Drew Barrymore Makeup Tips - Moisturizer over foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I watched this video that shows Drew Barrymore and her morning makeup routine. In the video she pats moisturizer on with her finger tips after applying the foundation. I've never tried that but will now. Does anyone else do it that way? I guess it's more like setting spray but instead of setting spray she uses moisturizer and pats it in which adds extra moisture.

Here are the steps from her video (looks like a lot of steps but it goes quickly:

1. Foundation stick
  2. Highlighter
  3. Contour
  4. Blush
  5. Moisturizer patted in
  6. Lip Liner
  7. Lipstick
  8. A little bit of lipstick on cheeks
  9. Powder
  10. concealer
  11. Mascara

Here is a link to the video:

https://thescene.com/watch/vogue/drew-barrymore-on-the-go-makeup?source=player_scene_logo

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard before that people do reapply moisturizer after makeup but has not personally tried it. I have oily skin whatever I apply fades away easily, so I avoid using moisturizers instead I use powder. But still whenever I apply foundation/BB cream it melts away within a couple of hours. A colleague suggested me to apply product with tool like éponge silicone she saw on this page that spreads foundation evenly and assure that it fills all pores so that makeup last longer. In the above video the makeup procedure looks very easy. The makeup procedure for oily skin will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

This is actually a great idea! I must try it out, I guess it is dedicated to girls with dry skin.

Latest posts

Back