Trouble covering freckles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Halo,

I seem to be having trouble covering my freckles with foundation: I have pale skin and quite dark freckles and when I cover my freckles they turn a greyish colour and are still noticeable and also looks really cakey. The foundation is the exact match of my skin tone and I apply it with Real Techniques beauty blender. I have now tried 3 different foundations and non of them are working for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any advice?

The It Cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer completely covers my freckles, I'm not sure how light their line ranges but I use the neutral medium and its too light for me. Like, waaayyy too light. I'm not sure you can cover freckles with just foundation but I know there are also the cushion foundations that seem to cover any mark/blemish, that might be something else to try. I always thought that beauty blenders are more for blending, I learned that using a stippling brush and stippling on foundation gives way more coverage than my blender. For that I use a sonia kashuk duo fiber or a sigma f80.

It's a pretty heavy foundation and you only need a little bit to cover pretty much anything.. but why don't you try Estee Lauders double wear maximum cover camouflage makeup? I use it for days when my lupus is flaring up and my skin has a bad red rash.

The Milano conceal + perfect is pretty good for coverage and inexpensive. I'd recommend using it with an oval brush. I bought mines @ TJ Maxx for 10 bucks and I'm obsessed. Sometimes it's not only the foundation with lack of coverage but the applicator as well.

Halo,

I seem to be having trouble covering my freckles with foundation: I have pale skin and quite dark freckles and when I cover my freckles they turn a greyish colour and are still noticeable and also looks really cakey. The foundation is the exact match of my skin tone and I apply it with Real Techniques beauty blender. I have now tried 3 different foundations and non of them are working for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any advice?
Freckles are the most difficult thing to cover up. Using a full coverage creme foundation or a full coverage air brush foundation (2-3 passes) does the trick, but your foundation will look heavy and when you balance it out with the colour portion of your routine, you will look extremely made up.

I did the Google search for covering freckle and found th forums. I have one large freckle on the side if my face between my rihgt eye down to my jawline. I asked the doctor if it was a birthmark when I was little but he said freckle or birthmark it is what it is Anyway I wear a lot of hats with long hanging brims or a lot of scarfs up to just unde my eye but this isn't practical? Any tips for concealing one giant freckle instaed of lots of little ones please and sorry on my bad spelling. Thank you

Francis Anette

do you have one big freckle on your face? Apolgies if not I wonder if you have because you say you hate hat. I also hate wearing hats it makes it difficult to see! I have surfered from a lot of abuse about my face for many years thoug sometimes I feel tired I just wear a hat

I did the Google search for covering freckle and found th forums. I have one large freckle on the side if my face between my rihgt eye down to my jawline. I asked the doctor if it was a birthmark when I was little but he said freckle or birthmark it is what it is Anyway I wear a lot of hats with long hanging brims or a lot of scarfs up to just unde my eye but this isn't practical? Any tips for concealing one giant freckle instaed of lots of little ones please and sorry on my bad spelling. Thank you

Francis Anette
... One large freckle from your right eye down to your jawline???

Ok, that sounds like a birthmark, with the pigmentation of a freckle...

In simple terms:

At any rate, based on no information... You need to use a corrector with a medium sized concealer brush, make sure you blend out the edges very well! powder lightly, then apply your foundation and powder as per usual.

How to:

Your corrector needs to bring the overtone of your birthmark / freckle down to the shade of your natural skin tone. Then use your foundation as usual to balance out the undertone of your complexion. 

Concealers don't work because they are blue blockers, and freckles are not blue, they are brown / orange. That's why concealers are made for under the eyes and not for freckles or acne... Ok I digress...

The reason freckles are so difficult to cover is that they are in the brown colour family. Which means you need a corrector that has a blue to purple undertone to it... A brown blocker. Again based on skin tones, browns and oranges can be either warm, cool or neutral. So you need to figure that part out if your freckle is a warm brown or a cool brown. 

(Ok when I say the corrector has a blue or purple undertone to it, I mean it should not look blue or purple, but it should look like a foundation shade.) 

Ben Nye and Kryolan's Dermacolor line both have a great range of correctors for all skin types, tones and shades. A consultation or a corrector colour chart will definitely help you out in choosing the right shade.

The It Cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer completely covers my freckles, I'm not sure how light their line ranges but I use the neutral medium and its too light for me. Like, waaayyy too light. I'm not sure you can cover freckles with just foundation but I know there are also the cushion foundations that seem to cover any mark/blemish, that might be something else to try. I always thought that beauty blenders are more for blending, I learned that using a stippling brush and stippling on foundation gives way more coverage than my blender. For that I use a sonia kashuk duo fiber or a sigma f80.
Thanks for the advice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have you tried NYX HD concelear? It's not pricey, but it has amazing coverage and it blends nice.

Back