Exfoliation Tips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am using a new home made exfoliator scrub. My skin is normal dry and sometimes prone to acne also. I am going to try new honey scrub. Has anybody use this facial scrub. If yes, then please provide some tips.  

To exfoliate your face at home, you can try either chemical or physical exfoliation with an over-the-counter scrub, or if you like you can make your own exfoliation scrub as follow:

1.      Put three tablespoons of regular white sugar into a small bowl. Add to it one tablespoon of water. Mix the sugar and water with your finger until it is a slightly thick paste.

2.      Use your finger or put the paste onto a clean soft wash cloth or rag and gently scrub the paste in small upward circular motions over your entire face to remove the dead skin. Continue this process till you have exfoliated the skin of your entire face.

3.      Rinse the scrub off thoroughly with tepid or lukewarm water and then splash your face with cold water to close the pores. Take care to get all the scrub off, otherwise you may feel like having a sticky face.

4.      Pat dry your face gently with a clean soft face towel.

5.       At the end apply your anti-aging serum (if you have one) and/or regular moisturizer. You can also consider applying a sunscreen or sunblock if you are going out in the sun after exfoliation, as your dead skin cells having been removed the fresh skin is prone to get damaged in the sun.

To exfoliate your face at home, you can try either chemical or physical exfoliation with an over-the-counter scrub, or if you like you can make your own exfoliation scrub as follow:

1.      Put three tablespoons of regular white sugar into a small bowl. Add to it one tablespoon of water. Mix the sugar and water with your finger until it is a slightly thick paste.

2.      Use your finger or put the paste onto a clean soft wash cloth or rag and gently scrub the paste in small upward circular motions over your entire face to remove the dead skin. Continue this process till you have exfoliated the skin of your entire face.

3.      Rinse the scrub off thoroughly with tepid or lukewarm water and then splash your face with cold water to close the pores. Take care to get all the scrub off, otherwise you may feel like having a sticky face.

5.       At the end apply your anti-aging serum (if you have one) and/or regular moisturizer. You can also consider applying a sunscreen or sunblock if you are going out in the sun after exfoliation, as your dead skin cells having been removed the fresh skin is prone to get damaged in the sun.

When you exfoliate make sure that you use sunscreen regularly. Since you're exposing "new" skin to the open air it's important to protect it from UVA/B rays. Also don't use them everyday as you will risk over exfoliating and damage healthy skin.

I am using a new home made exfoliator scrub. My skin is normal dry and sometimes prone to acne also. I am going to try new honey scrub. Has anybody use this facial scrub. If yes, then please provide some tips.  
Terrie, my skin is normal but elderly. Early in 2016 I purchased the Monsia Sonic 3 facial cleansing brush and used a homemade scrub made from aloe vera gel mixed with rice flour. I tried the mixture on my arm first to make sure it wasn't too "rough", it worked well. I am sure your honey mix scrub will be OK but I'd test it on your inner arm first. If it is good do share the recipe with me please as I like trying new natural scrubs.

I had the same problem with my skin where it gets really dry, I have been reading on a few different forums and it turns out that I was just exfoliating wrong and it was causing most of my problems. I found this article to be really helpful in educating me on exfoliation and skin care. Best of luck with it all (link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back