Birchbox March 2017 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'll pick up the featured box, as an extra but I'm torn between the liner or the face cream for sample choice. 

I've used the Kiehl's face cream. I got the sample from somewhere. It was ok. I liked it but I don't think it was anything that special. I'll probably go with the curated box.

Here is a pic of the curated box

birchbox march 2017 curated box.jpg

Yeah and the sample size is so small for the moisturizer, like .25 oz. I'll get more use from the liner.  

I picked the liner and bought the featured box separately. I still hope I get the cream as part of my box.

I ended up going with the curated. I almost bought it separate and was going to go with the liner too but ended up just choosing the curated box.

I picked the liner too, its not something I have but out of the three its probably something that I'd use right away. I mean, I'm not a person who complains about getting sample size mascaras cause I love them but my stash is pretty well stocked right now. And while I love the Kiehl's, I'm still working on the Aloette serum from Boxycharm so it would just take up space. And I'm loving the box for March, its such a pretty blue.

Just checked my box preview, looks like I'm set to receive Beauty Protector Protect and Volume, Paula's Choice Anti-Aging Eye Cream, a Benefit Double the Lip sample, Real Chemistry Fresh-Start Foaming Cleanser, Arrow Eyeliner and Eye Brightener (I didn't realize this would have a liner on one end),and R+Co Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. I'm actually happy about everything, I just hope the sizes aren't too small.

I think the eyeliner/eye brightener sample choice item is just the eye brightener side, not the full size shown in the preview.

I think the eyeliner/eye brightener sample choice item is just the eye brightener side, not the full size shown in the preview.
That's good to know. And I just tried to get my box to load again and it wouldn't do it so I hope my contents stay the same.

The featured box looks really good! Can't wait to get it. Looks better in person than in pictures.

It's the 10th and my box page still isn't loaded so I chatted with a rep and they gave me my box contents via chat.

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 12.07.51 PM.png

Not too bad, the momo shampoo is usually a good size, but I fear the conditioner is a foil packet.

I think I've already tried the mask some where in a past beauty box. I'm happy with any Paula's choice items and I do love the Beauty Protector scent. Overall not too bad of a box.

I've officially lost it. I thought I was getting the featured box but I had chosen a sample instead. :blush:   I think I was thinking about ordering the featured box and didn't. My sample choice was the Arrow waterproof mascara. I'm excited about trying it. I got Coola, Real Chemistry Peel, Amika Mask samples and also Klorane dry shampoo. I can definitely use the Klorane so I'm happy with the box. I might need to order the featured box now too although I'm drowning in samples.

I revealed my box and I am very disappointed. I got my Kiehls sample choice. But the rest of products don't match my profile. R+Co Dallas shampoo and conditioner, Beauty Protector & Volume, and the Arrow liner - I hate pencils that need sharpeners. I know I'm getting older and my hair isn't exactly what it used to be, but thickening and volume products just don't make sense. I have thick, dry, wavy hair and these products won't get used.

On my profile, for skincare concerns I have marked dark spots/uneven skin tone because dullness isn't an option. I wish it was because despite not having undereye circles/puffiness marked, every single month I get an eye cream. This month I'm getting the Paula's Choice Resist Anti Aging eye cream, last month it was the Supergoop! Advanced Anti Aging eye cream, in January it was the Origins GinZing Refreshing eye cream. Before that it was the Air Repair Super Hydrating eye cream. Oh and don't forget the Wilma Schumann eye pads, I've gotten those too. I never realized til now that I've gotten all those eye creams...

Before that, like in the middle of last year, I kept getting anti aging face creams. I'll take a scrub or literally anything else to not receive any anti-aging products. Foils, I don't mind. Perfume samples, I'm okay with. Anyway, as long as the boxes contain at least one thing I'm interested in I'll keep subbing. On another tangent, I traded away the Shiseido oil cleanser that came in a previous curated box and now I'm having swapper's remorse. But I am getting the Real Chemistry cleanser so I'm definitely going to try that out.

Latest posts

Back