Adult Acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Suffering from serious adult acne. What to do? 

I have got these problems also:

• Oily Skin
  • Skin patches
Please suggest me some solutions. 

There are  a few causes why you are suffering from acne:genetics, sweating, hormones, bedding, so it is better to wash your face or body immediately after sweating, change your sheet frequently, and you can use green tea cream to reduce too much hormones. Hope it help you!

I usually take bath whenever I got sweating after exercise or gym. Yes, I want to include green tea in my routine. 

As luckycoco said, there are many reasons why you may be suffering from this condition, so I believe that you should consult your dermatologist in order to determine what causes your body to react like that and find the most effective treatment. Each person is a different case and due to this, suggested solutions or remedies may not have the same result on each and every one of them. Besides, are you sure it is acne? Pimples may also be a sign of other conditions, such as allergic reactions.

In my case, my dermatologist prescribed a purifying soap for cleaning my face and a solution for applying in the problematic areas. Apart from these, I 'll share some other advice that worked on me. I would recommend you to be careful with what comes in contact with your skin. Change your sheets-pillowcases and face towels regularly. If you use make up, make sure it is  oil-free and of non-pore blocking formulas. It is also essential that you clean your brushes and applicators thoroughly and as frequently as possible (I personally saw a notable difference when I started applying my liquid foundation with clean fingers).  Finally, if you consume a lot of eggs and chocolate, reducing them may help too. 

I hope my advice is helpful to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hi, would like to share something on how I get rid of my acne so fast.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I had acne breakouts and it's really horrific! I tried several medications but then none of them works. You can try my secret solution. You should never wash your face with beauty soaps, just lukewarm water; it should be done in the morning, afternoon and before bedtime. Leave it with just air to dry, do not use towels. Do not prick your pimples or touch it with your bare hands, it might get worse, then use Deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator; this is the very solution I have. In just 3 days, my acne starts to dry and a few weeks later it was disappearing with no trace of acne scars. It leaves a soothing and relaxing feeling that lightens your face. [/SIZE]

From few weeks I have included green tea in my daily routine and unfortunately find a difference on my skin. 

Hey there, new to this forum! I have been doing a bit of research into adult acne (I have a lot of PIH and acne scarring) I found that the diet plays a big role in my acne! After cutting out fried food and maintaining a relatively clean and healthy diet its improved a tone!

I also did a bit of research and started using AHA and BHA. If you don't know what they are I suggest reading into it! I found my information from here: 

http://www.skincarisma.com/blog/aha-vs-bha and  http://stylecaster.com/beauty/aha-vs-bha/

They essentially help with the skin turnover process and help degunk your pores! Those are my two tips for acne :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope that helps!

Very good cleaning and several times a week pilling to escape the petty grease. There are creams that regulate this grease without losing the skin the necessary moisture

I know how annoying this can be. I also had acne a few years ago. I have dry skin and it was really difficult for me to get rid of acne, my dermatologist recommended me to use DermalMD treatment for acne and it worked really well. You should try it as well. 

Suffering from serious adult acne. What to do? 

I have got these problems also:

• Oily Skin
  • Skin patches
Please suggest me some solutions. 
we both have the same problem. acne on top of another acne, right? well, i only abide by three steps, these days, and so far - it's been very helpful

night time

Cleanse - non-soapy cleanser with honey and witch hazel

Tone - placenta toner

Moisturize - argan oil

day time

cleanse, tone, moisturize by using spf day cream for oily skin

Severe acne is caused due to clogged skin pores by dead cells and oil particles. Many people prefer to take Accutane in such situation but it has many severe side effects. The best Accutane alternative you can prefer is Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) which is effective in controlling excess sebum and oil production in the body.

I would love to recommend you Revitol Acnezine cream by revitol dot us as I have used it too. It is an ultimate breakthrough product that helps you get rid of that unsightly acne. Most of the acne treatments work from outside only, but, Revitol Acnezine works at a deeper level to eliminate the root cause. It works faster than any other acne cream available and leaves no negative side effects.m available and leaves no negative side effects. Its a must try!

1.    Hydrabelle was the best skincare product you can find in the market these days. It revitalizes and refreshes my skin than anything else. I have been using this for few weeks and already enjoying the amazing results.  I feel fresh every day and my husband guesses it is the power of Hydrabelle..

You can use Cosrx One Step Pimple Clear Pads ,it is very good products for Acne. This product is simple to use with its pre-soaked cotton pads that clear up any blemishes while preventing future breakouts. It is formulated with white willow bark tree extract as well as natural BHA that soothe irritated and inflamed skin. 

[HOW TO USE] After cleansing , swipe the embossing side across the face while avoiding the eye area. Swipe the softer side across the face to pick up remaining debris. Do not rinse. Close lid tightly after each use.

COSRX_Pimple_Clearing_Pads_info_summary_copy_1024x1024.jpg

There are some best natural remedies to get rid of acne problems such as Lemon juice, papaya, egg white, manuka honey etc. You can try these remedies to overcome acne problem.

What other skin conditions can mimic acne symptoms and signs?

• Rosacea: This condition is characterized by pimples but not comedones and occurs in the middle third of the face, along with redness, flushing, and superficial blood vessels. It generally affects people in their 30s and 40s and older.
  • Pseudofolliculitis: This is sometimes called "razor bumps" or "razor rash." When cut too close to the skin, growing hairs twist into the skin and produce tender bumps. This is a mechanical problem, and treatment involves shaving less (growing a beard, laser hair removal). Pseudofolliculitis can, of course, occur in patients who have acne, too.
  • Folliculitis: Pimples can occur on other parts of the body, such as the abdomen, buttocks, or legs. These represent not acne but inflamed follicles. If these don't go away on their own, doctors can prescribe oral or external antibiotics, generally not the same ones used for acne.
  • Gram-negative folliculitis: Some patients who have been treated with oral antibiotics for long periods of time develop pustules filled with bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotics that were previously used. Bacterial culture tests can identify these germs, leading the doctor to prescribe different antibiotics or other forms of treatment.

When should someone start acne treatment?

Since everyone gets acne at some time, the right time to treat it is when it becomes bothersome or when the potential for scarring develops. This can be when severe acne flares suddenly, for mild acne that just won't go away, or even when a single pimple decides to show up the week before one's prom or wedding.

What can people do to get rid of their acne?

Lifestyle

Moderation and regularity are good things, but not everyone can sleep eight hours, eat three healthy meals per day, and drink plenty of water a day. Probably the most useful lifestyle changes one can make is to never to pick or squeeze pimples. Playing with or popping pimples, no matter how careful and clean one is, nearly always makes bumps stay redder and bumpier longer. People often refer to redness as "scarring," but fortunately, it usually isn't permanent. It's just a mark that takes months to fade if left entirely alone.

Open the pores

Occasional visits to an esthetician who is an expert at safely removing blackheads during a facial can be beneficial.

Cleansing and skin care

Despite what one might read in popular style and fashion magazines, there is no magic product or regimen that is right for every person and situation.

• Mild cleansers: Washing once or twice a day with a mild cleansing bar or liquid (for example, Dove, Neutrogena, Basis, Purpose, and Cetaphil are all inexpensive and popular) will keep the skin clean and minimize sensitivity and irritation.
  • Exfoliating cleansers and masks: A variety of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used. These products may contain salicylic acid in a concentration that makes it a very mild peeling agent. These products remove the outer layer of the skin and thus open pores. Products containing glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids are also gentle skin exfoliants.
  • Retinol: Not to be confused with the prescription medication Retin-A, this derivative of vitamin A can help promote skin peeling.

Reducing bacteria

• Antibacterial cleansers: The most popular ingredient in over-the-counter antibacterial cleansers is benzoyl peroxide.
  • Topical (external) applications: Antibacterial cleansers come in the form of gels, creams, and lotions that are applied to the affected area. The active ingredients that kill surface bacteria include benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, and resorcinol. Some brands promoted on the Internet and cable TV (such as ProActiv) are much more costly than identical and sometimes more potent products one can buy in the drugstore.
Benzoyl peroxide causes red and scaly skin irritation in a small number of people, which goes away as soon as one stops using the product. Keep in mind that benzoyl peroxide is a bleach, so do not let products containing benzoyl peroxide come into contact with fabrics, leaving unsightly white spots on colored clothes, shirts, towels, and carpets.

Reduce the oil

One cannot stop oil glands from producing oil. Even isotretinoin (Accutane, see below) only slows down oil glands for a while; they resume normal activity later. It is possible to get rid of oil on the surface of the skin and reduce the appearance of shine.

• Use a gentle astringent/toner to wipe away oil. (There are many brands available in pharmacies, as well as from manufacturers of cosmetic lines.)
  • Products containing glycolic acid or one of the other alpha hydroxy acids are also helpful in clearing the skin by causing the superficial layer of the skin to peel (exfoliate).
  • Masks containing sulfur and other ingredients draw out facial oil.
  • Antibacterial pads containing benzoyl peroxide have the additional benefit of helping to wipe away oil.

I think you must try the Dermaroller treatment for your skin.

Benefits of dermaroller treatment for skin-

Dermaroller Therapy reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scarring, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and sun damageDermaroller Therapy tightens pores which become larger as we ageDermaroller Therapy requires no downtime and recovery times are shorter than Laser treatmentsDermaroller Therapy naturally stimulates the skin to repair itself creating a thicker and healthier appearance

Adult acne can be difficult to control, since it is usually hormone-related. You might try examining your diet, excess insulin from high-glycemic foods, prepackaged foods, pasts, bread, and rice can affect your hormones. In addition, dairy products can also make it more likely that you will have a breakout.

If you haven't already, consider seeing a dermatologist. They can help you control your acne and also can help remove any scarring that may occur.

Do you have permanent or temporary patches?? Cause if it is a regular thing you better visit a doctor, as you may have more problems like stomach issue and etc. My personally recommendation is https://virginic.com/collections/cleansers/products/sweet-almond-cleanser-2-phase-makeup-remover

or you can try Dove which should be available in beauty shops, like Rossman, etc 

but use moisturizers afterwards!! after cleanser the skin will become dry..

Also, I think you need cleansers which reduce bacteria on your skin. ANYWAY, try to go to dermatologist!

Latest posts

Back