What causes excessive hair loss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A number of things can cause excessive hair loss. For example, about 3 or 4 months after an illness or a major surgery, you may suddenly lose a large amount of hair. This hair loss is related to the stress of the illness and is temporary.

There are a lot of causes and the best idea is probably get tested. Hair loss may occur when your pregnant, during menopause and sometimes your body might want to shed some hair temporarily. My hair is very thin and I use concealers + some natural remedies. I think asian communities are quite successful at herbal stuff.

When I feel really bad about it I'll use Volume Hair Plus or Mane that will boost my hair volume and although not permamnent fix, it's rather hair mekup it look great and makes me feel better. See your GP and if you want some quick fix google hair thickening sprays or hair loss concelaers.

There are a lot of causes and the best idea is probably get tested. Hair loss may occur when your pregnant, during menopause and sometimes your body might want to shed some hair temporarily. My hair is very thin and I use concealers + some natural remedies. I think asian communities are quite successful at herbal stuff.

When I feel really bad about it I'll use Volume Hair Plus or Mane that will boost my hair volume and although not permamnent fix, it's rather hair mekup it look great and makes me feel better. See your GP and if you want some quick fix google hair thickening sprays or hair loss concelaers.
I agree

The intense stress of the changes in the season and the most important consideration is to see if some of our vitamins are missing from hair loss

Hair loss treatment should be scientific and as per cause of hair loss. Most, common causes are a hormone, genetic, vitamins and iron and protein deficiency. Hair loss is multifactorial so treat most of the causes. Stress management by exercise, meditation, and yoga, diet modification to improve protein, vitamins, and nutrients, food supplements like vitamin B12, Vitamin D, iron etc, use of minoxidil and PRP, hair growth laser.

Alopecia areata - the disorder in which the immune system attack hair follicles. Alopecia areata is a form of hair loss produced by the autoimmune destruction of hair follicles in localized areas of skin.

Androgenetic hair loss is seen in both men and women but is more dramatic in men. Thyroid disease, anemia, protein deficiency, chemotherapy, and low vitamin levels may cause hair loss. Alopecia areata is a form of hair loss produced by the autoimmune destruction of hair follicles in localized areas of skin

Hi @hellengeek

here is the Principal reasons for hair loss : 

1. Nutritional Deficiencies
2. Hormonal Imbalance
3. Extreme stress
4. Hair products containing toxic chemicals
5. Extreme weight loss and crash diets
6. Tight Hairstyles
7. Side effect of cancer treatments
8. Medical conditions
9. Aging
10. Genetics

Hope it will help you 

Healthy hair isn’t just about cuts and color. Your hair’s health is maintained by quality care and restorative treatments. Throughout your appointment in a best salon and spa. there  stylists will gives hair care therapies  to your hair type. From sleek and straight, to bouncy curls, our experts can get your tresses healthy and runway ready. Finding the perfect hair salon can be a daunting task, but it is extremely important. Our hair defines us in a lot of ways. Your hair tells a story about who you are as a person, so it is important for your hair to look just the way you like it. Najwa’s Salon, Best Hair Salon in Collierville, TN are your family salon catering to the beauty and grooming needs of your entire family in the most professional and dedicated manner.

Najwasalon Best hair salon www.najwasalon (80).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hair loss occurs due to various reasons. It may be due to stress, sickness, season and vitamin deficiency. Its best to consult a doctor for this.

Latest posts

Back