Which brushes are good for makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, 

Does anyone know which brushes are the best for a flawless makeup?

What brand would you recommend? 
-> Doesn't have to be expensive or cheap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigma are the most popular from what I see in many Youtube videos/ vloggers. I can't afford them though so I settled for Sedona Lace which many say they are very comparable with Sigma. Brushes are very dense and less to almost no shedding when washing them. I've heard many like ELF Studio brushes which I had when I started building my makeup kit. Get the black brushes, they are good for everyday use. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also I have a few Real Techniques brushes, very affordable and available in drugstores.

Hey, 

Does anyone know which brushes are the best for a flawless makeup?

What brand would you recommend? 

-> Doesn't have to be expensive or cheap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks
If you want brushes for fine, super detailed work, then I suggest fine liner and angle brushes from Ben Nye, and Kryolan, MAC has a few, and fine art paint brushes from art supply stores are a great investment as they are more affordable than make-up brushes. I find that other brands so-called liner brushes are either too thick, broad or fluffy for any type of detailed work.

However if you want run-of-the-mill type flat and fluffy brushes, then any brand will do regardless of their price point and they get the job done.

Luxie Beauty brushes are incredible they are one of my favorite brands. 20% off Luxie Beauty

7af23158ca1708e6af009671db81c2b6.jpg

13100799_1401050636587541_4467393821586745363_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The brush with marten hair are best use as it creates softness of fine lines and delicate areas. It's fibers allows easy application in the areas around the nose and the eyes. 

I've recently gotten an Artis oval brush. It is a bit on the expensive side, but it's worth every penny. I got the oval 7 which is a larger brush for foundation, and it has dramatically decreased the speed of applying foundation on my face. 

I love my Giorgio Armani Designer Foundation Brush. It is made up of synthetic fiber that is suitable for precise application on hard to reach areas around the nose and eyes. It is made up of synthetic fibers and blend of marten hairs popular for smooth and seamless application.

I really like Morphe brushes. Their monthly brush club is also an awesome deal. For $19.99 you get a great variety of brushes sent monthly. I used to be a subscriber but stopped because I have a little too many brushes now. I do use my Morphe ones constantly though and they are holding up very well.

Latest posts

Back