Growing Hair Out thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see a previous thread for people who wanted to log their hair growth journey and share tips on long hair care so I thought I'd start one. Please let me know if a previos thread exists.

I'm currently growing out a horrible shoulder length over layered hair cut. My hair has a two decade long history of being bleached blonde, relaxed, and Brazilian Blowouts. Currently I have an inch of new natural growth. 

I don't have a goal per se for my hair, but I would like it to at least align with my waist in length and I would like it to be healthy and brunette again!.

Thanks for starting one @@19ten20! Congrats on your growth! Are you taking vitamins? Prenatal vitamins can help with hair and Biotin too but it takes a few months to get the results.

Hi Reija,

Yes! I take vitamins, but I have various health isses that sometimes hinder hair growth. However, my main problem in mainain the length and health of my hair that I already have.

Regular trims help to keep the hair healthy and hair seems to grow better that way too. I have some health issues too that have caused my hair to change. It's not as full as it used to be and doesn't grow as fast. If I take extra vitamins my hair seems to grow faster and overall look better. If I don't, my hair doesn't grow as much. Also letting the hair just dry naturally helps. I love to use Bumble and & Bumble cream that is meant for air drying or TGk Rich Kids cream from Sephora (despite the name, the cream actually works). I use it in my hair when it's towel dry and let it dry naturally and my hair is so much better to style after and looks and feels fuller too. I try not to blow dry my hair too often because it breaks easier too so I have to be careful. 

Hi Reija,

Yes! I take vitamins, but I have various health isses that sometimes hinder hair growth. However, my main problem in mainain the length and health of my hair that I already have.

Yes, I agree with Reija that trimming your hair every now and then can help in increasing your hair length together with health. Moreover, you could try massaging your hair and scalp with some essential hair oils like mustard, olive, almond, coconut, jojoba etc. Besides, you can also try castor oil, as it will help you in increasing your hair growth rate 3-5 times than the normal.

Latest posts

Back