IPSY December 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an email from Ipsycare offering me to choose one of my own samples. I saw another girl on YouTube got the same email. Here's what it had in it.

Screenshot_2016-11-28-00-02-47.png

Screenshot_2016-11-28-00-02-54.png

Screenshot_2016-11-28-00-03-07.png

Screenshot_2016-11-28-00-03-15.png

Screenshot_2016-11-28-00-03-27.png

@ I got the same email, not very exciting sample choices at all! I emailed a few weeks ago asking to get a primer or bb cream in my next bag and she said they'd put in a MAKE primer. 

I received an email from Ipsycare offering me to choose one of my own samples. I saw another girl on YouTube got the same email. Here's what it had in it.
I wish I had gotten that email I'd love to have chosen the Ciate lipstick. I received one this month from ipsy and I love the formula but the shade was red. It's sad really, I have every color of lipstick checked on my profile except red. 

looks good! I'll be receiving my second glam bag in December..can't wait :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[SIZE=large] [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited about the bag. It looks really pretty. Love the color for the Holidays.

IPSY december glam bag 2016 spoilers.jpg

I wonder what the bag material is, it looks kinda like velour.

I thought I was going to love last months bag but it felt kinda cheap. I need a bag that can handle being tossed around in my purse.  My very first ipsy bag from 2012 is still going strong, I feel like they vary quite a bit in quality.

It does look like the bag could be velour. I'm using the last month's bag in my purse right now but I would have preferred the gold version instead of the silver one I got. It's ok for now for what I need. I'm using a purse that doesn't have any inside pockets and it's really annoying. So instead of trying to fish my makeup from the bottom of the tote, I figured I'll organize it in the bag. 

Glambags are live!

This month I am getting:

Hanalei Lip Treatment - I love lip treatments, so I am super excited for this one!
Beau Gachis Concealer Brush - Brushes are always nice to get, but I will probably be swapping this one

Naked Princess Luxe Shine Gloss in Truffle - Love a nice gloss

Ofra Bliss Eyeshadow / Highlighter - Excited!

Tarte Maracuja Oil - Will swap, but this is a good oil

Based on the other products being offered this month I would have to say that Ipsy did a pretty good job at curating my bag. Would have liked to try the Tarte lip paint, but I think that three lip products for one bag would have been pushing it a little bit.

What did you guys get?

My Bag
  • REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask - I know some people love this but I've tried it before and I honestly have never gotten the hype. Plus I know this will be a tiny tube.
  • Marc Anthony True Professional Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Deep Hydrating Treatment- I'm happy they sent me a hair product. I haven't gotten one in ages from them. They've sent me the hair spray from this line before and it quickly became my favorite. 
  • Ciate London Liquid Velvet Matte Lipstick in Pin Up - So I emailed them about picking a sample this month and they let me! This was my pick. I received the red from this same line last month. The formula is great but red is not my go to color so I look forward to having one I will actually wear. 
  • Nyx Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadow- I figured most of us would get this. I'm fine with Nyx as a brand but I really don't need eye shadow. Any color is fine but if I had to pick I want the purple. 
  • Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Face Primer - Despite this being something most people have tried I actually haven't. That being said I'm not a person who really uses primer because I feel that it clogs my pores. I own a few that work well with my skin but I don't have high hopes for this. 

Mom's Bag
  • Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Contol Gel - She loves hair products and has very dry curly hair so this is a win. 
  • Hanalei Lip Treatment- She can always use lip balm.
  • Nyx Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadow- She likes Nyx eye shadow but I'm hoping she gets a usable color. Either the chestnut or the green. 
  • Make Moonlight Primer- She doesn't use primer at all. 
  • Tarte Cosmetics Tartiest Lip Paint in wcw- She doesn't like berry lip colors. Unless this is fairly sheer and she can wear it I'll probably trade her for it. 
Overall this is a mixed month for both of us. She can probably use 3/5 of her products. All of mine are usable but wouldn't necessarily be top picks for me. I would have preferred hand cream, liquid eyeliner, or a brush over the primer, shadow, and mask. I'm not sure that the new profile questions are really helping any. I know she doesn't have berry lipstick marked or primer (and last month we both received red lipstick despite not marking it). As for me no primer or shadow marked (but I do like Nyx). 

My bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Hikari Cosmetics Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Iris - It's purple color...I'm excited to use this one!!!!

Smashbox Cosmetics Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformation - never used this before... so let's see

MicaBeauty Angle Eye Shadow Brush - In general I love collecting brush and keep replacing them with my old one so i'm happy with this product being in my bag

NYX Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadow - existed to use this one as well! Although I don't know which color i'm getting...

NIP + FAB Glycolic Fix Serum - this product is new to me... and I wouldn't mind trying...it.

This is my 2nd bag from Ipsy and I'm loving it!!!! 

Here is my December Ipsy bag:

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 1.02.53 PM.png

I'm excited for the NYX eyeshadow, Ciate matte lippie and the hand cream! 

I don't have curly hair so the gel will go up for swap, and I already have the tarte oil, so I'm swapping that too. 3/5 isn't bad for Ipsy.

I got my bag!

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

The hand lotion smells so yummy! I have a lot of hand creams but I love them, very happy with this item.

I'll trade the curl gel, my hair isn't curly but I think I had it checked in my profile, whoops. Oh well. If I can't trade it I might use it and see if it'll texturize my wavy hair.

I'm trading my tarte oil, I already have a bottle of this and I don't use it a lot.

I got punk heart eyeshadow, it's a purplish pink color, really pretty. I don't normally wear purple eyeshadows but this one is really pretty.

The matte lippie is just ok. I like the shade but matte lipstick takes some practice to look good.

Oh the bag is more pink than red, and it's kinda furry, it's soft. Fun, not one I'll use but it's cute in it's own way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else having trouble posting their reviews on Ipsy's website?  All I see is a message that no reviews have been posted, come back later, but there is no option to add my reviews.

Latest posts

Back