Concealing dark area under eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For hiding dark circles you should apply primer first then apply concealer on eyes followed by eye shadow.

You know what I think you should try to get rid of dark circles by under eye cream is available in market to be applied on eyes both time day or night. you will see the differences in few months.

Eye shadow? Doesn't that darken? I'm trying to lighten to match the rest of my skin. I'm a male.

Which primer and concealer do I use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Welcome to MUT @@icor1031! Not sure about your budget for the primers and concealers by NYX are good if you are on a budget. If you can spend more, the Laura Mercier secret concealer is really good. It's best to apply it with a concealer brush and only use a little bit and use the brush to really smooth it out so it's not obvious. You can use translucent powder on top to set it in place and to help it last longer. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics have an awesome foundation/concealer multi use product that is really good too. Brush is the best way to apply it but fingers work in a pinch too. It's best to start with a tiny amount though and build it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I know what colors to get?
You would want to match your face or just a shade lighter if you want to brighten your eyes but you don't want it to be obvious or look really light in pictures.

What about the makeup color correctors? I've seen a lot of youtube tutorials on using them. I've seen people use them with flawless results for dark eye circles. But I think the color you pick is based on your undertones. They come in red, yellow, green, etc. I've never used them before but I'm thinking about trying the red since I'm a darker skin tone.

use the Bobbi Brown face base primer and the Tarte shape tape concealer to cover dark circles 

For dark circles, try out Maybelline's Camouflage concealer (you can get this at any store that sells drugstore brands, like Target, Walmart...ect). I actually recommended this product to someone who had surgery on their face and it left a huge black eye! He put the concealer on and it nearly disappeared! I use it myself nearly daily, and it works wonders.

If you are looking for a little bit more spendy (like Ulta or Sephora), try out IT Cosmetics bye bye under eye. A little goes a looooooong way!

Good luck!

To cover dark circles under your eyes, choose the right concealer. Most people will be perfectly fine using a concealer with said undertones to neutralize and brighten. But if that doesn't do the trick, use a  color corrector—pink works on fair skin and peach on medium to dark tones—before layering concealer on top.

Hi! Welcome to MUT @@icor1031! Not sure about your budget for the primers and concealers by NYX are good if you are on a budget. If you can spend more, the Laura Mercier secret concealer is really good. It's best to apply it with a concealer brush and only use a little bit and use the brush to really smooth it out so it's not obvious. You can use translucent powder on top to set it in place and to help it last longer. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics have an awesome foundation/concealer multi use product that is really good too. Brush is the best way to apply it but fingers work in a pinch too. It's best to start with a tiny amount though and build it from there.
YES!

I think you should use foundation in order to hide your dark circles. If you get confused about your skin complexions then prefer testing foundation on your skin. 

To cover dark circles under your eyes, choose the right concealer. Most people will be perfectly fine using a concealer with said undertones to neutralize and brighten. But if that doesn't do the trick, use a  color corrector—pink works on fair skin and peach on medium to dark tones—before layering concealer on top.
I completely agree! Start off with an eye cream, after that dries, use a color correcting concealer. e.l.f. makes a corrective color palette and color correcting sticks that are both affordable and effective. After blending in the color corrector, apply your regular concealer.

Latest posts

Back