unlike 99% of BB subscribers I'm always happy to get that mascara (except the Milk stuff, it kinda sucked). 

Sample choice day today for aces, when I logged on two of the three options were marked out of stock! Both the eyebrow pencil and lip item were out of stock. I was planning to pick the blush/highlighter anyway....but still that's crazy!

Sample choice day today for aces, when I logged on two of the three options were marked out of stock! Both the eyebrow pencil and lip item were out of stock. I was planning to pick the blush/highlighter anyway....but still that's crazy!
I saw that on the app, but the mobile site still shows everything as available, and I was able to pick the brow pencil.

Looks like a lot of the add-ons are out of stock too. I was considering the Amika dryer but it's sold out. The Rifle 2017 planner in the rose pattern is sold out too.

Latest posts

Back