I'm new to this lipstick stuff...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just started investing in lipsticks quite recently, especially bodyshops liquid matte lipstick range. With many drugstore lipsticks though, they fade without me eating anything, even when I try the usual routine of putting powder on etc. 

And the corners of my mouth get dry too (i'm assuming because of my eczema) which leaves me looking like a clown half the time. Any tips or suggestions? 

Welcome to MUT @! I find liquid lipsticks to be a real pain to get to look right to be honest. Some brands perform better than others. The results are the best if your lips are in great shape. I use a lip balm and night to help my lips stay moisturized. Exfoliating lip scrubs help too. I really like Colourpop because of the price and the products are great.

Your lips need to be regularly exfoliated- try using sugar, or coffee , like some natural ingredients. Matte lipsticks are very complex to apply without getting very patchy, but don't worry you will learn by time.

I've just started investing in lipsticks quite recently, especially bodyshops liquid matte lipstick range. With many drugstore lipsticks though, they fade without me eating anything, even when I try the usual routine of putting powder on etc. 

And the corners of my mouth get dry too (i'm assuming because of my eczema) which leaves me looking like a clown half the time. Any tips or suggestions? 
Lipsticks are meant to be reapplied throughout the day.

Like @@Reija has already mentioned above, using a lip balm before application is key. I recommend using  a medicated lip balm at first based on your post and then switching to a regular lip balm.

Also liquid lipsticks are very notorious for drying out lips. So avoid them at all costs!

Using a lip liner before applying a lipstick will prevent you from looking like a clown as you say, as they prevent lipsticks from bleeding and feathering. It will also make your lipstick last longer. Don't use powder on your lips as they will dry out your lips and change the intensity of the colour, and remember, lipsticks are always meant to be reapplied throughout the day! How many times is up to you.

HTH cheers!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try using Colourpop Ultra matte Lipsticks.

They are good for the price and have a quality at the same time.

Try exfoliating ur lips to make them smooth before u apply matte lipsticks.

Apply balm before u put on any matte lipsticks.

I also have v dry lips but i do this technique and i found colourpop gave me best results in matte finish so far.

you can view my Swatches tips and reviews on this product too.

111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MUT @! I find liquid lipsticks to be a real pain to get to look right to be honest. Some brands perform better than others. The results are the best if your lips are in great shape. I use a lip balm and night to help my lips stay moisturized. Exfoliating lip scrubs help too. I really like Colourpop because of the price and the products are great.
i absolutely agree

Latest posts

Back