Bitterlace beauty Horror story !

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Barbie2

The Next Supreme I ordered the other highlighters as well except for the blood one because to me it looked / reminded me of period blood so I didnt think it was a good look for a eyeshadow / highlighter to begin with so didnt buy that one got all the other ones though so I spent a lot of money on them.I get the packages and all the highlighters were fine except the next supreme it looked like someone smashed it in it was all clumpy and in pieces and looked like it had been used and throw on the floor / dropped a few times.I was horrified .I cant really send it back / file a complaint about the order now seeing as how halloweens like practically tomorrow and I wont have a replacement one in time since too many people ordered them.I dont feel like waiting for it but how dissapointing is to to get makeup in the mail that looks like it was treated like trash ?

I was soo annoyed some of the highlighter wasnt even inside the compact it was falling out of the compact as I opened it I was like wow it looks like I used it at least 5 times already and I got some all over my hands when I opened the botched package.I literally was soo annoyed.Obviously in shipping it probably got thrown around a few times and I use the word a few times loosely this thing was beat up / damaged goods .Either that or I was just sent a crappy highlighter right off the bat and because they had so many orders no one really paid attention to how they were handling / packaging items.

Beware !!!!

Its a good thing I dont normally wear greyish - green charcoal eyeshadow

Also the candy corn one I ordered on her website you can specify if you would like more of a certain color and I said orange and I get the highlighter and their is very little orange on the top of the pan their is a ton of yellow and white though and I said I didnt like the white color that much so just put a little bit in  there , I was dissapointed this time normally I havent had an issue with orders from her before this even when PRISM was mailed to me it was fine and that was in much higher demand than the halloween collection and she didnt even have the highlighters in compacts then now in compacts but the highlighters been through world war 3.

Last edited:
That's a real bummer that it arrived damaged like that. Have you contacted the company to see if they can give you a refund? I ordered a highlighter too but haven't got it yet. I'm hoping it comes in one piece.

That's a real bummer that it arrived damaged like that. Have you contacted the company to see if they can give you a refund? I ordered a highlighter too but haven't got it yet. I'm hoping it comes in one piece.
No lately I have had to contact two companies about orders the one was the fragrant jewels who has yet to ship my bath bombs out . I wanted them for my birthday to use them during that week and my birthdays over and I didnt get them so that bothered me. I told them that they are sending me a free necklace or heart pendant thing and another chance to win a 10 thousand dollar ring .... but yeah my stuff still has not shipped .... so they said they had a ton of orders my complaining got me a free necklace there basically.

The other store was Macys I ordered in the summer an INGLOT amc lipgloss that was on backorder.Its october I still have not even recieved a shipping confirmation yet sooo yeah its not even on their website anymore the item so I have no idea what happened there. I  sent that email today also I  said customer service was terrible the lady hardly spoke any english when I talked to her over the phone.

I dont think I will be contacting bittelace about this issue  just because I dont have the patience to wait that long for a free replacement highlighter and or a refund.I will just be more careful with her in the future and mention packaging / fragile being written on my package under the notes section next time when I order.Plus I dont really have the time to take pics of the highlighter, post pics of the highlighter and email them to her .I work a job so it just gives me more work to do in a sense.

I think she is shipping them out this week I got mine Mon.It should be there soon and the two I ordered late came at the exact same time as the order I placed first.

Last edited:
Update - I went on instagram and saw that multiple / several people had the same thing happen to them so apparently I wasnt the only one who got screwed over here.Their highlighters looked exactly like mine clumpy /chunky and like they were mishandled by someone / poorly packaged.I did  email Jenna today about it telling her about my Next Supreme but I doubt I will get anything in return for this because I cant send it back and wait several months for her to re stock the product again.I kinda have to keep the crappy one I got for halloween and its not like she can give me a free prism in the future or anything.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bitterlacebeauty/?hl=en

Scroll down and you will see damaged highlighters of customers on the page.It was multiple different highlighters this happened to too not just the next supreme ...... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :bringiton:

when you load more .... like wtf happened here ???

Last edited:
My highlighter arrived damaged as well. It was all powder falling out of the container. I contacted them thru Etsy and got a response. They are sending a new one. Hopefully the new one arrives in one piece.

My highlighter arrived damaged as well. It was all powder falling out of the container. I contacted them thru Etsy and got a response. They are sending a new one. Hopefully the new one arrives in one piece.
Yeah I imagine this happened to a majority of the orders.She has not got back to me yet though so I dont know whats going to happen.Not a good look for people who are new to her brand and making their first purchase with her company.

Yeah so I got in touch with her she finally emailed me through esty basically saying to send her pics of the highlighter to I guess prove it looks like total shit which it does why would I lie about a crappy highlighter  to begin with ? it was like 20 dollars not 2 thousand dollars.Does she think I'am that dirt poor that I would lie about it just to get a free highlighter ? and the owner of bitterlace beauty is at least a millionaire and shes worried about sending me a replacement highlighter and needs proof  lol ridiculous .I dont even have a USB cable to hook up to my phone let alone upload any pics to my computer I dont even use facebook , instagram or twitter I have no need for that shit.I shouldnt need to prove that she sent out a highlighter that was damaged  to me when it happened to the majority of the orders she or whoever sent it knew it looked like shit to begin with so dont play games with me lady that pissed me off.She was like" hmmmm  okay "when I said I wasnt able to upload the photo  its like uh no b**tch you know your shit was damaged and looked like shit when you sent it out dont play games when you effed it up .Like dear god I was soo close to telling her off but just said forget it.Customers are number 1 if I say your product had an issue its your responsibility to provide another one I never in my life have had to require pics / photos of the product in order to get another one or my money back.In fact whoever sent the highlighter and packaged it up should of been the one sending you the photo of what it looked like not me that doesnt even make any sense why do I have to do ALL the work ....

Indie companies  just have no idea how to run a real business .... it bothers me the customer service is always crap with them and then they automatically assume your lying when you say the product isnt good.I spend a lot of money on makeup I have never in my life lied to get free swag / products.

Last edited:
I ended up sending her pics of mine and got a new one shipped. This time it arrived in one piece. Yeah usually companies don't require proof but since they are such a small company maybe they do it to protect themselves from people trying to possible fraud them.

I forgot to mention that if you have the etsy app on your phone, you can just upload the picture directly. I did that with mine. I found the order on the etsy app and sent an email through etsy and attached the picture directly from my phone so it made it easy without having to plug it in anywhere.

Just the fact she thinks people would lie about it though  bothers me .Like what am I gonna do sell the new one on ebay for a few hundrded and keep the crappy one  its not PRISM its not in high demand like that and the colors are a one time buy.

From a business standpoint you have to please your customers the customer is always right and if your merchandise is not up to standards thats gonna fall on you and your business to make up for it whether it be cash refunds or store credit or free merchandise or replacements.I have bought from revolve clothing ,neiman marcus , lord and taylor , nordstrom, shopbop , live love polish an indie website and never had any issues with customer service or had any problems.Even other small businesses I dont think would ask you to prove that the merchandise was shit why else would you return it ? lol.Victoria Secret has people who return used underwear with stains in them and they never even question people about that ... so yeah I have read that article about it lol.

Not only that but bitterlace beauty as a brand will go down in stock because of this incident people who were just buying like you got a highlighter damaged and thats not good for business that looks really really bad its bad for her to try and make it a bigger deal than it is when it was her fault to begin with.Own up to the fact you sold people a shit product and be done with it everyone who ordered should of got a free damn highlighter no questions asked .The people who were interested in buying her highlighters may not now due to the fact that this happened to them whos to say it wont happen again or with future PRISM's.

Last edited:
Yeah not happy about this .... still annoys me she said she cannot send me a replacement without proof / pictures of my order  :blabla:  Its as if she forget how many times I have ordered Highlighters from her in the past.Plus I just got a free necklace that looks really nice /expensive for free because fragrant jewels sent my bath bombs late because I complained  I got free jewelry and most of the time you do get good customer service but every now and then you get  this situation.

I seriously dont think I will be ordering from her again after this .... loyal customers paying customers should not be treated like this ....I was totally dissapointed 

This would never happen at MAC just sayin

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back