DESPERATE HELP - MY HAIR IS A DISASTER!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I really need your help... I have short hair atm, and would really like to grow it long, as short hair doesn't really suit me at all

The only thing is my hair must be really SENSITIVE, because it dries up and and gets damaged very easily and always has dead ends and looks really damaged whenever I try to grow it long - which results in me having to cut it short again
It's really weird, I can have really good strong healthy looking hair one day, and the next morning when I wake up it's dry & damaged (it just doesn't make sense to me)

I have read up heaps online about ways to protect your hair & prevent it from getting damaged - I only wash my hair once or twice max per week, and i never brush my hair while it is wet to prevent damage... but still it is dry & damaged

I have tried heaps of different types of deep conditioner treatments, oil treatments, and every natural remedy that you can think of - coconut oil, olive oil, argon oil, avocado, honey, aloe vera, onion, banana, egg, mayonnaise etc... but nothing really seems to help

I have even used a product cureplex on numerous occasions (which is basically the same thing as olaplex) and even that didnt work... if anything it made my hair worse

Can you recommend any product/treatment from your range that you think will actually help in strengthening my hair??? because as I said I have tried pretty much everything with no luck.
Thanks for any help in advance, really appreciate it
Regards,
Justin

How often do you use heat on your hair? Do you dye your hair? Maybe that is the problem.

Hi, 

I'm so sorry to hear that! I bleach and color my hair a lot so hair care is on the top of my list. 

Things I do to help with my hair:

1. Only wash it once a week

2. Do not dry it with a towel, only dry it with a cotton tshirt

3. Try not to blow dry your hair

4. Always use a heat protectant when using heat products like a curling or straightening iron.

5. use hair masks and hair oils. 

Hope this helps! 

Have you heard of Monat before? That's what I have started to use and my hair has been very damaged from constantly dyeing it and frying it and right now this is the softest it's ever been!

Have you seen a doctor? Is there a possibility of thyroid imbalace or other issue that migh cause hair loss?

Maybe all this is happening to you because of excessive use of heating tools like hair dryers and irons. Secondly, it could happen as a result of malnutrition diet or else not taking care of your hair in a gentle way. Whatever may be the case is, you need to consult a dermatologist, however, if you are using heating tools excessively then you should use heat protectant sprays like Thermalstyleher.

I restored my badly damaged hair (dried & broken ends) my hairdresser had to cut 2" off hair length and she told me to get Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil hair repair system. It took me about 5 months following their regime but it is worth it. I still use it today but only for 1 hair wash in every 6 (for the other 6 I use Optima Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner).

Latest posts

Back