Sephora Play March 2017 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the thread for the Sephora Play March box. Any spoilers out there yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
MSA has spoilers for two of the boxes. I'm getting 575 and I'm looking forward to trying the NARS liquid lipstick.

ETA: Sorry about that! Well, fingers crossed March is good.

Looks like there is 1 spoiler out and this is a Glamglow illuminating moisturizer. Quite interesting.

I bet we're going to get that Lancome metallic liquid lipstick that Sephora just offered with a code. It seems like they do that a lot and it would fit the theme.

Here is a picture of the glam glow. So excited to get this!

sephora play box march 2017 spoilers.jpg

Mine came today!

Urban Decay primer potion, Benefit Watt's Up, Verb Ghost oil (for hair), Josie Maran finishing balm and the Glam Glow glowstarter.

After years with Ipsy and about six months with Play! this is my favorite sample box ever!! Old faithful plus some new products I'm excited about

Got mine today. The perfume sample is atelier cologne clementine california.

IMG_5200.JPG

I'm getting 451, and meh towards it. I have a small bottle of the Becca Opal already and don't use GlamGlow (breaks me out, and how many times does it have to keep showing up in Play?). I have fine hair, so I hope the oil doesn't weigh it down. People are saying if you selected frizzy hair in your profile, that's why they sent it. With them promoting all of those new highlighters this month, like Cover FX, I would have hoped one of those had shown up in the boxes.

Someone has posted a breakdown of each box value going back to October. Don't know how accurate it is, but if it is correct, it's ridiculous that some of the values are almost $20 apart. If you love the box that's fine, but if you don't, I can see why people would be mad. They have had some months when it was pretty close. I preferred the box when there was no variation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9kxkrvJL98oV0xSbmNyYU5IajQ/view

Here is the page where they do the breakdown for March: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BeautyBoxes/comments/5zj1jk/sephora_play_march_2017_full_spoilers_and_retail/?st=J0AZTOSN&sh=81f4db68

I got 469 and wasn't really excited this month, except for the Atelier cologne, which is AH-MAZING!!!! Other than that, not excited about anything. The Josie Maran sample I got, I thought was a nice sized little pot, only to open it and see its only 1/4 full. Add to that it was super greasy and oily. 

I got the #444 bag like @Bizgirlva. I'm really happy with everything in it.

I got #444 which seems to be the highest value. Honestly if I were to pick I would have went with #451 despite it having the second lowest value. I wish they would stop sending Glamglow as well. I always seem to get it in subscription boxes and have not found one item by them that I like. Most of their products cause me to breakout, burn my skin, and are over priced. Not to mention the product featured this month had a very overwhelming scent to it that made me sick. The Living Proof item may be alright but I haven't tried it yet because I know it will be smelly. I was kind of interested in the Josie Maran but there's nothing really to it. The pot was half filled and I can get the same look by just dabbing on a little extra moisturizer. The Benefit highlighter was also a bust because I have multiples I haven't used stashed away. The Bobbi Brown eye shadow was the only thing I will really use. I have a thing for pink eye shadow. I obviously have no use for the perfume either. 

I wish they would send me some Drunk Elephant products but they never do. I actually really like that brand and would be willing to pay the price tag if I could just sample some more of their stuff first. I at least got the Bite Beauty stick last month that I'd been dying to try. Overall looking at past boxes I seem to get one or maybe two products out of each box that I'll use. I feel like I may just be better off buying the items that I want from Sephora.

Latest posts

Back