BAD SKIN HELP

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is my skin and it is really sore it has been like it for the past month and I don't know if it is acne or something else, but what skincare products would help this at the moment I use normal soap to wash my face and st ives apricot exfoliator

IMG_1134.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MUT @! Skin problems can be so frustrating and sometimes it's really hard to find the cause. This looks like it could be acne. How many times a week do you use the St Ives Apricot? It might be too much for your skin. Sometimes over exfoliating can cause problems. Have you changed moisturizers recently? What type of moisturizer do you use? Do you use a toner? Toners are good to balance the ph of the skin after washing.

this is my skin and it is really sore it has been like it for the past month and I don't know if it is acne or something else, but what skincare products would help this at the moment I use normal soap to wash my face and st ives apricot exfoliator
Sorry to hear you are having skin problems. I have heard that the St Ives is not a good product as it is a bit harsh on the skin. I have had the best of luck with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid to clear acne. It is a gentle exfoliating product that cleared my skin of stubborn acne and I have had clear skin ever since, going on 7 years now. I have recommended this product to many friends and other MUT members and they have all had great results from it.

I would say defiantly put down the soap and st ives apricot exfoliator down!

the soap is really harsh on your skin. its drying and not mean't to clean impurities off of your face, just hands or other things. the st ives exfoliator should only be used once or twice a week. over use can lead rough up your skin. 

it looks like your skin is reacting (acne breakouts) to these things. 

my suggestions: 

be sure to use a cleanser and moisturizer (even if you have oily skin) at night after you remove your makeup. 

my favorite cleanser (to fight acne), its Vichy Normaderm Daily Deep Cleaning Gel. Its $17.99 at Target, but don't be scared by the price! I use it everyday and it lasts me half of a year, no joke. Its worth it because you actually save money by not having to buy a face wash monthly. Just need one pump and it covers your whole face well. here's the link: http://www.target.com/p/vichy-normaderm-daily-deep-cleansing-gel-200-ml/-/A-14897205

my great facial moisturizer is CeraVe PM. it restores your skin's natural barrier and keeps your skin fresh and clean. you can get this at Target for $12 to $13. 

taking care of your skin is so important! if you have more issues, look into a dermatologist to getting some help! <3 

When my daughter had acne I suggested she first spoke to a dermatologist which she did and his response was that she would grow out of it because it was due to hormones! Not a good answer for her. We went into Holland & Barrett and with the input from the sales person we got Tea Tree Oil and Tea Tree ointment. MD then followed a very simple regime - bought Clarins cleansing milk w/Gentian (her skin is combination - oily) used evening & morning; mixed 2 teaspoons of Tea Tree oil with 2 mugs of cool water and drenched a clean facecloth in the liquid & held it over her face & kept doing this until all the liquid had been used. Dried face with clean towel and applied Tea Tree cream with a clean bud (for each acne spot). It took approx. 1 month to lose the "redness" of the acne and another month to see a real improvement. She kept using the Tea Tree oil rinses and the Tea Tree cream for around 6 months in total and has not looked back. I hope this helps you just a little. Remember always use clean face cloths, clean buds, clean hands.

Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together until they are thoroughly blended and have formed a sort of paste. Apply the mask to your face (or spot treat) and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off completely, and pat your face dry. 

This will surely give you best results.

Ohh!! You really need to take better care of your skin and its high time. You should see a dermatologist and stop using the exfoliater and the soap that you use currently. I highly recommend Aloe Vera to all, I love Aloe Vera, You should try Aloe vera gel. It would be great if you take Aloe Vera gel from the Aloe Vera plant itself. If not possible, you can try Aloe Vera gel and face masks available in the market. For exfoliation you should go for Dead sea mud. You may try Dead sea mask from ibeautylabs available on amazon.It works wonders for me. 

I'm sorry about your problem I had sooooo bad skin growing up and I would buy all the products that said it would fix it, but nothing ever really helped. Then one day I just became really lazy and only washed my face with soap and then moisturize afterwards, then my skin became much better! My skin was very sore to and I got many purple spots everywhere and nothing helped except the soap and moisturizer. Maybe also try to get some sun, but stay safe.

1.    The results of Hydrabelle is over my expectations. I'm full of beans in the bed since I started using this skin care product. It does not just work on your skin, entire body and your mind get the results too. Increased stamina and boosted libido are plus points of this amazing product. 

Latest posts

Back