Birchbox February 2017 Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is what appears to be the February featured box for Birchbox.

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 12.35.02 PM.png

Looks like it contains:

• The beauty crop PB&J Smoothie stick
  • R&Co Death valley Dry shampoo
  • Bumble & Bumble Repair blow dry
  • Acure Purifying fruit peel
  • Dr. Jart+ water drop moisturizer

I would try every one of those, hopefully they have some nice PYS choices next month. That reminds me, I haven't even got this month's box yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The sample choice video is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVI611UFsT4

It's all about lips for Feb. The three items for sample choice are:

• Manna Kadar Lip Locked Stain in Rosette, 
  • Laqa & Co Avo Lip Butter in Ninza, and
  • Dr. Lip Miracle Balm
The featured box has some changes to what's posted above:

The Beauty Crop PB&J Smoothie Stick is in Saucy Marsala

Instead of the dry shampoo there is Clean Reserve Perfume in Amber Saffron

Instead of the Dr. Jart Water drop there is Vasanti Eye Wonder 2.0 Super Powered Eye cream

What are you guys going to pick?

I think I'm going with the Laqu & Co lip butter!

Oh sample choice is next week Jan 26/27 depending if you're an ACE or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably choose the Laqa, its not a color I usually wear but the formula sounds like something I need. And I'll probably buy the curated box because I'm getting hooked on perfume samples and the eye cream is something I'd actually like to try.

I just came back to bb since I missed it so much! If I get to pick I'll probably pick laqa because I read the manna kadar is sticky :/ it may be too dark on me but it looks pretty!

Boxes are up! Mine has the Manna kadar (my PYS), Helmut Lang Cuiron fragrance (supposedly for men AND women...), Davines SU Hair and Body Wash, Balance Me Congested Skin Serum, and Supergoop Eye Cream.

I've been wanting to try the Balance Me Serum for a long time so I'm happy to be getting it, the Helmut Lang and Supergoop will probably never get used. I'll definitely try the Davines so 3/5 isn't so bad I guess. I keep forgetting that I have to buy the curated box, I hope it doesn't sell out anytime soon, they just put up some kits in the gwp section that are so tempting.

Weird.

I picked the Laqa & Co lip butter for my sample choice but my box shows a box that's almost the identical to the featured box:

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 1.15.40 PM.png

The only difference is this box has the  pūr~lisse pūr~lip comfort daily lip nourisher instead vasanti eye cream. I hope this changes because I bought the featured box. 

Bah Birchbox emailed me and said I'm not getting my sample choice

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 2.48.23 PM.png

Also my box will be the one posted above which is a near duplication of the featured box I already bought so I chatted with Birchbox and asked for points.  They gave me 100. I guess that's about all I can expect.

I'm super bummed. oh well.

Bah Birchbox emailed me and said I'm not getting my sample choice

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 2.48.23 PM.png

Also my box will be the one posted above which is a near duplication of the featured box I already bought so I chatted with Birchbox and asked for points.  They gave me 100. I guess that's about all I can expect.

I'm super bummed. oh well.
Same.  My sample choice didn't end up in my box this month either.

Did you all see the Birchbox subscription options ?

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2017/02/new-birchbox-subscription-option-coupon.html#comments

Looks like if you "upgrade" you get to opt out of some sample types (that's about the only benefit I found to be notable.  The box fix it kits seems like they'll just send you one of their pre-packaged boxes that you can by from the shop, or used to I don't know if they still sell them.

When I clicked the link from the MSA page my upgrade cost was $14/box so I bit for $4 more a month. But when I clicked the link the morning on my laptop it said my cost was $18/box. I wouldn't do it for that much.

Mine says $16, I would opt in if it was $14 though. Its almost like they're bringing the points back, but only if you choose the option to get points instead of a box that month and really, 10 points versus the old 50-70 points is almost laughable.

The beauty fix-it boxes sound like the kits they already have in the shop,and that reminds me that I answered a survey a few weeks ago about my birchbox, they asked me why I didn't pick the option to switch my box that month with one of the kits that was offered. I had no idea about that and wrote that I probably would have picked a kit had that been offered to me when PYS choice time came around. I haven't even been offered this anyway and I've been a non-stop subscriber since 2012 so I'm a bit miffed.

I wasn't emailed about the new offer. I just clicked the link on the MSA page and it popped up. I'm not sure how well promoted this "upgrade" was, seems a little sloppy. And the different price points are so random.

My Birchbox arrived. No sample choice :(  This upgrade option better be worth it or I might just opt to get the featured box each month and revert back to the $10/month option. I feel sad about birchbox it used to be SO good.

IMG_2644.JPG

Latest posts

Back