Birchbox January 2017 Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the January 2017 box and some possible spoilers:

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 3.17.09 PM.png

Looks to me like:

Klorane dry shampoo

Wilma Schumann Skincare Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads

Eyeko Skinny Mini eyeliner

Chella eyebrow gel and 

Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil.

If that's the featured box for January I'm def going to pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The featured box is the one that @@Bizgirlva posted above. BB is partnering up with Self for January.

The sample choices are:

R+Co Clarifying shampoo

R+Co Gel Conditioner

Arrow water resistant mascara

Sunday Riley Good Genes treatment

The sample choice opens December 27th for Aces and the 28th for everyone else.

It's so hard to pick, I want all the sample choices, but I'll probably go with Sunday Riley. I figure Birchbox will send me the other choices either with January or a future box. I'll certainly buy the featured box for the cleansing oil alone.

So, Lorelei is working out in that bulky pullover and ballet shoes? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That curated box looks good, I may pick it up if they sell it separately.

I think I'll go for the Sunday Riley product and get the curated separate if it will be available.

Birchbox put 50 free points in my account so I put in a super small order of the Clean perfume sampler ($7) and the curated box from January ($10), paid for with points so my total was a big fat 0. I chose the Sunday Riley sample for my PYS, I've never heard of it so it'll be nice to try something new.

My box is up already!

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 1.02.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 1.02.24 PM.png

Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment was my sample choice. I was hoping I'd get the R&Co shampoo and condition set and I did. 

I'm also getting Juliette Has a Gun MMMM which appears to be a new scent. I like the notes so I'm looking forward to trying it. Also getting Burt's Bees Lipstick and NUXE Moisturizer Cream Crème Fraiche de Beauté. I've tried both of those samples elsewhere. Not a bad box overall.

Tons of things in the 30% off sale, it's like they are clearing out a good portion of their inventory. I was tempted by some if the sets, but instead used my $5 bonus to purchase a Hum beauty powder. I swore I was done with birchbox after they changed their points system, but they keep reeling me back in with the free shipping, gwp's, and surprise points.

I did notice quite a few non sale things seem to be out of stock, so I'm not sure what that means.

Tons of things in the 30% off sale, it's like they are clearing out a good portion of their inventory. I was tempted by some if the sets, but instead used my $5 bonus to purchase a Hum beauty powder. I swore I was done with birchbox after they changed their points system, but they keep reeling me back in with the free shipping, gwp's, and surprise points.

I did notice quite a few non sale things seem to be out of stock, so I'm not sure what that means.
I surprised how good the selection is. I was really tempted on a few things. I ended up getting an Amika set and Beauty Protector Blond shampoo.

I had ordered the curated box separate and it came today. I'm really happy I got it. Thanks for the idea to order it MUT ladies! I can't wait to try the Shiseido cleaning oil and I can always use more dry shampoo. I never thought I would say that with all the sub boxes but I do. lol I like Klorane dry shampoo anyhow. Overall I think this is a great curation. I'll set aside the Wilma Schumann eye patches and the Eyeko eyeliner for the next circular swap round but I'll use everything else.

My box came. I think it's ok but I've gotten better boxes. I look forward to trying the brow pencil even though I don't usually use brow products at least not on a daily basis. The Sunday Riley was my sample choice. I also picked two add-ons, the Coastal scents brush cleaner and the Benefit Dallas blush.

IMG_5998.JPG

Those are the same things that are in my box, the brow pencil looks fullsize but it doesn't look dark enough. Hopefully it will be, my box isn't here yet but I can't wait to smell the perfume. I like Juliette Has A Gun but still haven't found a scent that I actually LOVE from them. 

Grrr I need to stop taking a chance with Birchbox. I feel like it never gives me anything I want.

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette- I'm good on eye shadow. I really need to use up what I have and I'm not even wearing it very much. My routine lately has been a quick swipe of ColourPop Tea Party eye shadow and some winged liner. The last Coastal Scents eye shadow I received was not very impressive. 

Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel- I really like simple basic skin care and sticking to what I know that works.I don't even use moisturizer samples for this very reason. I'll probably try it once and use the rest on my feet or something. 

Balance Me Congested Skin Serum- I prefer for my acne products to have either BHA or AHA. I also noticed this has lavender in it. The last two times I've used a skin care product containing lavender I broke out in a rash. 

Number 4 L'eau de Mare Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner- This brand isn't awful but I prefer cleansing conditioner to regular old shampoo and conditioner. 

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue- This is my everyday fragrance so at least I don't hate the perfume sample. 

I was hoping for the Burts Bees Lipstick or some hair styling products. I'm really not that hard to please but they always miss the mark with me. Lipstick, mascara, liquid eyeliner, sheet masks, bb cream, hair styling products, all of these things I usually want to get. It's annoying to not get even one. Especially on a profile where you have makeup selected as the thing you want the most and get 1/6. I feel like Birchbox targets women older than me with a more conservative use of makeup. They get me with the promo codes every time though. I need to exercise some restraint!

Latest posts

Back