What do you ladies think about prenatal pills For luscious strong hair growth?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have heard many many times, even by older women that they swear by prenatal vitamins, that they really make the hair grow super strong,thick and shiny, and its also great for skin and nails!! on the other hand I have seen that biotin has a huge popularity when it comes to hair care (it's actually known to be the best for hair growth) What do you think would be the best?

Or which ones do you recommend, that perhaps nobody knows of  for hair growth but has worked for you or someone else recommend it?! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used prenatals during my pregnancies and my hair grew like crazy but pregnancy hormones can do it too. I also used prenatals for a while after and they seemed to work better for me than biotin. My hair stylist said that biotin is great but takes about 2-3 months to see results. I personally like prenatals better.

I am pregnant now and have been using prenatal vitamins since the beginning. Hair & nail growth is because of the pregnancy hormones, not because of the vitamins per se. Prenatal is a cocktail of vitamins, so if you don't have deficiency of some vitamins in it, it won't be suitable for you since having over-dose of some vitamins is not good for your body as well. I would recommend Biotin or Hair-Nails vitamins. I have used them before pregnancy and they helped with my hair fall. Keratin is also great for hair growth, you can try the spray at-home keratin treatments or professional keratin treatments in a salon.

If you decide on using prenatal, I would consult it with your doctor first.

When I've taken prenatals (not while pregnant), I haven't noticed a change in my hair.  My nails tend to grow faster and stronger, but they do that on a daily multivitamin too.
My hair has grown, but what I notice more is that my nails are supeeer long.Il try to post a pic!

Latest posts

Back