Starting a YouTube channel and what to upload first?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! Hope your all well!

Basically I'm starting a YouTube channel in the next few weeks, I do natural neutral looks and know a few hacks I think will be helpful for people, I am also interested in doing hair tutorials and have a lot of tattoos and history of piercings so can give advice on these topics too.

My only issue is, I am not sure what video to upload first? I'm thinking a chatty get ready with me but am unsure.

Also, I have a lot of drugstore makeup and a few high end items but don't wear false eyelashes as I have no idea how to apply them and don't even own a highlighter yet.

So I think I'm just looking for some advice on a first video and if you guys think I should invest in a few more high end items now for my videos or pick it up as I go along. And should I start trying out false eyelashes now or maybe try eyelash extensions?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post! I have no one else to ask!

Isabelle Singleton

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome! I would defiantly say get into knowing more about popular used items.

Higher end cosmetics are usually the hottest items and people want to know more about.

Lower end cosmetics are good as well because its nice to know what works and what doesn't. 

A few tips:

Be confident!!

Keep videos at a good length of time, rambling & going off topic can lead to people getting uninterested in what your video(s) is truly about. 

Always practice off camera. Practice will help your video to go smoother and will cut less mistakes! 

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back