October Little Lace Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got this email.  I really appreciate them letting us know what's happening (and the extra goodie doesn't hurt either)

Hello LLB Subscribers,

If it wasn't bad enough that a nationwide internet attack brought down our website for several hours yesterday, we then received the news that one of our products for the October LLB had not even shipped to us yet.  Consequently, we must apologize for an unexpected delay in the shipping of the October Little Lace Box. We're unfortunately waiting on a single product that our supplier shipped very late due to some internal warehouse problems that they just admitted to us yesterday.  After days of silence, we finally received an email that started out:

"We fully understand the problems and pressures you have as a business and to not get the goods in a timely manner is not right. We have let you down and in turn hurt your business. I am sorry.  I do want to take this opportunity to explain what happened to cause this disruption and the challenges we have encountered."

Dealing with suppliers is the most difficult part of this job, but our problem shouldn't be your problem, so we will be adding an additional item to the October box, and hope that you will accept our apology for the delay. It looks like shipping will begin on Thursday, October 27th so we'd like to offer you the opportunity to hold your box in the event you will be traveling or away from your homes during delivery.

However, we realize some of you would prefer a refund and we completely understand and accept responsibility for this issue, so please contact us at [email protected] and we will be happy to refund your purchase.

Thank you for your patience and continued support,

LLB Team

Never received the email.
  I rarely get their emails too. I don't understand it. I did check my account and saw that I had a tracking number, and I got a text yesterday saying it was on it's way. it's supposed to be here tomorrow! 

Full October spoiler on MSA!  Looks wonderful.
Oh I can't wait to get home and open up my box. I love that LLB sends me both email and text messages when my box is shipped/delivered. I don't know how they put together such awesome products at this price point, but I will use everything in this box. I'm glad I filled out my survey so they have my sizes. I love this subscription so much I dropped Popsugar for it! 

My box came today and while some of the items are really cute I dont think it's a homerun.   Baking/cooking is one of my favorite things to do so I was super excited for this theme.  I get they were trying to put a different spin on theme, 2 laundry items in a baking box disappointed me though.   i appreciate the stain remover thinking but 2 is a bit of overkill and I feel like another really fun kitchen, spice or food item would have really rounded out this box.  Is it a baking box or a laundry box ? I was also not a fan of any of the color variations I got (white pajama pants? they are kind of see thru and way way to big and long boooo! no thanks) Win some you lose some I guess.  The stone ware is lovely but super small.  Most of the time when I am cooking or baking its for like 4+ people so not sure if this will get much use it is cute but yellow would not be my color of choice.  The pajama pants  again were a cute idea but baking in slightly-sheer white pajama bottoms is a weird choice any other color I would have loved except for the fact they are super long and run big.  The spice bottle is nice it would have been nicer with some vanilla bean or cinnamon sticks.  The measuring spoons are super cute.  Wish the dip mix was included in the box and not just a code.  Its so easy to forget to redeem those codes. So while they did try to make this a really fun and different spin on a baking theme I m disappointed with all the laundry items and the color variations I received.  Oh well I hope everyone loves the items they get happy baking!

My box came today and while some of the items are really cute I dont think it's a homerun. Baking/cooking is one of my favorite things to do so I was super excited for this theme. I get they were trying to put a different spin on theme, 2 laundry items in a baking box disappointed me though. i appreciate the stain remover thinking but 2 is a bit of overkill and I feel like another really fun kitchen, spice or food item would have really rounded out this box. Is it a baking box or a laundry box ? I was also not a fan of any of the color variations I got (white pajama pants? they are kind of see thru and way way to big and long boooo! no thanks) Win some you lose some I guess. The stone ware is lovely but super small. Most of the time when I am cooking or baking its for like 4+ people so not sure if this will get much use it is cute but yellow would not be my color of choice. The pajama pants again were a cute idea but baking in slightly-sheer white pajama bottoms is a weird choice any other color I would have loved except for the fact they are super long and run big. The spice bottle is nice it would have been nicer with some vanilla bean or cinnamon sticks. The measuring spoons are super cute. Wish the dip mix was included in the box and not just a code. Its so easy to forget to redeem those codes. So while they did try to make this a really fun and different spin on a baking theme I m disappointed with all the laundry items and the color variations I received. Oh well I hope everyone loves the items they get happy baking!
Agree - I feel like while the mini stoneware dish is adorable to look at, am I gonna use it

if there is only one? Rarely, (so devious of LLB) they make you want to go to their website and order more (set of 2, in a green & blue $28?) I wish they'd ditched the crazy idea of the two clothing cleaners and sent two of the stoneware.... so I could have had four after ordering a set off their website. The cleaners I can't imagine gifting to anyone and I won't use them, they'll just sit on a shelf using up space. The dip mix I guess can be be used in the mini dish, if I can remember to order it after getting the code LOL!

My box also has the (ridiculously quoted price $28.99) white sheer pajama pants, but mine are just the opposite size wise! Short and small, in no way are they the XL indicated. ***At least you can carefully try to shrink yours!!!*** I had to laugh at the instructions to wash in cold water and hang dry! Not something I'm going to bother doing with pajama bottoms! An Apron would have been more warming to this box's theme, a fix on the size issues and more useful for holiday baking IMHO.

The measuring spoons are unusual, same brand as the stoneware baker. They look cute! As I handle them I foresee flustration in trying to use them, not so handy. They clink against each other continually and against my tiled counter top they'll not fair well, doomed to chip and crack in no time. This likely will end up gifted.

Nice of them to have included an extra item (bangle) for sending late....unfortunetly doesn't fit over my large hands. (repeat I know - would have been lovely to receive a second mini stoneware dish!) another item to gift.

Hoping others can get enjoyment and better use out of the contents of their boxes.

I actually love my box. I love the cute stoneware dish, mine is in sea blue. Think it goes well with the ceramic measuring spoons. I use small stoneware dishes like this when I make dips and things, so it works for me. Since it has now been named one of Oprah's favorite things, will be awhile before I can purchase more, but that's fine with me. And I'm into organic laundry detergents, so will be happy to give this one a try. My pj's fit just fine, my husband thought they were a bit loud as I get the yellow and red ones, but he's the only one to ever see them so I don't care lol. They are comfy, I am tickled to get another kilner jar, got one in the Serendipity and just love it. I even went and bought a set with the gift card I got from LLB for signing up for a full year subscription. I normally remember to use the codes that LLB sends, so that isn't an issue for me. Over all I was really happy with this month's box. Looking forward to the next one!

Oh and thought the added bangle was a really nice gift for the shipping delays, I love mine!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back